>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webms
>Motorcycle Memes & Banter

/dbt/ map: drink, fight, fuck
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator: will I look cool on it?
>cycle-ergo.com/

Sticky:
→ → →→

Boring webums with sounds:
Old Thread:

Watch this.

Is this the anime thread?

neat

r8 me d/b/t

Yes.

Post your shit strips

Sorry I have no up to date picture.

Stop seeking validation. You look like a faggot with those neons and that crest.

I thought we all ride for validation and attention?

You thought wrong, some of us ride because they watched anime with bikes and cute grills.

If I see you on the island I'm gonna run you right the fuck down homo

I ride because it's cheaper and quicker.
Also more fun.
The attention is a nice addition though.

TAAAAKE
OOOON
MEEEE!

faggy mowhawk/10

Nice

There's too many drivers that will target you. Around here, drivers are known to wait until a good moment. Then they get along side you and pace you off into the off ramp obstacle.

my most recent picture, you can kinda see them

Not even a weeb but this makes my cock tingle

I know like 5 corners in my region.

I was about to complain about his lack of lean, but it turned out pretty neat.

Hey guys, just became hasbike the other day. Looking at getting insured/registered.
Do you guys who live farther north like me drop your insurance during the winter so you don't have to pay it for a few months?
What do you guys think of this practice and should I consider doing it?

>tfw only twisties are highway interchanges
sucks tbqh sempachi

Adding a handful of LED strips just looks shit. If you're going to go neon, you have to go FULL NEON.

Ey, my roommates bike

am i do good papa?

Why the multiple threads?
Again?

that one user wants to kill dbt and is slowly succeeding by making everyone stop coming here

Where are the car autists

Can anyone redpill me on Gilera GP 800 and Aprilia 850. Had no clue there was 800cc scooter. Im not really into bikes but this thing is insane. Will i die if i get one?

Scooters trade all manouverability and sportyness for comfy

As a tall dude the scooter position kills my back and numbs my legs, but i guess some people like it...

A big scooter will be somewhat unwieldy if you ever plan to filter or go hektik

The CVT transmission is shit and if you try to do any long distance touring it'l be painfully noisy

Personally the thing that i can't stand in most scooters is that your legs are useless, you can't grip to anything and all the weight is under your butt

That said there are some interesting hybrids in the forma of automatic bikes

The Aprilia mana 850 is a bike frame with a big ass CVT, it has a storage compartment in place of the tank and a smaller one under the seat (like all bikes, much smaller than a scooter's)

Honda has built an entire line off of the integra base, torquey engine, but low redline (the diesel of the 2 wheeled world) it even has very good mileage:

NC700/750 is either a fat naked or a adventury roadbike, same deal with the frunk

Integra 700/750/1200 a big scooter
The bigger one is based on the VFR1200 base

NM4 Vultus, the akira bike

There also are the VFR 1200 and Africa Twin that come in automatic, though they were undersold (stupid concepts, niche bikes for experts with retard tranny)

On one side honda uses DCT, which is somewhat better, but the Aprilia is very nice, especially for the sweet v2 motor
I have the manual cousin, the Shiver... Pic related

I'm sure there was an automatic BMW, but i think it died off

Also Kawasaki makes a 1300 scooter, if you really are turbogay

All in all you should've asked the /scoot/ general, but they all died

why do we have 2 threads?

You thought that was it?
Poor you

Now, i gave you reasons why i'd go for an auto bike, if you're that inept you can't figure out the simplest sequential in automotive history, BUT
should you be determined to get a scooter here are a couple of options

As you may have seen by literally poking your head out anywhere t-maxes are really popular
I dunno why, they're not that good, but they sell like hotcakes and have virtually infinite aftermarket

The absolute king of scooters is the Honda SH.
It's the blandest, most vannilla looking, uninspiring piece of crap, but is still the best sold bike world wide

I had one, the 125. It sucks, it has no power and lacks any interesting features, but is utterly bulletproof and you could rebuild one by picking random scraps at a (euro) junkyard

Aprilia and Piaggio scooters are some of the best
You'll surely know about the vespa, maybe a symbol, an i con of 90s rebellious teenagers.
Where i lived there used to be more speed shops for those than autos
Their performance market is mindblowing, especially since it's a pretty small engine and shitty frame
The good ones were manual, though

If you're in europe please don't be the next idiot who buys a big engined scooter and believes he's street rossi
You're not. We call those commuter heroes, the kind that looks at you, revs like a madman while trying to stop the bike with his feet and stares at you smugly as he putts off
Get a bike

If you're in America scooters are supposed to be super rare, you'll have to do the maintainance yourself and will probably have to order parts for mad cash
You're better off with a bike

Tl;dr
Lots of options and you chose all the gay ones

>covers front brake but not clutch
What did he mean by this?

