What are some useful electronic accessories for the car?

What are some useful electronic accessories for the car?

>bluetooth stereo
>sound system
>radar detector
>thats it

Personally

>Remote start (fuck Texas heat)
>WAZE
>Electric seating, heated/cooled seats
>Phone connectivity for music and maps
>Radar detector

Other than that, can't think of much.

>Remote start (fuck Texas heat)
Admitting that you're an autocuck

OUT OUT OUT

Are radar detectors only good for speeding or do they serve another purpose?

I drive both.

My evo V has remote start and its a manual

you fucking retard

I think reverse sensors are breddy good only for the fact to alert you if a kid sneaks in behind.

>Other than that, can't think of much.
you forgot the fucking CB radio. If anything has taught us how useful those are, it's Smokey and the Bandit.

Everything above +
Reverse cam/sensors

Remote starts come with a way to bypass the clutch safety you tard

I love lock/unlock buttons on the door handles

There are remote start systems for manuals, been looking at getting the Viper system for my Mustang. The process for using it is something like
>park vehicle
>leave engine running
>transmission in neutral
>set parking brake
>arm system
>get out of car with engine running
>shut door
>system rolls windows up if they are down
>locks doors
>shuts the engine off
This way if you then use the remote start later on, it knows that the vehicle can safely start because it was in neutral with the parking brake set and the doors locked while it was in that configuration.

>admitting that you don't have your clutch interlock disabled

OUT OUT OUT

Wish I had this. I have too many scratches around my door locks due to this shit.

Radar detector.... Fucking old school, you're better off with laser jammers. When laser jammers go off I know there's a cop, when radar detector goes off could be half of anything.

Lemme see your V.

bump for justice

You really need both ideally. LIDAR jammers only protect you if a cop is shooting LIDAR. Doesn't help you with radar at all. Besides it's not hard to tell a real radar hit from a false. Ka-band is real 99% of the time. X-band is almost never real unless you live in New Jersey or Oregon and even then it's usually a false. K-band is the only tricky one since it falses for automatic doors and more and more for blind spot monitoring systems in newer cars. I usually find frequencies around 24.150GHz and 24.180GHz are more likely to be cops as I think those are the frequencies the Kustom Eagle and the Bee III K-band models tend to run at but it's not a guarantee.

Radios

>leave car in 1st gear
>try and use autostart
>crush toddler between your car and the one in front if it

Alternator

dash cam

I know about lidar and the radar ranges, it's just I've never encountered a cop on side of road using radar around here, it's always been lidar. Even out when I was in Hawaii my radar jammer goes off a few times and sure enough I see one on side of road trying to get his quota up.

Mine went out not long ago. Can confirm they're pretty important.

In my car

>TPMS system
>radar detector
>phone charger
>GPS
>dash cam
>power inverter/jump pack

>Sound system
>iPad for music and Waze
>Radar

thats it

>theres a cop

I'd be happy if cops would do the radaring here.
We only have hidden radar traps here. Its impossible to know where they are first time

coffee makers

Shame it's not a V8 m8

ECU
Power Steering
Sound System

I hate any unnecessary electronic device in my car. They're just one more thing to break, and when they do, it's more of a hassle to fix it. But I wouldn't mind a remote starter for those -40 F days.

>leave car in 1st gear
only people who do this are niggers or dumbasses who are used to automatics.

Putting a car in a high gear (1st or reverse) with the handbrake applied is proper parking you moron.

>remote start
H-town here

roll down all your windows as soon as you get in the car and you'll lose 20 degrees immediately, once the temperature inside the car is the same as the temperature OUTSIDE the car you're golden.

Those are the most useless, annoying and distracting pieces of shit the human being has ever put in a car. Just put a fucking camera instead of that sensor garbage.

It isn't unless you live in a zone that doesn't have a flat terrain. Handbrake is enough.

Auxiliary high-beams

>not using your parking brake when parking a manual car

I put it in 1st/reverse too depending on which way the incline is, but the parking brake always comes up first

I have 2 hella 450s on the front bumper which were a bear to mount but easy to wire. I assumed that my car's bumper was a bar covered with plastic that I could just drill through to mount the lights. Much to my dismay, I have a solid aluminum box across the front of the car that is too thick to reach through with a bolt. I had to drill holes into the bumper and tap them, then thread the bolts into the metal of the bumper to mount the lights. I also added a USB port in the arm rest compartment

This. I blast the ac and roll down the windows as soon as i start the car within seconds of driving the interior is decent enough to roll the windows back up

Got any pictures of the lights mounted?

>not just upgrading the head unit

I could use that money for maintenance, nigger.

>cheaping out

nigger

Will post later, pic related was my inspiration. I like the rectangular look better than the round ones, although I think either would look ok. They're bright enough, nice and yellow which is what I wanted. once I got them aimed they cast a nice solid bar down at the road, so I can see when I'm driving in snow
>Tfw new England user and car is slowly rotting away

>wanting to lose a cassette deck
>not just using your home tape deck to put eurobeats on cassette

>not wanting to have the possibility to play CD's
>not just moving the eurobeat to your cellular telephone and plugging it into the head unit
>not just get a walkman to plug into the headunit if you still want to use casettes

>buying aftermarket head units, speakers and rimz
>no money for oil changes

Who did I just describe?

>radar detectors
What's the use?
What are good models?