Noob cone air filter question

So tomorrow I'm going to be installing an intake and full exhaust.

>Two questions
The intake did not come with any oil. Do I need to go buy some and apply even though it is still new in the plastic?

2nd how often does one have to re oil and clean said cone filter.

Car is a 15 wrx since someone will most likely ask.

I'm stuck at work towing other people's hoopty ass cars so I'll check back later if I get a chance to give more details if needed.

Flame away for rookie question.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PAIxeQUSg-Q
youtu.be/gCi2yo4UqPI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>oil
Vape juice will suffice.

>Implying you know anything about air filters

kys tripfag

>implying vape juice isn't a good lube for the filter
You clearly don't know shit, friend.

That's grand coming from you, driving your Diesel Fiat.

How can you pretend to know cars and drive that?

>he doesn't use 100% PG Vape Juice to lube up his filter
lmao

>cold air intake
>doing anything
Pick one.

Kill yourself you stupid boyracer.

Op again.

Responses were as expected. Sadly I do not have access to high quality vape juice. Regular cigs and regular cane do me just fine.

As far as hate for modding the car ok I get it sucks to not have disposable income.

When I do end up blowing up the motor I shall buy a $500 civic and a liter bike to kill myself on as requested.

Heres a pic of a caravan that cylinder 5 decided it didnt want to be inside anymore for your enjoyment.

youtu.be/PAIxeQUSg-Q
youtu.be/gCi2yo4UqPI

Im not expert to automotive engineering, but why in the world would you need to oil the air filter or any part of the tubing for that matter? The seal on a new oil filter, sure, but air intake?

Sorry I do not mean motor oil. I mean the oily/cleaner shit you use to give dirt particles something to stick to besides just the paper.

>piston 5

Thansk

True I'm 9 hours into my shift and still have 3 to go pretty much on auto pilot at this point.

Also I'm not just slapping all this shit on there to run it lean as fuck. Got a etune to make it driveable till I can get it to my guy who is gonna custom dyno tune it for me.

>le cold air intake does nothing maymay

It doesn't make you into a 10 second car, but so long as you are using a black plastic tube and heat shield it will give a small but noticeable boost to acceleration from a full stop and MPG

reeeeealy

You know that there are dry cone air filters right? Injen for example uses a dry cone air filter. The only ones I know of that still use oil are some K&N filters. Look it up first before you go fucking up your shit.

What brand is the filter? I know for K&N it's ready to go out of the box.

As for reoiling/cleaning, they say 50k miles unless you live in a place with tons of dust. Personally I'd do it more often, but you should be able to look at the filter and determine if it needs cleaned

>intake did not come with any oil
Is it a dry filter? A lot of aftermarket intakes use dry filters that don't require oil.

>how often does one have to re oil and clean said cone filter
Same answer as before, make sure it isn't a dry filter first. If I were you I would just call the company you bought it from.

I hope you have some sort of tuning solution like a Cobb access port or something. The intake/exhaust combo won't do much without one.
Plus, it could make your car run like shit and potentially ping.

Oops just read

[Citation needed]

It's a cobb filter. Not at home to read the shit that came with it to double check if it's wet or dry. Thank you for informing me of that did not know there was a difference. Just sitting around waiting for the next POS I have to go tow.

Here's a proud that smoked a person who wanted to cross a 5 lane road without a walk light. Since you are not a shitty person

>caravan
>parts trying to escape
Top kek

Yes really, the meme that they do nothing stems from boy racers installing things like pic related
>chrome pipe retains heat
>filter not blocked from engine meaning all its pulling it hot air

Yes, things like this do nothing/possibly make performance worse. But you are a retard if you think panel filters connected to a few pounds of muffling equipment is better than an open plastic tube + cone filter sectioned off from the engine.

Again, not going to be a massive difference like CAI companies advertise, but there is an improvement. I won't disagree that they are often overpriced though

If this isn't a cold air intake you shouldn't modify the intake at all. Blindly sucking in air from the engine bay reduced performance because you end up reducing intake air density.

Forgot my pic

Looked up Cobb filters quick, seems that they are oiled, not sure if they come dry too.

Thanks I will look into it more tonight when I get off before I go pulling shit off tomorrow.

Last pic for now. Just got a stratus to go pick up. Enjoy this was a legit one not done up to look like one.

>sucking in hot engine bay air

My favorite is when Miatafags put their intakes right next to the hottest thing in the whole engine bay.

Literally says in his post that is what NOT to do

Why do people go for the chrome pipe?
>entire engine bay looks dull, old and greasy
>I know I'll put a shiny pipe right in the middle that won't look way out of place or anything

How would one go about it the right way, then? A plastic pipe, or insulation to keep engine bay heat from warming up the steel pipe further?

Well just looked some shit up. It is indeed a CAI and also a wet filter

Make sure you get a tune for the intake, or prepare to have your car run like shit.

You can get away with slapping an intake on an NA car but you absolutely require a tune on a turbo car.

Thx I've got the tune and everything ready won't have any problems like that just need to get it all on.

Here's another messed up car since I'm bored

>being this fucking stupid

Are you a goldfish senpai?

You going with the Cobb Stage 1 OTS? I'm thinking about doing that in a couple months but I don't want to fuck my warranty.