>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webms
>Motorcycle Memes & Banter

/dbt/ map: drink, fight, fuck
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator: will I look cool on it?
>cycle-ergo.com/

Sticky:
→ → →

Boring webums with sounds:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zl9X-qJdqNE
youtu.be/UEC-AanEl5Q
youtu.be/yLQLG_toQhw
youtu.be/hvOYLLlUix8
youtu.be/fmmrqbKB-Yc
youtu.be/xZAAlXXGtMI
youtu.be/0nJjXuuvUkA
bikeexif.com/r100-cafe-racer-bmw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

truuuu

Splitting up with my gf of 8 years so now I can ride whenever I want!! :D

install a pocket pussy in your seat

>420hp
DUDE WEED LMAO

I bought two different tires of the same brand

How fucked am I?

reminder that honda a shit

*gets on knee
will you be the wr to my user

Fucking Michigan raping my wallet for insurance

What's with the weird thransmission though?

wut dirtbike iz gud

none of dem
all dirtbikes r gr8

even the chinese

Spotted at Austin GP '16 in the parking lot

is that the bike from the OP?

What brand torque wrench should I get?
I'm thinking of going to Harbor Freight since there's a huge sale.

The OP bike is a rendering of a second generation MTT turbine bike that never went into production. The yellow bike is the original model from 15 years ago

Anyway how about some jewtube for a change
youtu.be/zl9X-qJdqNE
14 mins in

youtu.be/UEC-AanEl5Q
8:50 but the whole video is comedy gold

youtu.be/yLQLG_toQhw
youtu.be/hvOYLLlUix8

youtu.be/fmmrqbKB-Yc

youtu.be/xZAAlXXGtMI
Not a bike fucking up for once

youtu.be/0nJjXuuvUkA
Good ragdoll physics

how damn loud is that thing with a turbine engine?

the police can't chase motorcycle because if they do and that guy they chase crash (even if that not the cops fault) niggers riot

Turbines don't really seem to be deafening to me even though the decibel level is probably very high. I saw a jet boat with 3 Lycomings that blew this thing away for volume though. More important is the exhaust flow. I think it was Jay Leno that talked about melting the bumpers of cars behind him at stop lights

I suppose the good part is that that bike probably will never be riding through heavy traffic, would probably roast the rider

It's still drizzling and raining on and off(VA)...should I still check out bikes from Craigslist?

I got an hour before the bank closes, so I dunno.. Take a chance or wait till it's nicer out and get it?

Halo?

Idk I'm playing lumines. It's max comfy

>Those fucking brakes

Did you mean "those fucking chicken strips"

>youtu.be/UEC-AanEl5Q
>8:50 but the whole video is comedy gold

Every. Single. Corner.

I was so relieved when he finally crashed.

Do you fgts ride in the rain? I can afford a beat miata or a used bike, but I'm wondering about rain. (I live in socal tho)
Pls help :/ need something that'll get me through 2 years of grad school cheaply.

Yes, if I didn't I wouldn't be able to ride 50% of the time

Riding in the rain is fine as long as you have decent waterproof gear. IMO riding in the rain is one of the most comfy things.

1.) gud tires
2.) gud clothes
3.) 250 desu because they're easier to handle in the rain. Or a 600 with traction control

What the fuck. I'm getting anxious about calling the owner.

I just have to hit dial and ask if it's still for sale

>250 desu because they're easier to handle in the rain. Or a 600 with traction control
No throttle control detected

Nigga didn't answer..

Help me, I'm lusting over a bandit 1200s as my next bike
>air cooled
>immense torque
>simple to work on
>half fairing still comfy for touring
>add scottoiler
>add gold valves
>add hard bags
>enjoy bombproof everything bike for cheap

>tfw new tires
They are much better than the old ones
I also readjusted the steering bearing, it was a bit loose

is that a suzuki gz in the background?

Yeah exactly. A noob won't have any throttle control unless they rode dirtbikes as a kid but even then they might have forgotten it since

yes

nice, i got a 125. good bike, just a tad slow.

I want to lower my front end, i've heard it makes the steering better, how would i go about doing so without proper tools?

nice
I had one too before the R65. I liked it too, although it was quite slow, yes.
Then I had a crash with it and didn't ride it since then, but it's still laying around here in parts.

Getting proper gear and itlll keep most of the rain out.

I don't do it willing but on the way home Ill occassionally get stuck in a rainstorm.

Damn didn't see the new thread
Taught my dad how to ride my fz07 today. I was sweating bullets at first and kept hammering on the importance of throttle control on something torquey like this, and luckily he did just fine. I don't know what I would have done if he crashed, but at least now he understands that non-Harley's can be comfy, too.
I've been talking to him about similarly-powered adventurey bikes like the Versys, Vstrom or NC700, what does dbt recommend?

>youtu.be/UEC-AanEl5Q
>8:50 but the whole video is comedy gold
Holy shit how bad can a person be at riding.
Looks to me like he tried to do the opposite of countersteering. Also early apex all the time.
Also he probably held up the Harleys worse than they would have done to him.

