Sold my FRS for a 2016 Lancer SE

>Sold my FRS for a 2016 Lancer SE.

Was this the biggest mistake of all time?

Pic related. The new Lancer.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hKU6oojiWM4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you're just a cuck but I mean was that really a change from before?

Lancers haven't been good since, what? 2010. Probably even before that.
You basically could have bought an awd accord and have the same thing. But better

you sold a slow car for a slow car
you have +2 doors and storage now, congrats

did you think FWD would be any more fun or fast?

You made a mistake, at least with the frs you had the aftermarket potential for something fun

I was getting back pains pretty bad from getting in and out of the FRS so the FWD didnt even cross my mind when I saw the higher seating

lose some weight buddeh, you don't know how to get into small cars

They still make/sell these? I thought mitsu was going bust in the US

you bought the most cucked generation of lancers, and not even an EVO

what the fuck OP

Ha, I wish it were just a weight issue. I'm 150 lbs breh

Still a handsome car

That said, I hope it doesn't have a CVT

then lean in with right leg, grab door handle with left hand, grab steering wheel with right and fall into place

How long did you have the fr-s for? did you buy it new from dealer ship? I got a honda, but i want to trade it in for a si model. Should i just stop and not be dumb?

>Should i just stop and not be dumb?
yes, WRX instead

A Fiesta/Focus ST has higher seating

You're just retarded.

>Was this the biggest mistake of all time?

you fked up, but you can turn this situation into a good one

you now have a somewhat reliable somewhat comfy and somewhat fuel efficient daily.

which frees you up to get a project car

Needed something cheap because I'm half-jew apparently

I have no idea what a CVT is

I'm in Canada, but ya apparently they're still being made. I thought they were done for too.

I bought it used with 20k miles on it. Only had it for 6 months but it just didnt work for me. I needed more room and like I said, it's not very practical in a big city, like the one I live in. Because it's difficult to get in and out of in tight areas.

I fucking hate hatchbacks. Not sure why. Just a thing

In all genuine honesty OP, you made a huge mistake. The Lancer is 20 out of 20 on C&D's compact car rankings for a reason: it's the same car it was in 2007.

My friend bought a 2016 Lancer too. It was exactly the same as my 2008 Lancer, except I had a sound package, sunroof, alloy wheels, spoiler, and I paid a little less than half of what he did. Paid double for a worse car.

You should have at least gotten a version with the 2.4L and AWD, since at least Mitsu's competent AWD system would set it apart from other ecoboxes in a meaningful way.

A Civic, Mazda 3, Golf, or Focus all would have been vastly better options.

I also forgot the part where you exchanged an FR-S for this. Considering the FR-S is vastly superior, I'd say this was the fuck up of the century.

I have a 4k project budget at the moment but nowhere to build anything.

Couldn't afford any more than that without raising my payments to an uncomfortable level

You already proved you have bad judgement by throwing money at an FRS in the first place you're pretty much a lost cause.

I'm honestly just trying to find a car I enjoy having . I had a 96 mustang after highschool that I lived, even thought it was shot. Now without it I'm just not satisfied with cars

Holy crap am I bad at spelling

A Ford Focus SE would be just as cheap considering they have employee pricing and 0% APR deals on right now. Not to mention it would be *vastly* better.

But whatever. Do you like your Lancer? That's really all that matters, even if everyone here disagrees.

Did you buy the 2.4L manual? Because if you didnt you fuck up big time. CVT is horrendous and slow as fuck.

I don't really like the Focus, it's just not the car for me. And yes, I like to so far, it's my first standard transmission car. So it's a totally different driving experience

2.0L standard. So is that only a half fuck up then?

At least Mitsu can still make a good manual.

Wait, did you buy an automatic FR-S?

I did. I rushed in to bring a new car after I got a real job that could afford one. The FRS was the first nice car I saw so o ran with it. Yes I'm young, yes I'm naive and stupid

you aren't a fuck up for getting rid of the FR-S. But you are an enormous fuck up for buying what may literally be the worst car on sale today. what the fucking fuck is wrong with you. I'm completely serious. Have you ever heard of cross-shopping? Focus, Civic, Mazda3, Cruze, Elantra, Forte, even Corolla would have been better. Does the dealer you bought it from have the two day money back guarantee shit? Probably not or they'd never sell a single POS mitsubishi

Could be worse. It's the same car it was several years ago, which is a positive if you prefer hydraulic steering over electronic. Also means you could've bought a 2009 model and it'd be exactly the same as far as features go.

