Does anyone know any sites that deal in selling restoration projects for cars, in the UK or US?

Does anyone know any sites that deal in selling restoration projects for cars, in the UK or US?

I've been trying to find a '69 Mustang Boss 429 restoration project but I can't find one anywhere in the UK or the US (with the intention of importing it)

Other urls found in this thread:

classiccarliquidators.com/
streetsideclassics.com/
gatewayclassiccars.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>69 Boss 429
More than you can afford, pal.

Not really no.

What you may end up doing is getting another mustang with a 289, and putting a 429 crate motor in. The boss fairings and the like would probably be easy to get a hold of through panel remanufacturers like year one.

Buy a Mach 1, then a John Kaase 429 crate engine.

A boss 429 rusty fucking mess would bring tens of thousands.

Just the VIN plate is more than he can afford

Other way round - It's the body shape that I like, I'm not so concerned for the engine. Call me an idiot, but I haven't found another type of '69 mustang that had side and bonnet scoops while retaining the nice-looking grill, unlike GT500's.

For all you know I could be filthy rich [spoiler]I'm not[/spoiler]

What's your budget? I'd would be willing to crawl CL and find something
[spoiler]spoilers don't work here[/spoiler]

I don't have one - looking around for a car to restore, then start saving up for it.
I imagine 20,000 - 30,000 pounds

classiccarliquidators.com/
This guys can help

They don't ship to the UK, but thanks anyway

>dynacorn.com

That's you would get a base mustang and order aftermarket fenders and the like.

Also I would highly suggest actually physically looking at the car (buying a ticket to the states) before buying as you're likely buy some rusted hulk, that a boomer has sat in his front yard for 20 years, becuase he knows what he's got.

Dude
Why spend that much on a car to restore? Think about what else you could get with that money.

Are you very very good at working on cars?

Nope, total beginner - never touched a car before

How is that place? Ive been watching that site for a while, but they all seem over priced.

You're waaaaaay out of your league then.

Find something else to learn on that you can source parts for immediately then a few years out think about the mustang.

20-30k pounds will not be enough to cover what you want to do, given all the fuck ups you'll make, and all the parts you'll have to have shipped over, especially since your exchange rate to dollars just tanked a few months ago.

Buy a restored classic and enjoy it. It's not worth restoring a car that you cant find parts in a junkyard. Because it means you have to scrounge up parts from greedy Jews that sell parts for outrageous prices since they're the only ones you can buy from. You'll waste many summers working on it instead of driving it, anything you can't do a shop will charge you a lot to do. Ever run into any walls along the way your indriveable project sits in the garage a year at least.

Not OP, im an American ready to buy a classic to DD.

Ive seen other sites with similar cars for cheaper, but was wondering if classicarliquidators goes through and fixes them or something?

WHAT THE FUCK
this has to be some great fucking bait, props to you man

Get a Beetle for $500 and fix it up, then shut up. Have you ever driven a classic car? What makes you think you want one?

>similar cars for cheaper
Similar what, you've seen a 69 Boss 429 for cheaper than 30k?
also
>classic
>dd
pick 1.5

429 wouldn't fit in a stock Mustang. KarKraft or something had to custom build Boss 429's because of interference with EVERYTHING in the engine bay. Hemi engines are simply wide.

>What makes you think you want one?
10 bucks says he just likes the looks.

>Not OP, im an American ready to buy a classic to DD.

Then you need to specify that.....

You need to look for a malaise era Camaro, C3 vette or Mach 1 mustang if you want something similar that won't blow your bank.

Im not saying like half price cheaper, but ive seen similar mustangs (not the boss, but they've had others) that were almost identical for 5k less at other dealers.

Whats wrong with DDing a classic? My current DD doesnt handle, slow as shit, 13mpg, and has electronics and "vital" plastic parts breaking left and right.

streetsideclassics.com/
gatewayclassiccars.com/

I prefer these sights.

was for

I fucking hate to say it, but when it's -30 degrees at 5am and you have to drive to work in the snow and ice, you just can't be 100% sure it will start up like you can be with a newer car

I was thinking more of a mid 60s chevy/dodge

What does DD mean?

Why are you on Veeky Forums

I live in coastal TX, what is this cold of which you speak of?

What fucking hell do you live in?

Okay
When you're sitting in traffic on your way to work, and it's 120 degrees, you just can't be sure your car won't overheat and die on you
New Jersey, last winter, with wind chill it dropped to -41 F (-19 F without) one day
So not "really" -30, but I averaged the two

Be prepared to shell out a shit ton of money.

Muscle car era cars are not going to be cheap, even the base models that can have those bigger engines shoved in them.

Get a 72+ malaise era, it'll have the same engines with shittier heads that can be swapped.

Hint the coastal. Mid 90's is the highest it gets, plus that ocean breeze. If it werent for the salty air, this would be the perfect place for an old car.

Sorry about that place... Ill be in NJ for basic in december... guessing im gonna hate my life.

You're way too late to get into the restoration scene if you want to do it cheap, OP. First gen Mustangs are worth their weight in gold now, when I was towing my 1969 Fastback from the storage yard I put it in a few months ago I actually had a guy flag me down just to ask about it and whether it was for sale. I'll never sell it after all the crap I had to go through for it.

Nah, NJ doesn't deserve a lot of the shit it gets.
The closer to NYC you are, the better
It goes, hicks and red necks,
then urban americans,
then anti-trumpicans,
then people who work/worked in NYC but just live in the NJ suburbs like me.

And then, on the shore, you get a rare few stereotypical "jersey shore" type douchebags.

Good luck in basic man, that shit seems so tough

Thought it would fit the mustangs after 66, isn't that when they widened the engine bay to accept the cobra jet 427. Or is the 429 wider than that.

You still running a mustang junkyard

we found a 69 boss 302 in a barn and bought it for under 5000usd complete and running... was offered as much as 65k for it 'as is' on the way home at gas station fillups of the car hauler. (it was 2000 miles away)

pic is it.. forgot to add it.

5k for that!?! FUCK YOU

I never find good shit like this.

should add it had nearly 2 inches of dirt and sand on top of it when we got to see it. its from the Monterey area. someone may remember it. It had a rollcage in it at one time but had been reconverted to the street way back whenever.

we know we were super lucky. it was hard to not grab it and go as fast as possible. ie- be to excited and blow the deal.

429 is semi hemi design so it's certainly bigger.

thats a 427 soch motor but your idea is right.

No this is a SOHC 427. Spark plugs coming out of the top of the valve covers is a 428 and Chrysler Hemi thing.

The pound is higher now than it was before Brexit, Angela.

Even the '69s larger engine bay had to have the shock towers modified to fit the boss 429.
Guy in the business park I worked in restored one, he sold it at barret Jackson (fully restored) for $260,000 back in 2004.
Theres a collector in my town who just passed away- has had almost 100 mustangs.
He had a '69 boss 429 that was in good shaped but in pieces- his son sold it a couple months ago for $200,000 to a guy that drove all the way down from Canada to pick it up.

>69
>fastback
>boss
>429

I bet you want a 4 speed and air too. Enjoy that six figure price tag.