>windowlicking at local shop
>ask a bunch of questions
>interested in new bars n' shit
>staff girl thinks the shivvy is an enduro
That's it, i ain't financing this heresy anymore

> handlebars
We cafe racer nao

The versys is going to be the sportiest. It outhandles most bikes in the real world.

it's finally over

Sv650

>selling to a squid

Yeah, I'm going full coffee racer, it just looks better
Gonna wrap up my exhausts too and chop the rear off
I already bought a open face helmet too

If you're considering the NC make him try one of these
Top tier comfy
Looks are kinda hit or miss, i love it

yeah but cash

>last time on All My Motorcycles
>left keys in my nighthawk, killed the battery dead
>dumped it trying to bumpstart it (first bike drop ever!!!)
>checked online, battery was $25
>looked for a local dealer, they also had a CB500F I wanted to look at
>go there to look at the bike and buy a battery
>place was run-down and disgusting
>parts section was empty and dishevelled
>they were selling the battery for $125
>fuck that, go home
>bike stalled at a 4 lane intersection as the light turned green
>had to retard-walk the bike to the curb, for shame
the CB500F was hot as fuck though

why do dealerships vary in quality so much and how do the shitty ones stay open

guy didnt call back and now i cant pull cash out
for this seller in particular. oh well ive found another sv650 come up just now

If you chop off the exhausts that's not "cafe" but faggotry. R 65s are excellent machines, and I suggest you find some attractive and less restrictive silencers and hang the stocker on the wall for future resale.

You'll get better flow than the stuffy stockers. Your carbs are easy to tune and you can probably find the right jetting on BMW forums.

Treat it right and that Airhead will outlive you.

Alternate option, get a two into one. Separate pipes with no crossover will lose you the midrange torque you presumably like.

Wrapped pipes are the modern equivalent of BBQ black paint for fucked headers. Fine if you are just going to finish off an old rusting stock system (paint before wrapping anyway) but don't do it if you get a new exhaust unless you like cracked pipes.

Consider reverse cone silencers with removable baffles which you can trim or pack to give the sound you like.

This guy did a cocktail shaker but his pipes are interesting. Cocktail shakers are chopper stuff but whatever.

About time you grew up, now you are finally a part of the mature cafe racer bike rider crowd and left behind the immature shitty sportsbike rider plebs.

Trolly, got any good pics of your R 65 exhaust for that R 65 user ITT?

GOOD EVENING PHAMALAMS

Got some boring toogay webms that' I'll cook for the next hour or so before heading out.

>doing 140km/h in straights between corners
>shifting 1k into redline
>gopro makes it look like we're going on a 60km/h stroll

Tiny turbines are pretty simple and can be had from a variety of sources. Aircraft ground support equipment turbine generators are worth a look if you feel like rolling your own.

I check out bikes in the rain. A bargain is a bargain and rain chases away the pussies.

What whould you recomend for a first bike between:
- a honda rebel 250
- a yamaha dragstar 125
- a yamaha virago 250
(I personally preffer the honda but i want your opinion)

>I want to lower my front end, i've heard it makes the steering better, how would i go about doing so without proper tools?

Loses ground clearance and may make steering twitchy. Depends on bike tho.

Buy tools before ya fuck around with shit. Need not be expensive.

Hey dudes, doing a thread repair on an old cross threaded spark plug hole, and needed some advice
I've got this kit here, looked it up and the diameter listed for ngk D plugs was 12mm, however the new threads here seem to fit a little loose when I dry fit them to the sparkplug
Is that something to worry about or will the new threads crush inwards a bit when I insert them into the new spark plug hole I drill?

By that i mean i don't have bike stands or jacks, i have a garage full of spanners 'n shit
It's just that fucking about with suspension makes me fidgety

>sportsbike rider plebs.
Yeah I hate those faggots
They look like power rangers with their weird costumes, LOL

>Your carbs are easy to tune and you can probably find the right jetting on BMW forums.
What's a "jet"?
Actually I don't care. I'll shorten the mufflers a bit, should be ok. My plan was shortening one muffler, and then making a selfmade "2 into 1" adapter for my exhaust manifold. I already bought a welder.
And the rear frame has to go too, obviously. I think it looks so much better when I can see the whole tire!

Helicoils are always slack like that. Once it's installed into the correctly drilled and tapped hole it'll fit perfectly.

Thanks man, was a little worried about that

My redline begins at 14k and I'm pretty much shifting from second to third at 15k all the time and meanwhile my buddy is like in fourth gear giving absolutely no fucks to catch up.

>That leaning pass at 0:01
hnng more pls

Sounds sick brah, go for it!
BTW is your beard coming along nicely? People have to be able to tell you're a mature rider even without your motorcycle.

I'm glad you like them m80. I still have a few more left to cook.

This is where everybody hangs and definitely the corner to show off.

It can be a bit spoopy downhill sometimes depending on your tires.

