When is another manufacturer going to make a legitimate sports & perfomance oriented truck?

When is another manufacturer going to make a legitimate sports & perfomance oriented truck?

what a stupid idea. trucks should be durable, reliable and lastly comfy.
why take away the comfy?

>sports
>truck
As soon as someone builds an offroad Viper.

>truck cuck
>sporty

No no no no

That's what this was. It had the Viper motor in it.

I think it was 2wd though, I agree better off to have it where it was still useful as an offroad vehicle.

I kind of like the Range Rover Sport SVR for that reason, it's got a big motor in it but still can go offroad. Versus the other sporty SUVs all have basically track tires on them.

I'd love to take a RAM chassis, dump a Viper engine in it and add Mad Max-style Viper bodywork.

For the novelty and the fun of having an absurdly fast truck driving at really hihg speeds down the highway.

Also I'm not a truck guy, but whatever interest i've had in trucks was piqued by the SRT10 and if i were to get a truck, I'd use as a shameless mall crawler since i dont off-road much. However, the idea of a hoon-worthy truck is what makes something like the SRT10 attractive

>What is GMC Syclone?
>What is Ford F150 SVT Lightning?
>What is Toyota TRD Tundra Supercharged?

It was literally a top trim 3g ram 1500. As someone that owns a non srt one, they are maximum kampfy

>none of thse are made any more
>even the supercharger is cancelled

Raptor is the last performance truck

>implying implications

The SRT10 was G.O.A.T. in street racing vidya.
This. Something that looks like a truck but is powerful enough to allow for hoonanigans and traffic antics would be great

YES~ build all that shit!
>10 cylinder truck
The only time Paul could say his truck has as many cylinders as Romeo's Lamborghini.

Actually Ford have thrown a V10 into Super Dutys and Excursions for ages, but it was tuned for low revs and torque, not a sports car engine.

Good thing the real world works just like a video game, right? Also the Ram SRT10 was useless even in video games, I drove it in Gran Turismo 4 and it was complete garbage in corners and even on straights it could only just keep up with sports cars due to its high weight.

>street racing vidya
>GT4

Sorry to hear that my simcade games are too realistic for your autismal brain.

>GT
>Street Racing

Tomorrow.

>I think it was 2wd
It is and for as much as we have to put up with people saying unironically that the Viper engine is an aluminum truck engine it doesn't bolt up to the V10 Magnum 8.0 transmission or we'd have a lot more mud splattered all over the damn place.

>implying truck drivers don't already go 30+ higher than everyone else
Where the fuck do you live that this doesn't happen, and why do you WANT to put people's lives in danger? Take it to a track dumbass

Chebby is supposedly making the Silverado SS... Which if they do I hope they're not stupid enough to make it with crew cabs like they did in 2005

I have a feeling that Ford might bring back their Tremor and actually improve it. The last one was pretty shit imo.

Yeah, the SS or Cheyenne as they call it prolly wont happen until they unveil the next gen Chevy Silverado it seems.

GT4-6 has the quad cab 4spd auto hemi powered Ram.

Just get a Australian Holden ute

That wasnt the srt in gran turismo
you fucking autist. It was a regular cab short bed ram 1500.

Never. Its a truck...which is used for work, not dicking around

see
It wasn't a regular cab.

When i first saw this in the game i was quite blown away.

Of all cars to add they added a Ram truck? most games would go SRT10 Ram just for the novelty but its like they were thinking of a car to add and someone casually suggested "what about a ram?" even more bizarre for a japanese racing game as you would think if they were going to add a generic truck it'd be a hilux or something.

I would cum buckets for a Crown Vic in Gran Turismo or Forza. still can't believe nobody has done it yet. closest thing i got was the B-body Impala SS in Forza 4.

Impala>Crown Vic

Holy shit have you ever gone outside?

that poor 10 bolt
rip

i thought that was what the Ford Raptor is? No?

what do you call the raptor?

Ram R/T is about the closest thing to that these days. I'm surprised that they still haven't done at least an SRT8 version with the 392 Hemi.

They need to drop a Hellcat engine in a Ram.

dumbfuck we want street trucks in the vein of the srt 10 and 2nd gen lightning

Even fan made trucks can be dicked around in

better question
when are manufacturers going to make another brick

>What is all of these are getting harder to find by the day?

I believe they are op

God, lumpy modern trucks with a single cab and short bed look fucking horrid.

