You know what really chaps my sweet ass, Veeky Forums...

You know what really chaps my sweet ass, Veeky Forums? I took my s13 hatch in for a new power steering line since one of the old ones split and I work all the time so I couldn't be bothered to struggle with the lack of clearance on the bottom side yesterday, right? Then I go to pick it up today after work all excited to go for a nice cruise, and they hand me the keys to what was a perfectly functional car with a moderate power steering leak that somehow ended up being a typical s-chassis running in fucking limp mode with a speedometer that reads so slowly it's only really good for telling me how fast I was going 10 seconds ago. So after I bounce it off the sweet new 2500RPM rev limiter long enough to pull over and get it running correctly (MAF sensor was unplugged for some reason) in some ghetto ass parking lot, I call the shop and an employee tells me they're fucking closed. You fucking answered the phone prick, I paid you less than 10 minutes ago, you're clearly not fucking closed. So I try to ask him what they might have done that would cause my speedometer to act up, and he goes "uhhhhh mmmm Idunno dude." and hangs up on me.

But anyway, does anyone have an idea why my speedometer would now be reading excessively slowly. Any change in speed I make takes it a good 3-5 seconds for it to move the needle up or down to. It definitely didn't do that yesterday when I dropped it off. It's a '91 s13 hatch with a KA24DE if that helps.

Its a S-chassis.
The speedos are known to fail.

assmad gm fangirl detected

I speak truth though. Its a common issue.
Nissan owners are just too stupid to research before buying. So they buy shit cars

Do S chassis use speedometer cables or some newfangled electronic witchcraft?

Its a super poorly built speed sensor

I love this car 2bh, though it's certainly not the most reliable vehicle ever.

forgive my lack of knowledge on this type of problem, but could a bad sensor or poorly adjusted cable cause my problem?

There is no cable. Just a sensor on the transmission and the receiver in the cluster. Go read about how shitty your car is on nissan forums

Have you verified that the new power steering hose was actually installed, and that it does not leak?

I should also clarify that it's not cutting in and out of movement like I've seen some others do. The needle is always trying to adjust to my acceleration or braking, the movement is smooth and consistent. It just takes it a lot longer to get there now.

Do we focus on the speedo or getting it out of limp mode? Id just download a free speedometer app and mount your phone to your dash for now.

Yes, though I will not be using this shop again. Should've just replaced the hose my damn self. Just been tired lately working HVAC in this heat.

It's already out of limp mode, they just unplugged the MAF sensor for some reason and forgot to plug it back in.

My bad poor reading comprehension. I'll do a bit of reading and get back to you.

Cool, thanks man.

The answer was already posted
Hes choosing to be ignorant. Just like how he chooses to be ignorant of how shitty his car is.

What was the answer?

Ok so one possibility I was thinking about was that the needle somehow got bent. Could just be coincidence it happened now. Unlikely because they shouldn't be in that area but would explain sluggishness. They could have also maybe somehow fucked some wiring going to your stepper motor that controls the needle, not giving it enough voltage or something.

>unplugged the MAF sensor for some reason
Not for "some reason". Parts were obviously swapped.

Please don't give the autist (you)s. I sont know what 240 wiring is like but maybe something isn't quite plugged in all the way, that's my best guess.

Fucking idiot. Pic related. The maf covers the area they worked in. Fucking nissan faggots are so stupid
>autist
Im right and you know it. Its the speed sensor or reciever
For fucks sake, the amount of stupidity

some tech has taken it out after they worked on it and gave it an absolute spanking and broke something.

Always record you odometer before leaving your car in, and make the garage aware that you have recorded it and don't want it driven.

@15740262
Generally when you unplug something you plug it back in. That's what he is referring to. And yes of course its "in the cluster" I'm going more specific than that.

>he doesnt know how to quote
>And yes of course its "in the cluster" I'm going more specific than that.
You cant be more specific than sensor or reciever moron.
Those are the two things that control the gauge.
Every single S-chassis fucker is really this fucking dumb

With the line they replaced being right next to (almost under) the intake and airbox I'd guess they took it out for easy access and forgot to plug the MAF in when they put it back in.

Suppose I'll look into the sensor, receiver, and wiring tomorrow after work. On the upside tomorrow is payday and I have a 3 day weekend to figure this shit out.

REEAAAALLY uncomfortable with that idea. Really grinds my gears 2bh though I learned from some friends that did valet parking in highschool that it can and will happen. Should put a game camera in that shit next time.

@15740301
I'm not giving you (you)s, I've been in this thread the whole time replying to him actually trying to help. And in your mind there's no wiring in between the two and theyre both single components?

>@
>@

all you have to fucking do is click the fucking post number

I get plenty of yous
Obviously there is wiring. My god... its so obvious. You people hurt my brain with your stupidity.

@15740325
M8. I know how to do that. I'm And other posts. I'm not giving you that precious (you) you want so much.

>Any change in speed I make takes it a good 3-5 seconds for it to move the needle
If the magnetic rotor in the transmission is over-revved it will abrade the sensor and reduce it's sensitivity.