It should be a requirement to own a car to post on Veeky Forums

Discuss

Then why are you posting

You got me there, user

And I do.

That's a truck

It's an automobile. What's your point?

I don't believe so. You could argue that it might cut down on uninformed opinions, but in my experience, ownership of a hobby item does not mean knowledge of such item. In some cases it just makes the problem worse because the owner is willing to praise and support his item under any circumstance. This is a problem on /k/ and in the gun world. Nobody wants to admit that their gun isn't as good as another, so they spout bullshit and memes to make what they've got look better. And the problem increases as the price of the item increases. If it happens a lot in the world of $500-$1000 guns, you bet it's a problem with $20,000 to $100,000+ cars.

And I think it's bullshit to bar someone who is interested in a hobby from participating just because they don't own the hobby item. Especially with cars, because they are rather pricey. If there are car owners who are not car enthusiasts, there can be car enthusiasts who are not car owners. And turning someone away who is interested in participating in automotive hobby just because they don't have a car is a good way to turn them off for good. Not that there is really a lot of worth while car enthusiast discussion on here, but the point still stands.

Bad parking/10

I don't own a car, but that doesn't mean I don't know shit about cars.

>posts meme: the car

I honestly don't understand why busriders post on Veeky Forums. I would expect they were car fans at least looking to learn but that doesn't seem the case.

What if you own a motorcycle?
What if you own a semi?

t. Ford sedan

*cars
No car enthusiast of hobbyist has only one

There should be no requirements to post on Veeky Forums whatsoever.

op said car

OP is a faggot though.

Anybody caught talking about video games deserves a permanent ban from Veeky Forums. Video games attract autism, benchracers and general shitposting.

Welp, you just talked about video games.

See... This is what video games do to your brain, kids.

rate my car bois.

Does leasing count as ownership?
Because I don't think it should.

And how much of your car should you have to own? I'm still paying mine off.

>No car enthusiast of hobbyist has only one
I don't have the money to pay taxes and insurance for a 2nd car, let alone a place to park it, except in front of the house, but no thanks.

Obsolete under-armoured underpowered deathtrap/10.

Most of /ovg/ owns cars while the rest of Veeky Forums is just Radical shilling and Ecoboostposting

>Alphonse is the rest of Veeky Forums
Seems about right.

Pretty much this.

might as well make knowing how to drive stick a requirement

Here's an idea: Stop being poor

I agree.

Another way to cut down on uninformed opinions would be to make it a rule on the main sticky that you are not to shitpost or provide misinformation on informative threads. Which I believe this is the ultimate goal to this topic.

/thread

Hello newfriend

>make it a rule on the main sticky that you are not to shitpost or provide misinformation on informative threads
Like that would stop people from shitposting

even better