Mileage isn't great, 5spd manual transmission is bulletproof, will make Americans sperg out hard for some reason.

ok so what were some positives of the FRS then?
What do you like about the lancer?

You'll find the perfect daily car one day senpai

puts out a little more torque but has a shitty power curve. you have a slow car

And as an owner of a 2009 Lancer (also 5spd 2.0L), don't bother trying to make it faster. My dad threw a magnaflow exhaust + K&N on my Lancer while I was away for 3 months because he has more money than sense, and it didn't feel any faster, just more droney on the highway.

let me guess.....73000000watt sound system?

730W Rocksford Fosgate sound system, yes. It was pretty fucking awesome, I just wish the Eurobeat would have made my car faster.

I already knew. You mention it in every mitsu or lancer thread.

a better exhaust and a pod filter won't do shit to your engines power output. the only way to make a lancer faster in a meaningful way is to make it lighter or go forced induction

at least you accepted the fact that you're a cuck.

Also, did you see this?
youtube.com/watch?v=hKU6oojiWM4

yeah, that's called a Lancer evolution.

yeah no shit

CVT is the auto transmission

It's the same model from 2007

you literally just bought a 2007 car "new" in 2016

you've turned one mistake into a bigger mistake. Just buy a fucking v6 accord or something

hahahahahahhahahahahahaha

I have no advice. You are are lost cause.

lancer is still a great looking car. i think mitsubishi should just deck all the exterior lights out with led. full led headlamps, led tails, and a infotainment center that belongs in a luxury car

yeah but that would then imply there was something more interesting than the most basic econobox under the hood

some people just want a car for a good price that looks good, has nice things, and does what a car should do which is get from point a to b

Yeah I get that but I was thinking because OP asked if he made a mistake on a board for motoring enthusiasts that his investment in his vehicle went a little farther than from A to B

lol i just assumed Mitsubishi was dead.. I had no idea they still made the lancer.

They are dead, have been for a long time

Don't the new lancers only come in auto?

I have an 2012 SE AWD with the 2.4L

Gets gud gas mileage.

Paid 8500 with 36k miles

no ragrats

My only complaint is where they put the rocker switches for the seat warmers, almost under the armrest completely out of sight. Hard to see up until you remember which switch is which and can just do it by memory.

>a 2016 Lancer SE
How does Mitsubishi find enough retards to buy their shit to make it worth producing it?

This looks like the Camaro shop. Those wheels are comically tiny.

16's. Pretty average.....

its sold in developing countries where its considered a "gud car"

was buying a FWD part of your plan?

I can't understand why someone would buy a Mitsubishi car.

This was a good idea. Lancer is better at literally everything and isn't a tryhard boiracer

Are you Filipino?

Of course! I had to figure out what the worst drivetrain was

>on a board for motoring enthusiasts
Enthusiasts without cars.

Bamp

The Lancer is good.
>170hp
>160ft-lb torque
>awd (you better have got awd)
>2700lbs
>4g69 (block from the glorious 4g63, modern top end with MIVEC lift and timing)
Very good car op.

Lancers don't use 4G6 engines anymore. It's the 2.0l 4B11(T) or the 2.4l 4B12.

but wai
Wai didn't you get an evo

This. Mitsubishi are basically on life support fooling people into thinking they still created interesting vehicles.

I had this issue too the trick is to roll out of the car hun

You gotta lean out the door as if your falling

If you attempt to squat and lift yourself out you WILL throw out your back

My ex bf had to really help me get out of his frs many a time

>elantra
>forte
Whoa whoa, lets not get korean crap in here. They are garbage physically and spiritually

What matters is how YOU feel about it.

What'd you get for your FR-S anyway? Miles? Trade in or private sale? Thinking about selling mine next year and going back to DD'ing my CRX.

top kek traded in one cuck mobile for another cuck mobile kill yourself you literal faggot

So you went from an automatic FR-S that gave you back pains to a manual Lancer?

Looks like you did the right thing.

>tfw no more turbos in any north american mitsu

user I....