Hello Veeky Forums. I have a small question

Hello Veeky Forums. I have a small question.

In your opinion, what makes someone a "car person"? Does it take a lot? A little?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dIsG_8TVokw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This question has about a thousand different answers.

If you drive automatic you aren't a car person.

Someone who has wheels and an engine.

Yeah, fuck you buddy.

OP, if you really like cars, like em more than just they get me from A to B, and you can appreciate the stories and history behind manufacturers and cars...

That's all it takes.

You can be a Clarkson that doesn't know anything about how cars work, but if you love them, you're a car guy.

Just don't pretend to be an authority if you're not.

Just caring about your car.
You don't need a nice expensive car to be a "car guy" back in the day I treated my 1994 318is like a m3...I finally got a 1999 m3 and I knew exactly how to treat it

How can I learn manual then? It's not something that was ever introduced to me or brought up ever in my life. Cars were always automatic

This is a good reply. I don't know MUCH about cars but in willing to learn. I love my own vehicle more than anyone or anything in the world

This seems to be the most correct answer ITT.

>How can I learn manual then? It's not something that was ever introduced to me or brought up ever in my life. Cars were always automatic
I feel nothing but pity for Americans.

fucking this. only autistic cuck faggots drive slushbox

>Cars were always automatic
No, the people around you always drove automatic. You likely saw people driving standard and assumed it was automatic.

Only way to learn standard is to drive one. It takes some getting used to, but it's not really that hard. I'm a chronic pain wracked mess that can;t focus or learn worth shit, and my left leg is fucked up at certain angles that just so happen to correlate with those that are required for fine control of the clutch, and even I readily understood.

Just have to find a means to try. I wouldn't ever trade the control for ease. The only difficulty is, as you said, more and more people are driving automatics and don't "get it" (or are stupid to begin with), so eg you'll have to do a hill stop for a light or something and they'll pull up right behind you. Your car is going to roll back to some degree, but they expect it to be much less than it really could be.

Fucking people.

>Your car is going to roll back
Not if you can actually drive.

I only use them for point A to point B lol

And tell me bud, when you pull up behind someone, how do you know if they can "actually drive"? You don't. Hence what I'm saying, it's bad risk assessment to expect everyone to perfectly execute something every single time, in every context, everywhere you go. That's called being a myopic moron.

Shut your asinine contrarian mouth.

Someone who is a person and also a car.

Wew lad, there's no need to get this assdevastated at anyone if you're the one who's unable to control his vehicle properly. It's really not hard, literally even the dumbest European drivers master it in a couple of driving lessons or they wouldn't get their license.

Have fun with that delusion then. Hope your front fender doesn't take it too bad.

ok takumi

Don't try to put the blame on everyone but yourself. It's your own incompetence that makes you roll backwards, not others being too close behind you. Just learn how to drive properly and stop being so insecure.

i still make sure to leave a bit of a gap to the car in front if i'm on an incline, don't want someone else rolling backwards into me

>Don't try to put the blame on everyone but yourself.

An excerpt from my initial post:
>I'm a chronic pain wracked mess that can;t focus or learn worth shit, and my left leg is fucked up at certain angles that just so happen to correlate with those that are required for fine control of the clutch,

There's a bigger picture here, and unfortunately you have reality to contend with. Don't think shooting the messenger changes anything.

Knowing what this thing does.

Don't operate a vehicle if you're not fit to stay in control of it.

I didn't get my license until I was 22 for this very reason. Did a lot of walking.

Have to do what you have to do, that's nature. I do fine enough. If I thought I was any more of a ticking time bomb than any other fuckhead, I wouldn't drive.

I never understood why you guys get so excited talking about cars. Maybe you guys wouldn't get it, but i've been having to drive for my old man since I was 15 delivering tofu on his route up the mountain.

It was super early so there were rarely any cars so it wasn't a big deal. I only drive when I have to, so to me, it's more like a job. I just care if the car has an engine, 4 wheels and can get from point a to point b.

Says window guide clip.

Yeah, but do you know what it does?

All of the excuses and being a special snowflake and literally every single other driver being responsible for keeping their distance because you're liable to fuck up and roll into them. Truly the land of "I'm free to do whatever the fuck I want, everybody else watch out!", it's sickening.

