Before I allocate an RS what are some of its failings and short comings...

Before I allocate an RS what are some of its failings and short comings? If not an RS what else is there available that competes and is better?

Also do you think ford will make enough RS' so we won't have to order them but instead find them on the dealer floor?

Other urls found in this thread:

thedrive.com/new-cars/4843/the-ford-focus-rs-is-the-worlds-finest-hot-hatch
vorshlag.com/forums/showthread.php?p=58381
trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=11537.0
youtube.com/watch?v=yON7UIv7-d0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's the hottest hatch out, there's one in my area and every subaru gets way the fuck out of its way.

Goddammit I love the RS.

>what are some of its failings and short comings
FWD

Get a real car.

>literally retarded

>AWD
Think again cuck

You guys make me happy I can't wait to get one this spring, that's the soonest I can order one. Do u think I'll find one then?

its AWD you faggot

>baby's first troll

The RS is AWD, dumbass

The "rear drive unit" overheats and shuts off if you look at it wrong, and now you've got a 350hp FWD car...

An R32

Its a $50,000 poorly built mazda/volvo
Why bother with knockoffs?

I want a new car.

Not an Audi

>If not an RS what else is there available that competes and is better?
Pretty sure it would get dusted by the new civic hatchback

Pros:
>faster than a WRX STi stock
>insurance will be kinder

Cons:
>limited run, parts will be an issue
>looks like the bastard spawn of a Lancer Evo and A45 AMG

Make sure to get it in the blue.

Apparently the drivetrain is already stressed close to its maximum, so don't treat it like an Evo and avoid going over 400hp.

>not even FWD biased

If it was Haldex you'd almost have a point

>Apparently the drivetrain is already stressed close to its maximum
I guess Ken Block knows his market. Vapers who won't do anything beyond lowering.

the first batch of rdus were delivered out of spec. don't know if ford issued a recall.

>falling for that obvious bait

I'm an ST owner and really want to like the RS, but at this point I'd give Ford a year to straighten out some of the issues before buying one.

Literally a Mazdaspeed 3 with rear traction.

thedrive.com/new-cars/4843/the-ford-focus-rs-is-the-worlds-finest-hot-hatch

Muh leakin' seals

Hmmm, you want short comings huh? Well, when this car was first brought out, FERD let everyone know it was guaranteed 30 minutes or so of track time straight out of the box, a lot of people thought it was cool until they actually put it out on a track, the fucking rear axle overheats QUICK when it goes into the 30/70 split, after it over heats, it goes into fwd limp meme mode until it cools down.
That's not the only thing that has been reported of overheating; the powersteering is overheating. (my guess is having something to do with the drift mode)
Other things to consider owning one is to install a catch can or your engine will look like pic related, the other thing is the oil seals are breaking around 1000 - 1500 miles every single fucking time.
This is a limited production car and it seems that aftermarket parts won't be around forever.
It's interior is a joke for that price and suffers like how ford wants the interior to suffer.
I like the concept but it seems to have too many problems for me to consider it a car I'd DD let alone put out on a track.

Forgot to add in that this car is built to the breaking point, if your looking to put in loads of aftermarket goodies into them, forget it, everything is pretty much pushed to the edge, the drivetrain can't take much more than what is already there.
Out of spec and won't play nice on dynos, most can't seem to report 310hp at stock on a dyno.
Ford meme'd us once again with another "nice" promise.

310hp doesn't seem too shabby on a chassis dyno. That's only an 11% power loss from 350hp - and AWD cars tend to lose more than 15% going from crank to wheel hp.

>he thinks literally any manufacturer advertises wheel horsepower instead of crank horsepower

RS looks shit. Might as well put a pillow on that front fascia, they didn't hide the pedestrian safety flab at all.

I don't think I made that point very well, the most I've seen is 310, lower numbers is what I mostly see,
sorry.

vorshlag.com/forums/showthread.php?p=58381

Honestly the Golf R + APR reflash seems more promising. If not a Evo X Final Edition. Everything I've been reading about the Focus RS so far says its a disappointment. Still better than a WRX STi though.

>APR
HOLY FUCK DON'T WHATEVER YOU DO, STAY WAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM APR, THEY ARE IN FUCKING TURMOIL RIGHT NOW, THEY WILL DESTROY YOUR TUBRO.
>own a mk4 gti

>implying he said whp

I'm also in the market for a sporty hatchback and have test driven the RS and the Golf R so far. The RS feels a little bit faster, a bit more raw and engaging but the Golf feels better in every other area to me and I like the understated looks better. If I had to choose between the two right now I would probably pick the Golf but I don't think I would be unhappy either way.

Another thing to consider is that at least in my area the RS is going for over MSRP and would actually cost more than a Golf R and a tune.

turmoil?

The restructure of business after people started finding out how awful their map made their car, people stopped buying their products and licensed installers dumped them and went to GIAC instead, local shop did it.
They aren't doing too good right now no matter how it may seem on the outside, they make some decent products but stay away from their maps, you want to watch your turbo and stage 1 clutch self destruct be my guest.

