If they riced out the Ford Fusion Sport and gave it a manual, would it be a good WRX competitor? 325hp, 380trq, AWD

If they riced out the Ford Fusion Sport and gave it a manual, would it be a good WRX competitor? 325hp, 380trq, AWD.

>the RS exists

That's an STI killer and over 40k though.

They already do, in RWD too.

Its called the ford falcon and its only sold in fucking Australia for some reason though.

Top end one even comes with a supercharged V8

Why not just get a Mustang at that point

Ford Falcon Sprint
They literally combed through message boards and found all the whining and fixed it.
Not sure if fast.

Some people like being able to fit real people in the back seat.

Four doors more whores

>Ford doesn't sell this stateside

Fuck, i will never understand the business decisions of multinational corporations.

Probably. As far as mid sized family sedans go the Fusion already handles pretty fucking amazing and the build quality of them is pretty excellent. I imagine sacrificing some of the comfort for enhanced sport tuning could go far. It's riding on a Lincoln platform that was designed with the long term plan of throw a 400hp engine in so I'm sure the vehicles architecture is capable.

I don't get why they never sold it here either. Hell just make a LWB version and move the steering wheel to the other side and you have a new Crown Victoria. Police buyers would shit themselves.

>Ford Fusion
pigfat

>Fusion already handles pretty fucking amazing and the build quality of them is pretty excellent
All these delusions hahahahaha
>lincoln platform
Its a mazda chassis and engine you mong.
Its litterally a shitty, poorly built version of mazda 6

americans dont like v8 rwd manual sedans, just look at the sales of the chevy ss, got some good reviews but americans dont like fast sedans for some reason.

>1700kg car with 60% over the front wheels
>transverse V6

For a mid sized family car it definitely does handle fucking well. Compare it to a Camry or a Malibu.

The Fusion is riding on the CD4 platform. The CD3 was a Mazda 6. The CD4 was designed from the ground up as a new platform and was originally designed for Lincoln vehicles and became the basis for most Ford/Lincoln FWD vehicles during it's design phase at the height of the recession when Mulally launched his "One Ford" thing. The engine is a Mazda engine, the chassis isn't.

>American company gives Ausfags a better car than they give Americans

The SS didn't sell well because it's ugly as hell. The Charger is still selling like crazy.

>charger
>manual

I think its more because the SS is almost double the price of a base charger, which is 90% of chargers on the road.

>Mazda engine

it doesn't blow up anywhere nearly as often as the 2.3T DISIs so no its about as much of a mazda engine as the 4b11t in the evo x is a hyundai engine

>DISI
>blowing up without user error

Ford of Europe and Ford of Australia have always been superior to Ford of Burgers

>No F150
>No Mustang
>No Bronco
>No GT
>No Fun.

Kek

pretty sure this one is shopped but damn...

>the RS exists
>a 20k car with 20k options
>wants similarly built sedan
>another 20k car with 20k options

What exactly are you expecting? It would be the same thing with a trunk.

they cease production next month

NICE ASTON

IT IS A COOL CAR THO, LOVE THE STYLING.

Well the WRX is a compact sedan and the Fusion is a Mid Size sedan so, buy an RS.

Didn't read the thread, but a salesman at a ford dealership told me they were making a fast version of the fusion. Awd and 300 hp he said. Maybe he was talking out of his ass.

I really wish ford had balls to import this, like gm did with the SS, G8, and GTO

WHY ISN'T AMERICA ALLOWED TO DRIVE THESE?

That's literally what's pictured in the OP stupid

You can already buy them