/ovg/ Just 4U STIgoy Edition

Previous thread: (Cross-thread)

Our Wiki should answer every single question you could possibly ask about sim racing and racing with us!
>get-good.net

We have a Mumble server, drop by and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes on Friday. Check out our Google doc for more info!
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

racedepartment.com/downloads/acat-mod-single-pvp-multiplayer.11681/
mega.nz/#!XEM0lDJZ!wwrHexc6ymrNXiCbCJlzWYl7KTOpESAE_qfaMnPetdk
assettocorsa.club/mods/auto/gentle-mind-performance-japan-pack.html#en
assettocorsa.club/mods/auto/drift-workshop-car-pack.html#en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

da real prev thread

Larguu x stiguy fanfic when

>he calls that fast
try about 45 kph on gravel

Why does the Huracan GT3 in the Simtek mod feel and drive better than the Kunos version?

>inb4 AC memes

The tyres, that's all.

>one of the ships is a flying yellow muscle car complete with an open-headered gasoline engine in front using Direct Exhaust Injection to ram-air the rear plasma engine

this fucking game

>you are now aware it has been a year since the last succesful /ovg/ series began

Because the tyres actually heat up. Still doesn't stop the Simtek stuff from flopping around like a fish out of water without stiffening everything to the maximum.

That file name makes no sense as bongs use MPH too

>GTAV has the need to look out the rear window in order to see behind you when in first person
>pretty much no racing sim has this

>one of the ships is a flying yellow muscle car

Are you saying SweetJP is in Redout?

Yeah because we have mirrors for a reason

Except you don't need to because there's a button that gives you an unobstructed view behind.

>what is peripheral vision
Underage that's never driven a car please

I understand the use of mirrors and I use them often, the point I am making is that there is no downside to having a busy, obstructive cabin and a small, hard to view rear window in the world of sim racing. Something as obvious as visibility should be one of the things most represented in a format where you are in the driver's seat of a virtual car.

Well yes look back buttons are for queers but player options are one of the usual hallmarks of the simulation genre. If it makes you feel better iRacing doesn't have one.

>>you are now aware it has been a year since the last succesful /ovg/ series began
>you are now aware it has been two years since the first /ovg/ series

>turning your head to look through the (possibly non existant) rear window in a racecar seat

>you are now aware it has been a year since the last succesful /ovg/ series began
Local Danish man has funny definition of successful

How about one that runs through the entire planned calendar - hasn't happened since ovgt3 and meme 3-race series

That's the thing, in AC you can't get it to do what you want it to, while in rF2 you can get it to do so, but it's way more prone to over-doing it as well.

>Can't wait to see how shit the R8 is, in whichever game see's it's version first.

It will have the same physics as the Huracan unless they outmeme themselves.

Touge
Hot Version
GT1
Indycar

I'd call Legends and Turnleft a success too, the organizers just spread the schedule out too long.

>IndyCar
>success
>like 4 races with a combined entry smaller than any one decent race
>only like two races that actually ran to full distance
What exactly do you define as "unsuccessful"

No, you can get it to do what you want for the most part in AC. In the same way you can get the Simtek version to do what you want. It's just requires a retarded setup to get you there.

Also the R8 will be copypaste, just like the rest of the MR cars with some slight differences so people think they're driving a different car.

Turnleft would of been better if we had super speedways

we did have a superspeedway its just you guys couldnt run more than a lap without wrecking the whole field

Elite Detected

Circle jerker who can't drive detected

I don't think you understand that the Huracan is platform engineered R8. The GT3 cars have identical engines and gearboxes and are otherwise similar enough that they often have identical BoP.

>What exactly do you define as "unsuccessful"
Not fun for whoever entered the race.

>we got bored and stopped
Sounds fun

Even the steering wheel is the same

They have different aero packages though, so when the organizing body performs their balance of performance they might give one some extra weight or reduce the size of the air restrictor. It'll be slight though, but looking at the tuning options between say the 488, 650S, and Huracan they're mostly the same. So I can imagine he'll fudge the R8 numbers a bit from the Huracan, maybe aero or something like that.

>It's just requires a retarded setup to get you there.

Well I've tried softening this & stiffening that with the suspension, approaching corners differently, etc. I haven't played with the dampners because I know fuck-all about tuning them to achieve certain results.
>tl;dr help an user out with a setup?

For the AC version? Drop those tyre pressures boy. Otherwise setup is mostly about dialing out negative quirks of the car. So you'd have to describe what's wrong with the car first.

But the AC Huracan is known to have fucked up tyres that really don't heat up.

Fucking turn up to races then you pastry munching faggot

if I remember default is 25psi, so I'll try dropping them to 20 tomorrow when I get motivation.

>Otherwise setup is mostly about dialing out negative quirks...
That's what I got pic-related for, it's helped with other cars, but the Huracan always feels 'not as good', the 488 GT3 is god tier compared to it.

>the races are shit because no one shows up
>no one shows up because the races are shit
only the shadow government can save us from this hell

Then I can imagine it's mostly down to tyre temps, playing with your TCS and ABS levels should help as well. The Huracan isn't like the 488 where you want to turn of TCS because the car simply won't rotate with it on at any level.

wut game

Redout

>he doesnt remember the super successful forza 3 series

>direct exhaust injection only from one bank
>other bank just blows exhaust into the air
For what purpose?

the first rF series was the first one to bring in the numbers

here's a webm of all the people we chased out

worry.webm

Didn't chase me out faggot.

