Tsuchiya is a mediocre hack who frequently got his ass handed to him by Italians

Tsuchiya is a mediocre hack who frequently got his ass handed to him by Italians.

How crap is Super GT's lineup, talent-wise?

Wasn't Andre Lotterer a racer there?

So he's like you or me then.
I can shift gear pretty damn quick too when everything's warmed up

racing talent is a pyramid. for every 10 people on one level of talent, theres one above them. step onto that level, and theres 1/10th as many above you yet, all the way until you get to formula one. i dont think people gazing up at the pyramid from the safety of an egyptian sand-pounding circle should give their input on how some driver is a talentless hack

Weird, I was literally just watching old Hot Version episodes when I saw this thread.

Didn't he win LeMans once?

In his class I believe.

V8 btfo

Everyone gets their ass kicked by someone at multiple points

Will there ever be anybody to top him? Or at least even match him?

Only Jimmy was better than Graham

Montoya?

None of these people have ever won the triple crown though

SuperGT is a weird series in terms of talent pool.

There are a few really good drivers, mostly foreign, who are using it as a stepping stone on their way up. There are quite a few more whose careers have stagnated in Europe and who are racing there long-term because the money is good, and a few has-beens making a few more bucks in the drivers' seat. Then you have the domestic drivers, most of whom are mediocre (by top-level racing standards), with a few good ones (Tsuchiya in his day, Taniguchi) and a bunch of shitty "gentleman driver" types.

...and women.

...and there's the best european driver to date because he likes animu and Audi is nice to him.

>all the way until you get to formula one
Hahahahahahahaaha. 10/10

This describes every top national level motorsport.

He has 2 class wins at Le mans and a 2nd overall finish. Hardly mediocre

Great. Where can i watch said italians flog 90s japanese dream cars around tsukuba? Oh...