Is Initial D's portrayal of street racing realistic, physics aside?

Is Initial D's portrayal of street racing realistic, physics aside?

>spectators lining the railings
>guards who watch for traffic
>traffic never showing up
>police never getting involved
>racing to settle scores and other drama
>street racers being pro-level drivers

Doesn't seem realistic to me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a0Msp_XIcOg
youtube.com/watch?v=ELJW-Bsrnmk
youtube.com/watch?v=-mqXXqB7SBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DrxJCOVsV1E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Doesn't seem realistic to me

You're a fucking genius.

I think its a pretty accurate reflection of street racing in Japan in the 90s before the police cracked down on it.

DOCTA DOCTA LOVE

Why wasn't this on the show? They could of used it's heavy weight and laundry list of features as plot devices.

basically its sorta right but heavily exaggerated

>small group of cars following in tandem hitting the same section over and over
>maybe a dozen spectators sitting by their cars talking and shit
that was pretty much it

A question I have is why wasn't the AW11 ever in the show? It would have made for the perfect final race, Instead of the 86 vs 86 that we got.

>could of
>of
I hope your driving is better than your grasp of the English language. Then we wonder why people from other countries not only speak English better than us, but can speak more than one language

youtube.com/watch?v=a0Msp_XIcOg

youtube.com/watch?v=ELJW-Bsrnmk

youtube.com/watch?v=-mqXXqB7SBQ

youtube.com/watch?v=DrxJCOVsV1E

theres such thing as youtube you retard

literally 90s japanese touge racing you anime loving retard

>weeb cartoon
In the trash it goes

keiichi tsuchiya (the drift king you retard) literally was a street racer who climbed the ranks to the pro level

he was suspended for a year or two for street racing

>It would have made for the perfect final race

It really would have. 86 4AGE FR v 86 4AGE MR

>"Listen Takumi, this is the toughest guy we've been up against yet."
>Dagumi about to lose to GTO
>GTO goes over a branch, takes out transfer case, oil pan, and the electronics shit themselves right before the finish line
>Gaysuke beats the uphill dude in a Z32 300ZX

Would you watch a successor to the original show about a cocky ass nigga MC (think Shingo but not as malicious) who drives a first gen MR2 but actually has the ability to lose but gets ridiculously fast near the end?

No, but I'd definitely watch a spin-off about Shingo moving to the States to study with his illegally imported RHD JDM-tyte EG6 and delivering pizzas, chilling with the JDM-tyte crew and trying to get laid.

this

I'd like to see a main character that wasn't "LOL TAKUMI WINS" because even when he was about to lose he'd be saved by plot armor (think Godhand)

I know he """lost""" to Sudo's Evo III on a technicality but they played it off like it wasn't a loss at all.

Road drifting in Japan is a very closed loop thing, people head way into the hills and actually do it properly. The reason you don't see millions of cool swag youtube videos is that the Japanese aren't doing it for attention, they do it for the love of it and for fun, and they don't want attention.

It's not quarter mile street light racing bro spec, it's considered an art in Japan, and you won't see shit unless you go there and can actually manage to get in with people that do it, if you don't speak Japanese, the best you can hope to see is track stuff.

yes it exists, it happens all the time, but they don't want youtube fame for it.

youre dumb. theres literally thousands of videos on youtube of nips doing skids. a massive topic in magazines back then, vhs tapes galore. hell, even tsuchiya made a movie of him drifting the touge and got in trouble from police for it. the japanese are more public about it than any western nation. keep the foot out of your mouth.

>Doesn't seem realistic to me
wew lads

see and this: youtube.com/watch?v=DrxJCOVsV1E

initial D irl m8

fucking weebs in this thread

>complaining about weebs
>on an Indonesian exotic pet forums
shiggy doo

Nigga im typing on my phone while at work what do you expect goddamn

>what do you expect goddamn
Time for you to stop posting

No need for butthurt

IIRC correctly street racing in the 90s was viewed as more of an adult hobby and the cops tended not to bother as much as long as they weren't hurting anybody. If you think about it, a lot of characters in Initial D commented on how young Takumi was.

lol get a load of this weeb

I don't get this.

I've tried handbrake drift my Honda, but the rear wheels doesn't lock.

Fucki you, Inishuu D!

Adjust your parking brake.

Shingo probably had modified his car with a stiffer rear swaybar as well as a hydraulic handbrake.