>he can't clutchless
>>>/scoot/

VFR1200 DCT makes sense, the target demographic for that bike is the age people start getting lazy.

Yeah, no
The VFR has always been a very capable sport tourer
It retains the clipons from It's racing days and even the DCT one has such an aggressive pull no grampa would get one
It's not a bike that babies you
It's a stupidly fast and nimble cruise ship

Old people buy slushbox Corvettes, you don't understand.

tryhard/10

What's that sonny? I can't hear you back there.

Old people on bikes are there because thay've been there all their life
Not because they suddenly have free time and disposable income
And the midlife crysis bike is the BMW GS

I met this older guy cruising home on friday on one of these. didn't even recognize it was a goldwing until I saw the engine. Pretty cool pod guy he took his old bike in for service and saw this thing and then had to jokingly tell his wife that he bought a new bike. she apparently didn't find it as comfy. He'd been riding shit longer than I've been alive so, hey do what ya love

>Old people on bikes are there because thay've been there all their life
Yeah, and the DCT is there to try to keep them on a bike when they're tempted to just buy a convertible.

My dad always jokes that when he's old enough, he's gonna redline his bike over a cliff.

What a bawss.

I raced an old guy in a blue corvette on my 250 and won. When I tried to brofist him when he caught up at the light he was mad and said he would've went faster but "was too old"

My first race :D

>idiot who buys a big engined scooter and believes he's street rossi
> the kind that looks at you, revs like a madman while trying to stop the bike with his feet and stares at you smugly as he putts off
That is exacly wat im looking into lol.

When you see something like pic related you know its fast as fuck. Big scooter seems like ultimate sleeper. Few thousand euros for such fun machine sounds like a good deal.

I should add that Ive never driven bike in my life so 800 is probably overkill, but what with tmax and burgmans. I see they are very popular, and have less powerful engines.

forgot pic related

Why dont you just buy a harley ya fagget

Bout to get learned about riding lads

Just did the fist day of MSF using a Harley street 500 and I feel like I'm destined to be forever a cager... I keep having the bike die on me due to poor clutch control. Not really sure how I keep fucking up that one since I know in my head that it should be releasing slowly but the bike still keeps dying on me.

A lot of anons here keeps saying that your first bike will be dropped and I did just that but on the training bike like more than 5 times... The drop keeps on happening after I apply both breaks and a turn right after and also coming from a full stop then having to make a turn using the friction zone makes me drop the bike due to the feeling of weight coming from it.

Also did a fuck up from a full break by accidentally gassing up on the throttle. from the impact of breaking. Seems difficult to turn too and I keep making a much wider turns than what I wanted.

>motorcycle sleeper
please kill yourself

lol watch Bakuon maybe you'll learn from when they take their tests.

The VFR IS an old man bike, but it's the most acceptable old man bike

You might benefit from learning on a two-fiddy

what about pulling the front brake in while turning will pivot the motorcycle and cause you to drop the bike don't you understand?
if at low speed only use rear brake.

youll get the hang of it m8
if you dont make it in this msf go buy an xr100 or klx125 and go practice at home or wherever you have a little space.

Banks closed Sunday and Monday.

So what do if I can't withdraw cash and buy the bike from some stranger from Craigslist?

The dealer??

I was like that too, having never ridden a motorcycle before. You'll git gudder in time. Also harleys are shit, I used one once during classes and I had to ride the clutch for ever or it would stall.

wait until tuesday...? what?

You guys know you can redline a bike in 5th gear while doing 5km/h by feathering the clutch righ?
just don't drop the clutch.

Ask him to hold it until tues.

Why would you do that though?

