Does Veeky Forums go to car shows?

Does Veeky Forums go to car shows?

What do you think of them?

Other urls found in this thread:

exoticsat.com/
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15682555/#q15682555
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I really do appreciate that there are a whole bunch of dedicated guys out there who meticulously and lovingly maintain old cars. It's something i'd love to do one day(when i have the money of course. No surprise that these places are always full of boomers)

Other than muscle car shows,i always enjoy the excitement of large industry auto shows that feature everything from the latest in car desing, the next great market failure and sexy concept cars.

Lots of fun looking at clean classics also getting an up close look at today's supercars

I rarely bother with static events any more now that you can find tons of events with amateur autoX, drifting, and track days where you can actually drive your car and have fun rather than hard park and sit in a lawn chair.

>Does Veeky Forums go to car shows?

Lots of areas have "Drive Up" (aka "cruise-in") type car shows. Sometimes, those even regularly occur every month and have quite a few cars. In areas where there are lots of millionaires or wealthy families, you may even have car shows every week such as the Los Angeles area, San Fran, or Seattle. On the west coast, the biggest regular supercar shows that go on every week are in Los Angeles followed by Seattle (technically a suburb city of the seattle area). That weekly one is an organized cruise-in at Redmond Town Center (redmond as in microsoft). Those happen every Saturday. It claims to be the largest weekly car gathering event north of Los Angeles. Picture from that event.

-=@=- Exotics@RTC (Exotics at Redmond Town Center)
exoticsat.com/

I didn't even know of these events until I read about them in the local Veeky Forums Meet threads. If there is an Veeky Forums meet thread for your area, you might read them since they often discuss ideas of car-related events or places to visit. So even if you don't go to the Meet, you can find out about some things. An example of the august Meet for the seattle area:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15682555/#q15682555

In the previous Arizona Meet thread, there were various cruise-in car shows mentioned along with their locations. There was even a regular "classic and rare car" show in the phoenix area which included auctions of various rare or collectible cars. It was supposed to be one of the bigger such regular events in the country for such cars too. Since the cars are always changing, these types of car shows are suitable for "repeat watching" unlike static museum displays which don't even have owners standing by talking about their cars, restorations, and mods.

>go to car shows
only when they are near by
>what I think of them
I'm getting to bitter and jealous to enjoy them

Been to the midnight of the Oasis a couple times
It's ok BUT filled with fucking boomers about 60 percent of them bought the car the way it is or paid someone 80 percent of the cars there are either a Camara mustang or corvette
It just gets annoying when your walking down the row of cars and you can pretty much guess what the next one is going to be and what's in it
But there is alot of gems that make it worth all the generic cars

If they have nothing nearby walking distance then they are not worth it. Instead of overpriced vending, just go to the local restaurant.
Some shows take entire downtown inna small town so you can just dine with car parked or something.
Some car shows are honestly not even car shows but product conventions.
Show registration fee costs more than parking, but why would you ever pay for a free walk in event anyway?

Don't go to Association events, ever.

T. Carshow Partic

>Some car shows are honestly not even car shows but product conventions.

Those are the ones that schedule official venue places with high expenses like a convention center. So those are a bit obvious. But you can see some interesting new car-related products there. For example, I saw a tool that can read identification of cars from a distance. It doesn't need a license plate. It's a bit big brotherish.

Does anyone know of any NYC car shows?

Car shows are autism

I go to lots of meets/shows and they are pretty OK in my area, best one so far was Ice Cream Cruise because of the variety and large number of cars.

I live in Iowa so most meets are pretty shit, I would enjoy going out much more if more people actually came to our local meets, it's just the same 30 or so people coming out so it gets boring

I try to see at least one classic car show a year, but I avoid "tuner" shows like the plague

>went into a boomer car show last weekend
>won a tiny trophy and cleaning supplies

not bad experience desu

>boomer show
im waiting for you in a lawnchair next to my car to tell you my whole life story
>Tuner show
i will tell you all about my debadged plastidipped hyundai with rims, coilovers and cold air intake , also i have a sticker with my instagram account

kek

My friend got me to go to cars and coffee once, it was mostly faggots with mustangs doing burnouts.
Since then I don't even bother.

>I avoid "tuner" shows like the plague

I go to shows out of curiousity as well as wondering what people are doing in general with their cars. So I don't go for the purpose of trying to find some way to look down on other people enjoying their cars. It's my opinion that if I went anywhere with the attitude that I am not going to have a good time, then it will become self-fulfilling. I don't want to become some dried-up old fart full of bitterness at various things.

To me, tuners are just one more aspect of car culture. Some tuners tune a lot and push their engine longevity to the breaking point, and some do not push their engines. Some tune because they must since they have a different engine in that chassis and have to tweak for best matchup. To say tuners suck would be like saying engine swaps are not allowed because tuning is necessary in those cases.

Those "cars and coffee" things are too casual to be real meets. There really needs to be some sort of minimal effort needed and those "cars and coffee" things don't have it. Those are the types of things that attract people who were banned from other moderated meets for inappropriate behaviour. Those banned people or scammers have no where else to go but a cars and coffee.

What's the difference between car show and car meet?

painfully boomer

I accidentally kicked over one of those puppet things at a car show once. Why the fuck are they even a thing?

>Those "cars and coffee" things are too casual to be real meets.
I actually kinda agree with you on this. I went to Hot Import Nights, despite being a Domestic guy, and all the loud music and stands selling little trinkets and people showing off what they've done and the stuff going on at the stage, I liked the scene a lot more than domestic showes, cause it's just boomers with their 69 'cudas with their hoods open going "yerp, dem's numbers-matchin'". And despite that, there's always a lot more fun stuff going on