I just got a job.

shit excuse

Been a long time since I checked here, why do you all hate AC now?

Stefano ran over my dog

racedepartment.com/downloads/acat-mod-single-pvp-multiplayer.11681/
>find out about this mod for Dirt Rally
>doing hillclimb in RX supercars
>doing RX in a Stratos
>doing Rally with a 405 T16
haven't had this much fun in a while

have you practiced your corkscrews?

Holy shit so I can finally have touge in rally stages vs a friend?

YOU JUST MISSED IT

It lets you use any car on any track so I suppose yeah you can. Plus you can use this in multiplayer

Explain to me why this isn't in the original game?
Did they really think nobody wants to race in a rally stage for fun?

I honestly don't know, user. I wish I could tell you but I don't know. Until I played this I thought that maybe it's the difference in handlings of those car classess between the modes which would make impossible to use, say S1600 in rally, but that clearly isn't the case.

remember that time vonmoltke got btfo on /sp/ and had to leave the board for good?

remember that time valrys got btfo on /ovg/ and had to leave the board for good?

remember that time barney got BTFO in /ovgt3/ and /ovgt3s2/ and /ovgf1/ and /ovgTurnLeft/ and had to leave the board for good?

BTFO!

WHAT THE FUCK

Should I upgrade my computer system to windows 10 for FH3?

Or just get FH3 for the xbone I don't use?

Get Xbone verion. There are lot of cheaters on PC (see The Crew, TDU2, GTA V or even Forza Apex) and with Xbox version you will be able to play only with Xbone players if you change settings in options.

$0.10 has been deposited into your account Rajesh

Not gonna play multiplaya tho

>playing stuff by microsoft

>not playing stuff by microsoft

>Having a constantly chaging mod is good
>Constant BoP changes, fucking over car preference is good
>Having rules that were not applied to begin with were good
>"But hey, it had generic GT3s and good participation, so that's good right"?

Legends and 86s had good mods without any mid season bops and they were fun to drive around.
The original Hot Version was enjoyable because you drove something different every week.
OVGT1 was decent all around, despite the ancient mod it used.

But noooooo, 2 of those were "spec shit" that required you to get gud instead of driving a supercar with tons of aero, ovgt1 had >enduracers cars and the last one was >AC.

And yes, I consider all 4 more succesful than ovgt3 S2

just because you liked the cars doesn't make it successful

if a series gets good participation then something is being done right.

>spec series have nothing to bop
who would have thought

Why don't you attempt/contribute to make a series successful instead of making stupid posts like?

What do you care anyway? All you do is shit around the bottom 10 of the field and make skins. I could do that on an offline gtr2 championship.

Do you also think fun is a buzzword?

>40 cars
>20 are shitters, 10 are tryhards who whine for everything and the other 10 are there because there are people to race with.
>But muh participation

Welcome to ovgt3, where only the numbers count and nothing else.

I'll admit, bop was a the wrong choice of a word. Updates would be more accurate.

40 cars means you'll usually have someone to race with, whether you're alien or shitter.

But in all the past series, unless someone joined at the last moment without any practice, they had people to race with.

>monster truck madness 2
S-sorry user, I love microsoft now

But larguu won the last race of OVGT1 by 50 seconds. If more than 10 cars showed up it would have been more likely he'd have someone to race with.

Probably because I spent alot of time driving that track since it was pretty fun with those cars. I also would have went at it with katsuo most of the race but he got (((intimidated))).

ovg is a mixed ability group so if participation is low the field gets strung out over the course of a race

this is wrong

Reminder to anyone that might have not heard that hot version is dead, so no there is no official last round. There is a C1 server though. It has stock content cars and some from the Jap pack, the drift workshop pack and the 400r from the gentle mind performance pack, and the night weather.
Links:
DLC cars
mega.nz/#!XEM0lDJZ!wwrHexc6ymrNXiCbCJlzWYl7KTOpESAE_qfaMnPetdk

GMP cars
assettocorsa.club/mods/auto/gentle-mind-performance-japan-pack.html#en

DW cars
assettocorsa.club/mods/auto/drift-workshop-car-pack.html#en

Night weather
www.racedepartment.com/downloads/touge-night-time-weather.10136/

I forgot the dlc unlocker
mega:///#!eNlHhLBL!V-Le-MigADSSu-yShEDjXaogdZuTo1-hMk4HgzZZ7_k

Also the night weather mod works best with the natural, night and vintage filters.

>Flying vehicle
>Falls

>only the shadow government can save us from this hell

Fuck off commie

>No one shows up because they don't want to get out of their confort zone

ftfy

What if those 10 cars practiced more?

>le practicing more gets you better results meme

see

Any good 60-70s US car mods for AC, apart from that Charger? I tried dowloading gremlin, but it appears to not work.

hi

the 10 cars were covered by 3 minutes so they'll just all be faster but still spread out

>trying to get gold on Heat and Run in AC
Jesus fuck, this is hard.

A lot of the challenges are fucked and unobtainable after changes to the game