>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webms
>Motorcycle Memes & Banter
/dbt/ map: drink, fight, fuck
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI
Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator: will I look cool on it?
>cycle-ergo.com/
Sticky:
→ → → → →→
Boring webums with sounds:

>Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

norfolk.craigslist.org/mcy/5738783790.html
youtu.be/vWEnbYTWWV8?t=4m40s
adventuremedicalkits.com/medical-kits/mountain-series-fundamentals.html
norfolk.craigslist.org/mcy/5764099716.html
norfolk.craigslist.org/mcy/5743776121.html
norfolk.craigslist.org/mcy/5753423792.html
norfolk.craigslist.org/mcy/5763152534.html
norfolk.craigslist.org/mcy/5762375330.html
norfolk.craigslist.org/mcy/5757479881.html
norfolk.craigslist.org/mcy/5762209254.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i put dick in bike
i rev the engine greatly
i feel most at peace

Post your motorcycles.

thats a very nice bike

I want it

Do you guys have first aid kits on you when you ride?
for those of you who do, which do you recommend

can't get it in north america

;(

ey mang do I remember you saying before that Baja Designs/Trail Tech voltage regulators don't regulate voltage very well?

I made a small one up for road trips. It's got gauze pads, medical tape, super glue, bandaids, iodine, a couple ace bandages, and a few other things.

Most of the pre-made first aid kits are filled with a bunch of unnecessary shit IMO.

why the fuck not??!?!?

well i had one that caught on fire and another one that spazzed out and threw 70 volts into the lights
so i wouldn't bother with them anymore

see

vrem

Well I got a fried CDI after using one for a few months. Would it be safe to blame the r/r?

if its tied to it i wouldn't be surprised, if you put a new RR on see if you can find one with a sensing lead too
i was lucky that my ignition is an independent circuit from the 12v system

Ayyyy

norfolk.craigslist.org/mcy/5738783790.html

>needs carbs clean and new upper front fairings I do have the seat and all the parts to go with the bike was going to fix it up but no time for it $500obo

i really fucking hate lazy owners

>was going to fix it up but no time for it
>I do have the seat and all parts to go with the bike

That usually means that they tried to fix it but soon got in way over their head and just left it sitting half disassembled for months/years. You can bet it's a heap of junk at this point and there's no telling what they fucked up when they tried to """fix""" it.

Officially baptized as a shitbike now

Would I just face less bullshit if i buy a preowned bike at the dealer?

I'd just keep looking for a bike in decent condition from a private seller. That bike was someone's "project", never buy someone else's "project".

The last time I did that I found out that I have another short somewhere in my electrical system.

Probably why me speedo still ain't working tbqh familam. I'll fix it eventually when it starts being an actual issue

eyyyyyy

>Most of the pre-made first aid kits are filled with a bunch of unnecessary shit IMO.
I do a bunch of first aid in concerts and sports events, and I can tell you it's not just your opinion. They're always garbage.

Nice quads. That makes me feel a little less shit.

Thank you for the procedure. I think I will just buy a new one though.

Here is a picture of the lever. Proper fucked.
I may be a bit paranoid, but I wonder if the drop didn't fuck other things up.
Is there supposed to be a bit of play in the brake lever?
How easily are wheels supposed to rotate when the bike is off? I'm wondering if the brakes aren't slightly "stuck" on...

Is this counter-steering?

youtu.be/vWEnbYTWWV8?t=4m40s

nice

counter steering is a meme

;_;

What do you think about this

adventuremedicalkits.com/medical-kits/mountain-series-fundamentals.html

I'm fine with making my own first aid kit but can you tell me what makes the pre-mades shit in your opinion?

Anons, what was your first bike? How long did it last you?

>Would you recommend it to another user trying to escape /nobike/?

Here's some decent looking beginner bikes:

norfolk.craigslist.org/mcy/5764099716.html

norfolk.craigslist.org/mcy/5743776121.html

norfolk.craigslist.org/mcy/5753423792.html

Here's some more powerful bikes if you've got some experience:

norfolk.craigslist.org/mcy/5762375330.html

norfolk.craigslist.org/mcy/5757479881.html

cb250 nighthawk
got it a month ago, 26k miles, now has 27k.

yes, but it a slow (still fun as fuck though)

Help a noob out.

i have those three on my favorites.

the blue SV is closer to me.

i fucking hate driving to VA beach with a passion, due to the fact that i drive a standard trans in this stop and go traffic

I'm an ausfag so what I should be looking for might be slightly different, but thanks user.

if you really want my opinion I don't think I've ever consciously countersteered, it all just came naturally and I've never had an issue steering

You have to realize that buying a motorcycle from a dealership is no different than buying from a private seller most of the time.

