ITT: Small problems/details that completely ruin a car for you

ITT: Small problems/details that completely ruin a car for you.

For me it's downwards facing exhausts, they look fucking awful.

>quarter panel rust
>only on one side
I'm sorry miats
I wish I could help you

>downward facing exhaust
>BMW

It's a diesel.

oh, I like them

Yeah, 530d, doesn't stop it from looking shitty. Modern diesels come with straight tips.

Front license plate and their drill holes/drilled in holders.

I just hate how it ruins the look of the front end of cars. HOWEVER, a good example of it done right is pic related. This looks like it was designed into the car instead of being slapped on later as an afterthought. I wish all manufacturers did something like this.

Lack of EcoBoost.

This is more of a punishment to people who don't need front license plates isn't it? Like the FD RX7 front bumper

Not necessarily. My E39 528i had downward facing exhaust. Looked stupid

because they have DPFs
E39s don't.

maybe someone put on a diesel exhaust?

Not from factory

The thing is, that design I posted was built with the car in mind. It looks like it belongs there. It's an option to have front plates or not and there's no stupid drill holes if you bought it from a front plate state.

Clips for plates that are put on the car just hang out there like dirty laundry.

like a limp dick

yes from the factory
they had hidden exhaust

Asymmetrical rear lights.

one is fog light, once is reverse light. Blame the stupid safety laws, not the car design.

But that's fucking retarded. Why have double reverse lights existed since the 1950's but now it's too hard? Are they that lazy and cheap that they just put one on each side and call it a day?

congrats on getting the best 5 series platform ever imo

but how come you got the baby engine? you can get a good example of a 540i/6 for around 5k :/

>one reverse light

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>recirculating ball steering

I knew people complained about that with the e34 but the e39 was still using it?

Shape of the headlights.

>what is manufacturing cost
>what is rationalizing

Only the V8s

That cunt. I hate to have it on my car.

Not having a manual transmission

When the back windows don't roll all the way down into the door. Vehicle is ruined then.

Because there was no 540i in my area for the 12 months I was looking for an E39?

thats what kills the late gen mr2 for me

do you prefer slanted anggggrrry looking headlights?

Giant headlights that extend halfway towards the windshield, and rear lights that do the same.

I'm not saying all lights need to be slim works of modern art, but giant headlights only work when the actual unit inside is good looking.

ty for the (you)

also yeah sorry dude, stellar car tho regardless

It was comfy as fug, but too slow and constant camshaft sensor issues making it even slower

Have another (You) desu they're free

>528i
>slow

Top fuel dragster driver spotted.