All right Veeky Forums, if you were to impart one piece of knowledge about cars that you thought nobody else knew about...

All right Veeky Forums, if you were to impart one piece of knowledge about cars that you thought nobody else knew about, what would it be?

There's always one more bolt.

I need more NOS.

Fwd can compete

beware the glass transmission

Never granny shift, always double clutch.

an alternator is just a hamster wheel powered by explosions

don't blow the welds on your intake.

dont buy car from blacks

Always saw off your exhaust.

Align your wing mirrors properly

I knew this since day one son

Two of the big ones

Get a job before you tinker with cars

When you're washing your vehicle, go in with a little brush and scrub out all the dirt / salt that sits inside of the fender lips. It only takes a minute and it's where all new vehicles rust first. Also respray it every year or two.

"Respray it every year or two"
That is the most retarded thing I've ever heard

NEVER USE A DUSTER.

Buy a 20 year old top of the line honda or Toyota and run it into the ground. Be amazed at how much value you get out if it

You can run a more aggressive cam without a terrible overlap-induced idle if you have ITBs

'Carrus' is Latin for a wheeled vehicle, 'Caruca' means carriage.

Now you know where the word 'car' comes from.

Adjust your mirrors so you can see your blind spot. It actually fucking works.

>not having school bus mirrors on your car

Pleb

Pushrods are shit
Turbos are superior to na and stupid chargers
America can't build good cars
Ecoboost is poop

Never go reaching around underneath the seat of used car because that's where people wipe their boogers.

lol @ turbos are superior then ending with turbos are poop

there is no such thing as the best car

If you want to work on cars, dont live in michigan.

Not at all. I grind and respray my fender wells and areas of my under carriage every spring.

My 1994 Silverado is still on the road looking brand new.

>ecoboost is poop
>turbos are superior

this is some shitty bait

Why not just grind it once and line-x or underseal it?

kek, almost bought a miata from these two black guys

>window was stuck down, and outside door handle was broken, so I guess they cancelled each other out
>airbag light "just a sensor bro"
>check engine light
>listing "like new"
while driving home I got a call from them, "So are you gonna buy it? Or what?"
>no
>"Why? You tryna just get a joyride off us mayn?"
Took a lot of restraint to not be rude and tell them off on all the faults on their shitty overpriced underdescribed miata

Because I hate doing the entire undercarriage every 5 years. This way, it's little by little and I can focus on problem areas.

I live in Ontario and the salt is horrendous.

But the main point of what I'm saying is to make sure you have a good coat of paint on your inner fenders and rocker panels and to take the time to wash them out.

Underrated post

Nothing is tighter than a good cross thread

That's what I meant senpai

Boggles my mind that I'd been doing it wrong for so long, and how many people don't have them aligned properly

Own really big tools. That nightmare job might become a cakewalk with enough leverage. Or not. It will always take longer than you expect.

(on that note, I bent a 3/4 thick pry bar putting springs in just two days ago. Fuck springs)

The socket you need the most will be missing. Every time.

Dont be a car guy, it sucks money from you, whatever car own will break down all the time and the car you actually want is unobtainable

Play an instrument instead and go to the gym instead, stay the fuck away from being a car hobbyist

this but too late

Nothing else satisfies on the same level.

All you need for your track project is good coilovers, new bushes and light wheels. Stripping weight is free.

Use all the thousands you were going to spend on impressive shit for Instagram to buy some top line Ohlins, Nitrons or Quantums.

How do you know what kind of suspension components/shocks to get for various purposes? I know hardly anything.

Is that a Roush?

Nothing is going to bolt straight on. Every expectation you have of when your project car is going to be done, throw it out the window and take it one step at a time.

They're all jerk-offs.

And drop their old needles

Research.

Forums are your friend, on my FD3S forum guys put up their alignment setting and all sorts.

Good place to start is:
>decent coilovers. Spend around $2,000
>front and rear suspension turret braces
>re-bush everything if car is over ten years old
>if you have single wishbone suspension get adjustable top-mounts

After that you start getting into adjustable tie rods, ARBs and so on. I know guys who have even made their own hubs to lower their COG without affecting the roll centre.

You don't reverse often, do you?
How do you even back up around corners with the mirrors aligned that way?
>not just looking over shoulder to check the blind spot

Washers are 15 cents a piece.
But you already have drill bits and a jar full of pennies....

>TFW GO TO GYM ALREADY
>TFW PLAY THE INSTRUMENTO TOO

IM SUCH A FREAK

He probably meant undercoating....