That's a damn good lean the guy had. What bike do you have, a buell? I don't recognize it.

did someone say chopped subframe and homemade 2-1 exhaust r65 gaffe racer? thats my specialty

You made that 2>1?
Wow, looks nice. Can't wait to see the headers blued a bit.

What speed were you going?
You seem awfully slow, yet he's scraping

Hack away then. Make some test welds on scrap like whatever you cut off to set your welding machine correctly. Destroys resale value if a butcher job but R65 aren't collectible so ya may as well slay it. Everyone should hack up at least one expendable bike for the experience. Mufflers don't "shorten" well but whatever. Best way to cut them neatly is a wrap of tape around circumference as a cutting guide. Wrap will hide fugly welds. Ebay your intact leftovers for profit.

Mufflers are cheap as fuck off Craigslist if you want the easy way to not look like ass. Lots of Jap bike and other leftovers.

Seat pans are easy as fuck and cheap to upholster. Take whatever pan you fab to auto upholstery shop. They can contour anything you like given decent pics. Stock pan is shaped badly for pseudo-cafe mods. (I owned two R 65s)

Nice job of typical hipster "cafe" racer but with shit tires:

bikeexif.com/r100-cafe-racer-bmw

One easily reversible way if your top triple clamps allow it is moving the fork tubes upward desired distance.

Shit way is cutting fork springs with a zip disc.

It's wildly unlikely to pay off. What is your specific goal with the mod and what bike do you have?

You can lift some motorcycles with a common automobile floor jack placed carefully but that depends on what the bottom of your machine looks like.

If you have an engine hoist AKA "cherry picker" they work well for lifting using a soft sling.

Unless a mod specifically addresses a known problem it's usually best to avoid it.

>Carbs funked up from not riding in 3 month
>Cant hold an idle at where it was before
>Just ride with choke and the idle adjustment screw for higher idle
>Bike sounds 100x better
hmmm

Bump

Need to know if I fucked up

It's been on there for about 4 years, it wasn't polished well enough and I never clean it so it doesn't stay bright

That's why I suggested you help save user from the usual retard "cafe" mutilation so he can get a much more enjoyable result than the typical mongtastic Sawzall party.

Nice pipe. I saw yer Youtube video and knew you posted here.

Very nice work.

That's a 1995 CBR600, the F3 model (95-98). Only mod is a 120/70 front.

I'm the guy in front. The guy filming is my buddy. We take this corner uphill at about 80km/h give or take. Downhill I'd say 70km/h. maybe? Gopro slows everything down, there's a section later down the footage where I'm with my rear dancing all over the place before a corner and I bet it'll look slow as fuck.

RIP in peace some fancy BMW.

You can shorten an r65 seat but you have to get super creative. Mine isn't really secured well, I might have it wired down right now. Bolts would help

That is how to shorten a rear subframe.

I knew I summoned the right trollfucker. Now user has something intelligent to copy.

90% of the people here run completely different tyres front to back
The remainder are the rich fucks who can afford a whole train

I don't want to lower my bike per se
I want to slide up the forks to tighten the rake

welp, meant to quote The problem with these roads is that you have

>cyclists on the inside
>novice riders often invading your lane on the outside
>at least one crash per weekend
>most corners blind

So you gotta dial down how much of a retard you can be on most places really.

the best mod you can do for the money without any fabrication capability is pull out that inner fender and attach the lights and plate to the rear frame loop. i just repurposed the existing parts and didnt make anything, except i cut up a plastic trash bin to make a replacement inner fender to prevent road debris in the battery and electricals. it all lasted for 4 years pretty well.

Looks good, trolly.

>CBR600
Nice.
Pretty quick clip there imo. That lean, whoo.
After 5 years, you sure made that bike look good. I dig the newer paint job on it.

Here, this is where I got the 80km/h estimate from.

Thanks pham.

This is one of my favourite corners in the mountain.

>dat dangle
wew

I dig it.

>tfw torn between masturbating and watching a movie

Both at the same time.

I'm a fat ass 6'4" 300lbs... Does that mean I have to ride a Harley?

you have a gift lad

can't wait for the end of the season. i have a cool rear axle project planned. lightech axle adjusters, with a billet rear caliper bracket holding a light brembo caliper. bolt them together so they slide back and forth but dont fall apart when the rear wheel is removed. then make an axle with a pull cup that threads into the right side adjuster, so theres no nut to safety wire and hold in place. 30 second rear wheel changes. same as the endurance racers use, with the added bonus of the light weight caliper setup

Yes

Wait let me see if I got the technicalese right — so when you remove the rear wheel, the rear calliper doesn't stay hanging like a bitch fucking up your entire wheel removal/assembly process? I swear to god I've spent a good 20 minutes more than once putting real wheels back in place while cursing everything that exists.

Also figured I'd post an extended one. Some guys gets sloppy with their inside lines on fast corners, so you need to be careful. These two spooked me out. This looks slow as shit, yet I was full wot in second gear nearly all the time.