Stop making this thread already.

just want to point out in GT6 the Ram 1500 was quite competitive in multiplayer at lower performance point races

funny enough it was at its best at low speed technical tracks

>still in production

Cobra?

bamp

it was a decent truck, its just wasnt worth the almost 50k price tag. for a couple grand more you could have a SVT raptor

yes

These look even better in person. That pic doesn't do it justice

Oh shit you're right. I forgot

>50k
Jesus, I thought it was around $28-30k or something.

>sports & perfomance oriented truck?
for what purpose

Just cause.

I can't comprehend why so many people hate the Shelby converted F-150 so much though..
Granted I don't like the idea that it's jacked up in height because I'm thinking it could lead to a potential rollover, but other than that I thought it was a pretty good idea.

the 1500 sport r/t is pretty hoon-worthy

the 4wd is slightly heavier/different axle ratio and I think requires an 8speed

i own a 2016 ram 1500 sport in the 4wd and its got plenty of power and sounds beefy, much cheaper compared the price an srt10 would be new in this year and has plenty of goodies with it

Building cars like SRT10, BMW X6, all of dodge and chevy, etc are a waste of resources.

Does the sport 1500 have the 5.7 Hemi?

yes, it has 400hp and about 410 torque

if youre buying a ram and getting a v6 youre retarded

karma now my 5.7 wil probs explode

Nah I got one with a V10 in it

Same applies to the SRT-10. What makes Dodge special?

How big (read:small) is your cock?

This sounds like simmering roadkill would do with a ram from the 70s

Does the Cherokee SRT count or no
>tfw no 2017 Comanche
>would look shit if it was KL based anyway

Why do you people perpetuate that crap within your own culture
No gun owners would willingly propagate that garbage even when shit talking someone who bought a Vulcan .50BMG.

they are freudian degenerates, anything and everything is sexual to them

not very intelligent usually

>When is another manufacturer going to make a legitimate sports & perfomance oriented truck?

If you want one, build one. The aftermarket is vast.

It's only in a 1500, does that count for anything?

>Unibody
No.

Exactly this. Street trucks for hoonigan purposes

Damn trip

And since when are performance vehicles body on frame?

No, i want one fully made and factory ready. Money is not an issue.

Since when were trucks performance vehicles?
No matter what you do it's an inferior platform to a passenger car for a roadgoing performance vehicle. Too heavy, not balanced, and suspensions that are made for travel, not roadholding.

post more pics

Then import a Holden Maloo R8.

>raptor
>last performance truck

It has a fucking economist engine, now. That shit is BEYOND gay.

Also, Canadian dealership built a Hellram to prove it can be done. 4x4. 707hp. In a goddamn Ram. Dodge is insane enough to make this a reality.

wont last 100 miles, pointless but fun

>Sports
>Truck

Go back to bed you aussie cunt.

every single year in australia for over half a century

and now falcodores are getting killed off

why do you want something that looks bad to go moderately fast and actually have no reason to be whatsoever?

Because I can.

Because you can is usually a good reason...

Why do people want shit like this made instead of affordable domestic midengine sportscars?

Actually you can't, since there ain't any.

But anyway I don't care, trucks are built for North America after all.

OP here. While Ute's are slickly styled, they sit too low and lack all of the striking street presence that makes the tall SRT-10 and it's ilk (F-150 SVT Lightning being the closest competitor) especially appealing to me.

(Though i think i'm being hypocritical here because i'll be one the first people to get an SS El Camino if GM were to bring it back into production........ yet that is QUITE LITERALLY what the Holden Ute is.)

OP Here again and is right. But also, as has been mentioned ITT, street oriented sport trucks are fun for the novelty and the especially amusing kind of hoonanigans that a truck allows for.

Because that shit will always exist lets see some fucking crazy.

The KL is unibody? I thought Maserati was behind the KL SRT's underbody shit.

Boutta shove a small block Ford motor, crate or a pre 1980's Ford v8 into a 1980 Ford Courier.. Which is like a pre-ranger that was designed by mazda and had a Ford 4 cylinder.. It'll prolly be a straight line runner and handle like shit but fuck it

The Aisin AW4 4 speed automatic transmission, widely used in Jeeps such as the XJ Cherokee and Comanche pickup, is internally and externally almost identical to an Aisin A340e, save for a different bell end.

>mfw it's 2J Time