I used to believe this meme that dealerships would perform routine maintenance on all their pre-owned/used bikes for liability purposes so all the fluids/chain/brake pads etc... would be relatively new and in good shape.

In reality, this is the biggest crock of shit. They will do the bare minimum just like any private seller - except they will charge you an additional $1,000

Find a nice autist from Craigslist and just buy from them. Use your head. The guys that ramble on for paragraphs about how they had the valves inspected and adjusted are usually good contenders. You know these people haven't let their bikes rot to shit

The unnecessary shit part.

rieju mrt 50
lasted 1 year then got a wr125x

i don't recommand starting on a 50cc except if you are >16yo, that shit is slow, 125 and 250 are the best starter bikes if you live in a city/in europe, if you live in america/australia/canada you will need more power.

Would recommand the wrx125 or wrx250 for a beginner, amazing bikes.

Does it make sense to get the helmet the size just above yours when you're in between and the get pads of the bigger size to fill the gap?

1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 500

Bought it like 5 years ago for $500. Needed some work to get running again. Rode it for 3 years and bought another bike, it's been sitting in the garage more or less unused since then. I just recently serviced it and will put it up for sale soon.

what makes the stuff unnecessary

I mean, I want to know if that is what it is, I don't know.

>if you live in america/australia/canada you will need more power
This is why the US can't have nice things...

That blue SV650 would be my first choice if it looks good in person and has been well maintained.

No problem man. I don't know what your licensing requirements are over there so I can't help you too much with recommendations or anything.

I can't see a list of the contents. There seems to be some things I wouldn't usually use in there, but a lot of the essentials do seem to be covered.
It seems to be lacking burnshield and cold packs, which I really like to have around.

At least 50% useless shit, almost always miss some of the life-saving shit, like the thing used for hemorrhages (I think it's called trauma dressing? I don't know the english names)

Your only options are this or try another model/brand.

>I can't see a list of the contents.
It's there m8.
I'm thinking about getting one for my next group trip, I'm gonna strt the first aid course in a couple of weeks.

Why do embedded systems like ECUs and CDIs cost so damn much? $300 for a computer that literally only takes 2 inputs and times a pulse of electricity is bs. For that much money you could get a small device to do that and a hundred other things at the same time.

Is it just because manufacturers know they have you cornered and if you need it you will pay whatever it takes?

I'll check out the blue SV for sure.

i called the owner about this one but i didnt get an answer back.

Better to have a tighter fit, the helmet will break-in and get comfy overtime.

All the single packets of medication that make up like half the kit for starters. And then there are shitloads of bandaids when you only need to carry a handful as you'll replace them as necessary. There usually isn't enough gauze or medical tape to do you any good if you get a really bad cut or puncture. For a motorcycle kit you'll want a couple of stretch bandages like an ace bandage that usually aren't in the premade kits. Super glue is great to close up a wound in place of stitches when you're in a pinch and that's definitely not in the premade kits....

What you want for a motorcycle first aid kit is more of a trauma kit. Stuff to stop bleeding, immobilize injured limbs, disinfectant, maybe some burn cream, etc.

I still haven't tried it but I'm interested in the HJC FG-17 and I'm between S and M. I'm thinking of going to a dealer to try it on.

Those little boxes literally decide if you live or die. They need to be EM compliant, they need to endure vibrations for hours and hours and must keep working. A lot of work goes into ensuring that they don't fail at an inopportune moment, for obvious reasons.
If you think you can whip up your own, by all means go ahead. Don't be surprised if you find yourself wrapped around a tree because your engine wouldn't stop accelerating.

>must keep working
BUT IT DIDNT

that doesn't seem awful. To be fair what I use and like to have is mostly down to my training and the huge amount of supplies we have.
As I said I'd like to have some burnshield and instant ice pack in there, as well as some chlorhexidine to dinsifect (which I assume iodine does so it's alright), and maybe some of those small, single use water things that we use to clean eyes or stuff like that.

Yes, absolutely do try it on.

