Just starting to get into cars, falling for the manual meme and about to pick up an 04 Acura TL MT with 113k miles...

Just starting to get into cars, falling for the manual meme and about to pick up an 04 Acura TL MT with 113k miles. Is this too many?

It seems to have been taken care of but the guy put regular gas in it when it recommends premium.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S40o3-I-dDQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>fwd
Only weakspot in early tl's were the auto transmission. if manual you're good to go.

TL is a great car. I have an 06. Engine is damn near bulletproof, tranny is pretty decent if it's the 6MT, not so much auto. I've seen TLs hit 200k easy if you are up to date on maintenance. Only problems for that model are cracked dash, power steering hose (recall on it, dealer does it for free), and HFL vampire drain (which is an easy fix).

Never mind the FWD meme, that TL is so much better then the 3 series / C class / G35 equivalent. Good deal OP.

>better then the 3 series / C class / G35 equivalent.
lol

I think using regular could do some damage mane

Alright that's comforting.FWD wil lhel me in the snow too. So the owner using 87 octane regular is not really a big deal?

Ay so should i stay away?

Surprisingly he's not wrong.

Mine has 234k and runs awesome.

But should I stay away because of the old owner putting regular in it tho famalam

2004 328i has

I would desu, I've heard it can cause loss of hp and mpg, and the ecu will retune so it can run halfass on the wrong fuel

If he didn't beat the shit out of it not a huge problem.

It's just there to prevent knock.

I don't have an informed opinion about the regular/premium issue so I won't comment on that, but I am curious how much you'd be paying for this car since I'm looking for a first gen TL with manual transmission.

You could flush the entire fuel system and tune the ECU again just to be sure...if you are into that kind of stuff.

If the previous owner skimped on gas he likely skimped on maintenance.
Op should get a PPI at the very least.

Around 4700 USD my friend. At least that's what I hope to get it down to, no way I'm going more than $800-4900. This is converted from leafdollars btw.

Definitely getting one. Is there a list I should give the mechanic or If I mention I want a PPI he will know exactly what to do?

bumpity, please advise me anons

Yah I agree. If that checks out, I'd say go for it.

$4700 USD for a 2004 TL 6MT is a good deal. I've seen them range a bit higher, around 6/7k. Did he do the 105k maintenance? Make sure he has proof otherwise the price will spike $1500 for that alone. There's nothing else that's a big concern about it.

>manual meme
It's not a meme you nu-male

Get RWD too you cuck

youtube.com/watch?v=S40o3-I-dDQ

Same power, same weight (actually IS350 had more power), TL-S came out on top. Granted OP is buying a base, it's still capable of hitting 60s in the mid 5s. Fastest 4 door sports sedan in its price range back in the day.

I agree he needs to get manual over auto thou. Must have in the older cars.

BTW a Civic literally posted the same time as an M3 CSL on the Ring. RWD doesn't really dominate unless the platform is mid/rear engine. The balance is thrown off. Great for going sideways, not so much for hot laps.

>flush it

Run three tanks of premium through it and let it get as empty as possible before each fill. Then reset the ecu. Putting 87 in it did nothing but defaultly retard the timing every time you start it up