In my MSF figure-8 that's what I did. Feathered the clutch and rev'd the shit out of the dual sport they gave me.
The instructors emphasized on how a bike's clutch is designed to be slipped and feathered. That's also how they got some of the newbies to understand.

>only one dbt autist near me
At least his bike is pretty cool.

How hard is it to change springs in the forks and the rear shock? Everytime I hit a pothole it feels like I'm bottoming out.

all depends on the shocks and forks you have.
basic conventional forks will take about 20 min to swap springs and a basic rear will take an hour or so just because theyre usually a pain to dig out of the bike

Are scooters allowed here?

that would be more of an issue with dampening than spring rate

as long as you arent a cunt like the harley fags, sure

I would love a sport bike styled like this. So fucking sexy.

Well I'm a fat fuck and people say the stock springs on ninja 500s are too soft. Also pretty sure it's never been serviced.

I found one for you

Cool, i got myself a used roketa MCR-06 to as a first bike and so far its been running great. Recently however its started to backfire while cranking cold and the exhaust makes a popping sound if i come off of the throttle too fast. Is this a carb problem or is it something else? Sorry for the shit quality pic, my phone is a potato

Put heavier oil in the forks when you put the new springs in and fill it slightly above the normal level.

likely getting too lean, clean the carb and all the passages/jets out good and see how it does

>driveshaft driven can be sports bike

no just singular sport bike

Well I just looked at prices for OEM shocks that fit the bike and they're more than half of what I paid for the entire bike. I'll just deal with it until I get a newbike.

buying a motorcycle was one of the best things I've ever done
top tier

I saw a bike today from across the highway and am trying to identify it. It sort of had a scrambler or possibly standard shape, it had a dual exit exhaust on the left side, but it looked like a single can - possibly not, and behind the seat was a rounded, downturned metal piece that looked like bare brushed aluminium. It looked too clean and put together to be a custom, sounded like it was probably a big twin. I thought it was a ducati scrambler but the seat and exhaust don't fit.

Any ideas?

You can probably get new springs all around for about $200.

For a cheaper solution crank the preload on the rear shock all the way up, and put the heavier oil in the forks (costs like $20 max).

why didn't you chase him down

I didn't confirm myself but previous owner said preload was maximum. Could do the front fork thing I guess.

haspenis 0/10

I can't do over 70mph sustained and he whipped by in the left lane doing probably 90

What bike were you on, the DRZ? 70 only?

And did it look newer, old?

DRZ a shit

Looked fairly new, could have been a Bonnevile but the rear fender thing still doesn't fit

My DRZ will do ~97 but I don't like to take it over 70 for more than a few seconds, the engine is old and tired

Jeebus, fiddle with the gearing?
Could it have been an enfield?

Even geared to the moon the DRZ isn't at home on the highway. The bike and rider both catch a lot of wind. The engine is also underpowered and the bike is naturally unstable at high speed if you have it set up for touge.

I still need go pop the forks off my gs550. Oil seal is leaking on the right. The VF now has a new air filter, just need to put it back in and bolt everything down. I feel like I need to get rid of one, but I don't know which. My love for antique plates on bikes makes it too hard....

Ah, ok then.

Another reason I'm gonna try for a DR650 then.
Were you the guy who had the VF totally repainted?

Looks good.

DR650 won't be great either. It's still a single cyl dual sport.

It'll be better than a DR 350 for the 70% city 20% innawoods 10% highway that I plan on doing

mine is pretty happy doing 75 up the mountain passes

Finally took my bike out on the highway after puttzing around the neighborhood for a couple weeks. Finally starting to get the hang of this.

Feels good

That is my highway gearing, 39T in the rear, so high I can't get a wheelie high enough to ride in first and have to slip the clutch a little too much to take off from a stop. With my 44T rear it will come up in second, but I keep it at or below 60mph.

Wasn't an Enfield, more modern looking. After I realized it wasn't a Ducati Scrambler it thought it must have been a boutique bike, like a Confederate or something.

I like your 650 'kip
Nice
Meh sorry I can't help you any more. Hard to envision it.

Went to the bank today to get some money from the ATM, some fat Asian on a Harley came up to me.
Asked if the R3 was mine and I said yeah.
He then asked how long I was riding, told him 2 months and then he asked me when I was gonna get a big boy's bike.
What the fuck man.