> FI fags still spouting the B-BUT IT NEVER DIES meme
> meanwhile on a carbed bike you just replace a cheap part in 15 minutes and you're good to go
L.O.L.
> mfw

>mfw it is a carbed bike
>CDI still required for ignition timing
>tfw fixing carb and electronics

>Super glue is great to close up a wound in place of stitches when you're in a pinch and that's definitely not in the premade kits....
"Liquid skin" is actually pretty great

What bike? Sounds retarded as shit.

pretty much every dirt bike made in the past 20 years

norfolk.craigslist.org/mcy/5762209254.html

without a doubt this one's got to have some issues f given the price and all..

I keep both on hand. Liquid skin is nice to use for small cuts in place of a bandaid but super glue dries quicker and bonds to your skin better when you have a more serious cut. I've found that liquid skin doesn't work so well when you're bleeding a lot.

Pic related, patched up my thumb when it got hacked with a machete.

lol that's nasty

Isn't there a bone there that would be broken?

Yes, it was incredibly painful.

I was using a machete to cut limbs off some bamboo so I could use them as garden stakes. I finished cutting the limbs and attempted to throw the machete down hard and stick it into the ground. It bounced off the ground, spun around, and slammed into my thumb blade first pretty hard. Pretty sure the blade hit the bone, I felt the impact throughout my whole body, got really shaky and lightheaded for a bit, thought I was gonna fall over or pass out.

I never went to the doctor, thumb hurt pretty bad for about a month so I might've chipped the bone a little.

>throwing sharp objects

come on now

that's some of the unluckiest shit i've heard of

Cbr250r
Idk desu senpai. I certainly wouldn't recommend the SV650 that I'm riding now because even though it's not >that< powerful, it has more torks than a 600 SS, and it has them lower so a noob would be guaranteed to wreck it.

But uh yeah, get a VTR250 because it's a 250 but it's also a naked bike and I think it's available with ABS, but that only matters if you'll be riding in the rain or on dirty roads

My 250 has lasted me over a year but it's complicated. See, if I were to just commute, ride on B roads, with no obligation of going fast, I would have no problem staying with the 250 for however long. But riding with other people, particularly people who ride bikes with more than 1 cylinder does put a strain on the 26 hp engine and might make you pull some stupid shit just to keep up

Tl;dr a 250 will make you do stupid shit due to peer pressure, a 650 will make you do stupid shit on your own

The twins

The ground was soft, I figured the machete would just stick in the ground and didn't really think it through. Sometimes you just have to learn a lesson the hard way : /

Honestly I think I'm lucky that it didn't go between some fingers and really fuck my hand up or hit my wrist and sever some tendons or arteries.

>riding with other people
One of the reasons why I want a bike is to be all by myself on some fucking mountain.

MAJESTIC

OEM parts prices are a bit of a racket. They are a profit center for the manufacturer, and the less reliable a part is, the MORE money they make. Foo.

I needed a new vacuum-pulse fuel pump for my SV650. Suzuzki wanted $190 list, a discount house had it for $95, but the exact same part (made by Mikuni) but with different bolt spacing was available from a snowmobile dealer for $35. But although Suzuki and Mikuni claim the pump is non-rebuildable, that same snowmobile dealer had a third-party rebuild kit for $7.

Fuck dealer parts.

I cannot get over how fucking huge that thing looks

its a big bike

Got my new baiku up and running after doing sprockets, chain, fluids, plugs, and rear tire and took it For its first ride
For someone who hasn't ever ridden more than 50cc/drives a very slow car this things got some hella pickup to it

UUUU

It isn't, I'm 1,73 and it's comfy.

Well, too bad :^)

it's not fair!

how come Japanese bikes look so much cooler than american bikes?

America can only make muh cruisers and muh touring bikes

cause its all fuckin cruisers, and you know cruisers are cool in their own way but. its just fucking cruisers.

Chicken tendies don't got shit over these bad boys

Also babysitting is overrated

Can someone answer the question in this post?
>How easily are wheels supposed to rotate when the bike is off? I'm wondering if the brakes aren't slightly "stuck" on...

Because americans are afraid of progress. Look at harley and their politicans

>muh outdated heritage

the fuck are these? ghetto empanadas?

Minchia I sofficini

Enchanted rock scares me sometimes since you can just like keep walking and at some point the slope will over come friction and you'll probably fall and die but where is that point? It's so subtle. Well not on all of it, but the steeper side.

Sofficini
Pure bliss when you're 6