What is the tool that a lot of people overlooks that one should really consider having as part of their garage?

What is the tool that a lot of people overlooks that one should really consider having as part of their garage?

I have a house with a 1 car garage, and I'm making a list of things to buy and prep up in order to be able to maintain and fix cars. Other than basic tools (torque wrench, wrench sets, c clamps, multimeter, etc.), what must one not forget about?

Ten Tools You Never Knew You Needed In Your Garage!

If you're dealing with somewhat modern cars, OBD scanner.

Well, I'm aiming to either one day own an older car from the 60's 70's like a stang (something "easy" to work on with a huge aftermarket), or a 3 series E30 if the price is right (already going high...)

oh I forgot about those... is there a name for those keys?

My nigga

I bought those fuckers when i had to do spark plugs on an exploder with ac

Flexible sockets I guess?

Found it yeah! Flex Head socket seats or wrench sets.

jesus fucking christ. Hope that you never have to use them

Socket wrench, 'universal' screwdriver and set of ends, needle-nose pliers of various sizes, a good hammer, and a selection of regular screwdrivers.
And a jack that will take the weight of your vehicle without issue.

You can do most maintenance with that.

none of those things are overlooked. Did you even read the OP?

A C-clamp is something overlooked at at times necessary

They are called U-joint sockets actually.....

I still don't have one of these fuckets

If you knew how to work on cars you wouldn't be asking this question. Fuck off.

Buy the tools you need to do the jobs that come up.

thank you good sir!

have a driver under the hood

You're right buddy. Other than very few fixes, I didn't do more, and I know I'm in for a series of good and bad experiences once I get a project car, so anything that helps now, well, why not?

br/o/s before hoes.

Propane torch. $15 at home depot, I use mine to free up stuck bolts. Even the most rust-welded nut will break free when you get it cherry red and bang on it a bit

A few planks of wood for if you have to jack up the engine or trans.
An assortment of socket extensions.
A sandwich. Don't forget to eat when you're pounding away at suspension components, slowly losing your will to live as the steering knuckle refuses to let the strut out.

PB blaster

All of the socket extentions

PBR

Its easier to use about 3 feet of extensions to get at my starter because of how my header wraps around it....

All of them...

magnet on bendy stick
good set of picks

Crows feet
Torque Wrenches (guess what? your arm isn't calibrated)

Hydraulic press. Pinch bars

lol 1 car garage, you would need at least a two car to have room actually work on the car unless its a miata or twingo

You probably already have some, but I know a lot of niggers who don't.