Post some lower numbers then. Keep in mind, some engines go into limp mode when you dyno them, or cut power otherwise. That may be the issue, and it may develop full power on the road.

>Implying anyone has engine dyno'd a 2.3 from an RS
Nobody is going to do so. All the figures you're seeing out there are whp.

>parts will be an issue
>ford
Are you retarded?

Does Ford offer spare parts on decade-old models?

This is over the long term. The WRX STi from a decade ago is largely the same thing it is now. The previous Focus RS released to the public is a different beast entirely.

I believe it is law in the US that they have to supply parts for up to 10 years after the car is manufactured. Most of the parts are just focus parts anyway.

Keep in mind Ford has god-awful parts availability on SVT unique parts. Ask SVT Focus and Contour owners. I doubt the RS will be different.

>It's the hottest hatch out

What makes it a hatch and not a wagon?

>only engine dynos read crank hp
could you at least educate yourself

Show me a dyno that will read crank hp from a wheel output then.

Any dyno really
>From a fast idle, the operator will then hit full throttle and let the car accelerate the rollers as fast as it can until it reaches the redline, and then release the accelerator pedal, and hit the clutch.
>The vehicle will be left to decelerate by itself, still in the chosen gear, until it reaches the start speed again. The purpose of the Run Down is to measure the drag from the drivetrain. It isn't perfect, but it's the best way to estimate the frictional losses that the car has to force through, and this Drivetrain loss will be added onto the Wheel power measurement to give an estimate of the power that the engine is producing. Keeping it with just the clutch depressed isolates any engine braking that will appear as a greater drivetrain loss, and still measure the frictional losses as best it can through to the gearbox.

I'm only familiar with MAHA and Dyno Dynamics. Both do it. I'm sure some of the others will too.
In future just don't post, we can do without your input.

If you're looking at the RS this might be of interest. These guys actually have their hand on one, tracked it, and compared it to other similar cars.

trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=11537.0

They weren't too doting about it.

>Literally just guesstimating driveline losses on top of the average dyno's inaccuracy
Yeah, no. Especially not on an ECU-controlled AWD system.

IMHO, a car that lets you change they way it performs through an ipad on the dash is a gimmick.
I get it, they took a lot of time for it to be able to do that but just pick one or make it easily adjustable like a normal performance car.
Too much shtuff can go wrong with all the little parts you don't have control over.

[citation needed]

its ugly

I guess I should just get aused evo then. .. what about a wrx, which wrx?

evo 9 or the sti hatch

My 203 Ford Focus Zx3 still has insane parts availability, I could go to the middle of BFE and still replace nearly the entire car from local shop stock.

That being said, the old SVT Focus parts are becoming hard to find

What years sti hatch? 2014 okay? Also what years evo 9? Why not evo 10 gsr?

Has better 0-60 than the competition stock, that's about it.

WRX's have better handling, and can probably be tuned better (price and performance)

EVO IX's are neat too.

Was strongly considering the Focus RS but ended up putting an order in for a M2 instead.

It's faster, has a miles better interior, no issues with a FWD-based AWD system like the Focus, and fits me and my needs better with having only two doors. I also have trouble justifying paying nearly 3x cost of the base model Focus for the RS (17k vs 42k). The BMW is about 11k more expensive than the Focus and I have to wait until about June next year until I get the car but I'm happy with my decision. The delay just means that I can drive my current shitbox around for a while longer and save up the cost difference.

does nobody like the Golf R?

Me wanting to call it the hottest hatch makes it a hatch.

Ferd BTFO. Marketing shills on suicide watch.
>B
>T
>F
>O

>FWD in AWD, RWD price territory
>Meme engine
>my benchracing
>get destroyed by v8 stangs and Sti
>but my official lap times

$35k + tax

I guess I should entertain the autist even though he has been thoroughly btfo by everyone else.
Here's Mishimoto's try at stock.
youtube.com/watch?v=yON7UIv7-d0

Used Snek vs RS

Ferd BTFO how can you compete meme vs meme

RS will never get you a sluuts number

Until it has to launch out of a corner. Not saying it's a bad car but fwd has it's shortcomings.

>used snek
>not being beat to shit with that lovely dodge reliability

Enjoy driving it 500 miles before you have to pay $2000 in repairs just to get it running again.

>Dodge Reliability

What could possibly break on it lol

I'd trust one over a $40k GTR. At least any idiot can rebuild the transmission/rear diff on one.

>own a mk4 gti
>stay away from apr
That's good to know. A family friend is going to sell his mk4 to me for cheap, so I was looking at what kind of aftermarket they had.

The GIAC site says their maps are only meant to be used on the track, is there another company that does more streetable tunes?

congrats you can watch dugg demooros youtube videos

Pretty sure its awd

I mean, that's their warning, but you can use them for street, mine's DD and I have a blast in it.