As much as I want to get a miata or some other cheap sports car to mess around in...

As much as I want to get a miata or some other cheap sports car to mess around in, Im being responsible and buying a commuter car as I plan on moving to california sometime next year. I live in Connecticut and want to check this car out in Jersey.

Now normally Im not one to buy a car from a used car dealership so what should I look out for or should I not even bother.

>2004 Honda Accord EX
>5 speed
>clean interior and exterior
>200k miles

usedcarsjersey.com/2004-Honda-Accord-EX-New-Jersey-07036/5963657

newyork.craigslist.org/stn/ctd/5733502880.html

yelp review of the place: yelp.com/biz/richmond-enterprises-linden-2

Other urls found in this thread:

newyork.craigslist.org/fct/cto/5758833113.html
hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/5760117880.html
newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5746780648.html
newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5752987088.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it just looks so horribly soulless

Don't bother with a dealer, buy private party.

Go for a Camry over an accord, or do you really want a manual?

In that case buy a Prelude or Celica

wait...they actually make cars auto only?
americucks?

I want a manual.

and I dont like the look of the camry or celica.

maybe a prelude but i dont know much about that i suppose i could do a bit of research.

Preludes are mechanically pretty similar to Accords, but with sportier suspension and (subjectively) better looks.

also whats wrong with the accord?

but i said Im trying to be responsible and get a commuter car. the accord has 4 doors and probably is way more reliable then the prelude

Reliability between the two is pretty similar (because they're mechanically similar, sharing engines and gearboxes and such).

They're much more ricer bait than an Accord though, so that's something you might have to deal with.

That's great news, I love reading about people's personal rationale.

How about the Honda CRV. I have been looking at those as well. Do you know anything about these suckers?

newyork.craigslist.org/fct/cto/5758833113.html
hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/5760117880.html
newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5746780648.html
newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5752987088.html

yeah ive been looking at buying another E30 or Miata and Im thinking wait "if i were to move to California, would it make the entire trip? would it be comfy?" Yeah theres a possibility it would but id rather not gamble with that. So im just going to get a commuter car with a manual transmission to keep me busy.

The CR-V is Civic-related, so reliability should be similar to that.

do it

if you're going to buy a crv get the RD& body (second gen) as much as i love the RD1 id prefer not having a timing belt. buy a second gen crv with real time 4WD and 5 speed. it has the god series k series engine in it. and a timing chain.

And K24 hybrid it with a K20A2 head

Jersey cars have worse suspension wear than other cars due to our shit roads.

Ayy at least it has a k24 in it, once you get bored of being a FWD cuck you can take that motor out and put it in a Miata.

Switching to my CM5 from my CB7 felt like losing all of your senses; I could hardly feel any bump on the road, during my first days driving it.

I've gotten so used to it, I can feel most of the bumps, now, although not as harsh.

ok thanks for the info

Looks like pic related is sold according to the website. Did you buy it OP? Really clean for 200,000 miles.

Make sure it's not using the same engine block as the 2006 civic, known defect of engine blocks cracking open. Also fucking timing belts seriously. Look for a toyota, they've been using timing chains since forever.