>I'm not even sorry I took your right of way and hit you, not my fault I'm blind.

It guides the window

probably keeps the glass on the window motor rail (or hand crank rail).

I wanted to learn Manual trans so I bought one not knowing shit, stalled it like 30 times in one day, the next day haven't stalled it since, I've had car for about a month now I drive like pro racing speedboy in my super fast Viper Integra z

It's not like I'm consistently rolling back a whole foot or some nonsense. There's a slightly longer latency before I begin to accelerate if I want to avoid either stalling or burning out. On a very steep hill that can be a problem if someone is right behind you, even for people who don't have sciatic nerve damage.

Obviously it'd be both my fault and the fault of the fool who pulled up right behind me. Can't escape that dualistic relationship.

>i-it's not l-like I roll back that much
>you just gotta live with the consequences if my freedom if I do

Childish inability to take responsibility. Expecting the rest of the world to protect and look out for you.

Grow up you little brat.

Not sure if you're the vegetable who's rolling backwards on hills and is projecting his own exact issues on someone else or someone who replied to the wrong post.

I'm the vegetable. Though I tend to view myself more as a legume specifically.

Alright then, you sure are one to talk about
>Childish inability to take responsibility. Expecting the rest of the world to protect and look out for you.
Considering you're unable to take responsibility for your actions in traffic and expecting other drivers to give you extra room for error because they could've expected you're not actually able to drive like normal people.

I'm expecting other drivers to be able to take responsibility for their own lack of foresight, risk assessment, and realistic thinking. You're practically saying it's someone else's fault if you rear end them after they slam on the brakes when an animal jumps out in the road, despite it all being simply because you didn't have proper the proper following distance to react in time and chose to ride their ass for whatever inane reason you had in mind.

It's called "defensive driving", drive like the other guy is going to fuck up and try to anticipate the unexpected. This is very, very simple stuff. I actually started driving when I was 14, but didn't bother with a license until 22. That you don't already understand this really is par for the course, and it's half the reason you drive defensively to begin with.

>You're practically saying it's someone else's fault if you rear end them
It's your fault and your responsibility if you roll backwards into me on a hill. Not even gonna read the rest of your post.

It's your fault if you pull up right behind me as though it's going to get you where you want to go any faster. The consequences are as much your fault as mine.

You should really get your brain checked if you unironically believe it's someone else's fault that you can't control your car, while basically everyone else can.

What kind of answer do you want?
You asked what makes someone a "car person", then you provide quantifiable answers.
i.e. 4 doesn't make someone a "car person".

>posting a ford cluster
Definitely not a car person.

One day you'll get out in the world a bit and realize it's your responsibility to be realistic about possible outcomes and take care of yourself. This mind expansion will either be a natural process, or it'll happen by force.

My last post to you. This is how the real world works, I recommend accepting it before you make assumptions you'll end up regretting.

One day you'll roll backwards into someone and pay for his repairs.
>This is how the real world works

Unfortunately, yes. Even though he had the means to avoid the situation entirely.

You seem confused. I'll continue to communicate with you.

Underrated

both of your are seriously autistic lol

I think if you enjoy driving, working on, and talking about cars of all kinds, you are a car person

For me, I never was a car person until about a year ago, I was always a computer guy. Something just clicked one day and I realized cars are like big computers that you can ride around in and kill yourself with, so I started learning more about them and working on them like I did when I got my first computer.

The bonus is that with a car you get to drive it around and sweat while you work on it and not just sit on your ass all day and play shit vidja

You have to own a Datsun, a Jaguar, and an Alfa Romeo.

You're posting on an autism website user

some kid who posts all over social media about how he is a car person

I'm just a fool who sometimes wastes energy trying to educate the world. My dendritic spine formation and theory of mind is just fine.

It's very possible I'm on my way out, otherwise. When I find a doctor I'll be able to check a few things.

hahaha man what a pussy ass nigga

corn on the cobuncle tom supreme gentleman lookin ass nigga

I don't follow.

That's what happens when you roll backwards

shut the fuk up u pussy fgt u'd probably cry and refuse to drive any other car after your shitbox breaks

>When its so cold that your gear oil turns solid and stalls the engine if you let the clutch out in neutral
youtube.com/watch?v=dIsG_8TVokw