Every vehicle in Mazda's line up is best in class, so why aren't they making more money...

Every vehicle in Mazda's line up is best in class, so why aren't they making more money? They are still the smallest "big name" brand.

Because they were held back by ford forever.
They are gaining momentum now.
>inb4 instigators

Possibly because Honda and Toyota always overshadowed them. I'd bank on it being that mazda is a little bit more expensive for similar features when comparing cars like the civic vs the 3, or the camry vs the 6. ect ect.
Base models are a different story, but i know a decently equipped mazda 3 can get to like 23k or 25k pretty quick depending on the engine you want.
Also maybe that whole rust/shit paint thing they went through a few gens ago hurt sales, who knows.

Because they have a tiny lineup.

>Every vehicle in Mazda's line up is best in class
>>>>>>>>>>

Sporty handling and lack of easy to understand buzzwords like hybrid and turbo don't sell to the masses. They aren't the most reliable Japanese brand either. Also they're fucking expensive for the engines you get. They're priced up there with STs and GTIs Yet compete with standard trims.

>Every vehicle in Mazda's line up is best in class

even if this was true being "the best" is not enough, especially if you want to sell SUVs, sedans etc.

mazda never really had a brand recognition compared to toyota or honda

and all mazdas were always mostly about handling, even their SUVs handle surprisingly nicely
however handling means nothing to non-enthusiasts

DIESEL FIAT

Subaru has a bigger lineup? Subaru is in record profits

>500 Abarth, worst in class sport compact
>500E, worst in class electric
>500L, worst in class compact SUV

really makes u think

People now value brand and image above anything else.
Mazda is what to these people?
Minivans and that gay little sports car?

considering the only good car made by your favorite shitbrand, fiat, is a mazda

yes they are

cuck

I hope the RX-9 destroys the competition and looks stunning so Mazda can get some prestige

>nothing over 200hp
kys

Yeah they do moron.
Also
>needing over 200hp to get to work
Kys

>Best brand
>200hp

M9 only shitboxes have 200hp

>cant even read
Wew

Mazda doesn't make a bad car. You can't prove me wrong.

cx-3

reasonably sporty CUV, same size as the Juke with ten times more feels

AWD compact with good mpg
I dont see the issue

>CUV

ypu are supposed to prove that all of mazdas car are good

>best CUV in it's class

Wrong bitch

Yeah, and the CX-3 is one of their best new cars. Not everything they make is a sports car you twin turbo autist.

>i know a decently equipped mazda 3 can get to like 23k or 25k pretty quick depending on the engine you want.
Pretty sure there's only 4 engines total in Mazda's entire lineup, and I don't think two of them are even offered in the US at all.

>CUV

best at being shit

Fun fact: the RX-2 was praised in the US when it was first released for making as much power out of a 1.2 liter dorito as 5.0+ liter V8s at the time, but got absolutely shitslammed for its awful handling. This hurt Mazda's feelings so much that they've made handling their number one priority for every car they ever made after that.

>hes mad

>He is mad I like C Uck Vehicles

ok

Because of the huge US market mainly.
Toyota of course but particularly Honda have cornered a large percentage of the US market with "much reliability marketing" or just good normal marketing, I don't know.

All I know is Mazdas are very reliable, close enough to Toyota and Honda that it doesn't matter unless your like the 5th owner of the car. Also Mazda does very well in the Japanese and Australian markets. Europe I don't understand why they don't buy more. They usually understand what's good

>No V8s
>FWD pleb shit

V8s are for cucks

You won't be able to buy any V8s soon from any manufacturer except maybe Ferrari and the like, buddy, and they will be turbo'd.

Get one while you still can

>"V8s are for cucks"
posting this from your sub 200HP shit box are you?

>..that happen to be faster than most v8 "sports cars"

didn't they teach you in school to write complete sentences

It's hard to make much money when you have the same R&D costs are bigger players selling multiple times the volume.

>1.3L diesel Punto
>auto enthusiast

I've long found it strange that Mazda is much more popular in Canada than the US, despite very similar tastes and the same vehicles offered. IIRC Mazda's share in Canada is more than twice what it is in the US.

...although looks like they're losing ground recently in Canada. I assume because of gas prices (people buying more trucks).

Canadians also tend to buy more hatchbacks, whereas the US favors crossovers and sedans. Basically, Canadians have better taste.

Actually, we buy a lot of Mitsubishi's too so are taste is still shit.

Has anyone else noticed this?

>look in window of most cars
>automatic over 90% of the time
>look in window of a Mazda
>more likely to be a manual than an auto

Even Subarus are usually auto

>tfw my wife drives a manual mazda 3

The kind of person who'd spec a manual in a family car is Mazda's core market.

Except for any truck made in the US

It's basically a worse version of the mazda3, yet it's still the best vehicle in its class

Its actually a better version of a mazda 2

Most people buying mazdas are aware of what they want/need/capable of buying.

They generally want an a-b appliance that is well rounded. This includes sportiness and cheapness so naturally a manual will fit perfectly. Other brands try to be well rounded, but end up heavily skewing towards luxury or comfort and thus are usually equipped with automatics.

Cause their cars only have like 150-200 hp

Even (or should I say especially?) people who don't give a shit about cars think that is little.

Which Mazda is the best Mazda?

Miata obv

FD3S.

Being as specific as possible?

RX-7 FC Turbo II

Because they're appliances with deceptive styling and """"""good""""" handling.

and yet they don't offer it in our shithole country

Bump

That's for America. Here in Europe most cars are manual.

>not the infini

You mean best car in the class to rust? Mazda rusts already on the assembly line.

>Thank god my premium brand would never let something like that hap...
lel

give the people want they want a mazda6 station wagon with the 2.5t and avaiilable awd

and use a dsg mated with awd

I doubt it.
Some trucks maybe but they'll move away too

2017 highlander has a 8 speed auto, cx-9 has only 6 speed, so already made obsolete by the bench mark vehicle in its segment... fuck it throw in a dsg with awd in the cx-9 too

fuck off back to /v/ kid

do you really think they'd care about the 2017 highlander?

>awful handling
>compared to 1970s American cars
Holy shit, how bad was it?

>auto
Are you a soccer mom? Do you give a shit?

At least it won't blow itself up, lol

soccer moms is a very lucrative market that mazda needs to capitalize from, it's not like they're gaining anymore ground selling rebadged mazda2's to people like you

mazda i know you motherfuckers read this board regularly

here's what to do
conventional 6 speed auto in all fwd models, doesn't matter what the fuck it is, if its fwd and auto use conventional 6 speed. anything that is fwd based but opted with awd, throw in dsg

>1 liter cuckbox

Literally the only SUV I'd consider aside from the Juke and HRV.

>he fell for the V8 meme!!!

kek!

KEK!!!

subaru offers AWD, mazda (these days) offers nothing that other car companies dont have. it was a great competitor in 90's because muh rx7, muh miata, muh sportscar and stuff. currently, no one wants sports car. its all bout SUVs, hatches. so there we have SUV kings - any korean brand really, lots of premium choice as well. hatches? ford dominates UK and US, golf/seat whatever dominates rest of europe. mazda no longer produces what it was good at and tries to catch up with trend. now they do great thing putting effort in mazda3