Were 1950s America as good as people claim they were?

were 1950s America as good as people claim they were?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no internet

@ all those best epoch threads

get fkd

yes

Yeah if you were a white racist

Why would you ask a board full of teenagers and undergrads about their grandparents' era? Go to the senior home and ask an 80 year old about his adolescence.

>Implying they won't say yes because of nostolgia

That's about as useful as asking a """"90s kid""""" if TV was really better back in the day

TV really was better back in the day.
Seinfield still blows any gay 2010's sitcom out of the water.

>Seinfield

Frasier > Seinfield

Objectively wrong.

Oh, pardon me, MADAM, I wasn't aware we were in the presence of the Rrrrroyal Duchess of Queensbury. We shall send for a twit along the Thames forthwith.

Yes, if you were a middle-class adult white male.

So 99% of Veeky Forums.

Not really. Only around three quarters of Veeky Forums users are male and only about two thirds are white, and even fewer are what would be considered white in the 1950s.

Couple this with the fact that a shitton of Veeky Forums's userbase is made up of NEETs, nerds, and perverts. Remember, there was no "nerd" culture in the 50's, if you were an adult who like comics you were a social outcast and considered socially unappealing. If you were perverted or had strange fetishes you'd be ostracized by everyone. That includes being gay, by the way. No, the "boypussy" excuse does not fly in the 50's.

By the way, living with your parents was also considered shameful to a young adult, as was being single. Men were expected to support themselves - and a wife and child - during young adulthood. I guarantee you almost no one on Veeky Forums does that.

Basically everyone here would be an outcast, a reject of society. And back then, that wasn't cool. There was no rebellious counterculture. You weren't "punk", you were just a punk.

>Only around three quarters of Veeky Forums users are male and only about two thirds are white

[citation needed]

>spoonfeed me
google.com

You made the argument, give a citation or fuck off retard.

>There was no rebellious counterculture
>in the 1950's
why are you on Veeky Forums if you don't know any history?

>What is Always Sunny

Tbh a Veeky Forums neet in the 50s could have gotten work much more easily though and the perversions are mostly produced by seeing them on the internet in the first place.

Most of the things of scorn you state are partly a product of the modern lifestyle.

Not as good as Seinfeld

>Men were expected to support themselves - and a wife and child - during young adulthood.
In the 50s the economy and society was geared to allow just that. If you wanted to work, you'd find work and you'd be able to afford your own place. You might not be able to afford a car and luxuries, but a home was not a problem.

>he enjoys sitcoms
Thats where you fucked up