Hey Veeky Forums, so new to this board. But i recently purchased a 2013 Ford Taurus Limited for 16,250...

Hey Veeky Forums, so new to this board. But i recently purchased a 2013 Ford Taurus Limited for 16,250. Really interested in fixing it up to get some decent power. I'm a volunteer Firefighter and have intentions on adding a Sentina Push bar, getting some interceptor rims and LED's to use while responding to incidents. Anyway, haven't been much into auto's. My knowledge stops at basic self maintenance of vehicles. Firearms are more my alley. So any advice of what adjustments I can make to increase HP, reliability, performance in general from least to most cost. Thanks for any advice you guys have. I'll also take comments on experience with Taurus' and what things I could expect from it.

>decent power

You either have a slightly smaller mustang V6 (3.5 vs 3.7) or an ecoboost i4 with 48 less horsepower but 16 foot pounds more torque, and the torque is available down low thanks to the turbo.

In short, if 3.5 V6. There's not much too be done, maybe you can find a tune for it for premium fuel to get it close to 300 hp. But honestly, nothing you do to it will make it much faster than it is.

If 2.0 i4 then I'd assume there exist tunes that add at least 40 more hp and 40 lbs torque.

The turbo i4 by far would be the one to get if you wanted to increase the performance significantly.

There's no point in adding any performance mods to this vehicle. Maybe a chip that boomers always talk about but that's it. Your automatic transmission will restrict any power you add to this car. You anesthetic ideas for the outside I'm all for. Post a pic when your done. Thank you for your service

it's not really lacking in the first place. Either engine will probably get you 0-60 in 6 second territory which is relatively quick compared to most cars on the road.

To add to my first post, V6: 93 octane performance tune, cold air intake, engine bay stabilizer brace and that's about it. any further and you are looking at doing custom work yourself like supercharger or adding a turbo.

Yeah, it's just their non turbo 3.5 V6. I didn't think I'd be hitting 400+ or anything it. Just maybe a little more get up and go. I've been talking with some of the pd in our town since they're using Tarus' as their patrol vehicles and I haven't gotten much. Would putting a aftermarket Turbo in do anything? Sorry for the dumb question, again my knowledge about auto's is very limited.

That's also something I was curious about. Should I religiously stick to higher quality gas? My last car was a shitty little commuter so always went with regular.

Your info is outdated.

"Chips" are not a thing anymore. That's an 80s/90s meme. OBD-2 makes that obsolete.

The tranny in that taurus will have no issue with an extra 40-50 hp from a tune if it's the i4. Again, this isn't your dads Taurus. It uses a modern trans and if I cared to look into it, probably one at least as robust as the the mustang automatic trans since the engine output isn't similar between the two v6s.

The car can take extra power, it's just that it will be financially autistic to get it to a point where it's noticeable, if it's the v6.

Get it tuned, get the transmission tuned, maybe add a cold air intake and you MIGHT feel a difference with faster shits and an extra 10 HP.

>I didn't bother to read
>I'm retarded
The post.

Well yeah the police just drive what they get, I'm sure lots use the 3.5 ecoboost. That's the one to get, if you want performance.

The departments don't do Shit to them performance wise, they come with everything they need with the police package from Ford.

Don't even think about adding a turbo or anything like that. By the time you do all that, or even find a shop willing to take on that task you'll probably be waiting months and be 5k dollars worse off.

This is not a car you just "turbo". It's not that simple.

Again,

Tune
Cold air intake
Engine bay stabilizer brace bar

That's it, go no further. By the time you get the car to the power you want, you could have had a damn mustang GT for the money spent.

What are you talking about, you spouted boomer tier garbage in your earlier post.

Mass produced Manuals are actually weaker than auto trans on average these days...

Liberal 30 something year old automatic American car owner detected.

Uh no....

It's known the manuals in the recent mustang GTs were garbage and had issues often...

Look at some towing capacity charts for ford tucks back when they even offered manuals, manuals are rated for literally half the capacity of the autos.

Guys are running supercharged 3.7 mustangs near 400 hp on the stock 6 speed auto...

Guess what else you dumb fucker, the 4 speed auto in my heavily modified 5.0 1998 explorer handles 400 HP just fine, the transfer case is rated for ~700 HP per ford documentation...

So next time you want to talk shit, actually KNOW what you are talking about.

Who's talking shit? Only person talking shit is your Ford loving Ass.
>heavily modified 1998 5.0 4 speed auto crapshit explorer
Don't make me fucking laugh.
And no one gives a fuck I don't care about Ford. You went through hoops to write your paragraphs which were un needed.

>And no one gives a fuck I don't care about Ford. You went through hoops to write your paragraphs which were un needed.

And you provided nothing in your post but a ton of salt.

Give your self a round of applause.

Gotcha. Thanks a ton for your input. Appreciate it. And the should I stick with premium gas on it to keep good performance?

This is salt.

Looks like I hit a nerve.

Good try though.

>It's known everything ferd makes is garbage and has issues often...
Fixed that for you

Nevermind, just re-read your posts. So for tuning, could you go into detail on what that entails? Sorry again for the dumb questions.

Op replied to his own reply

It's 1 in the morning. ):

You'll need to get an SCT tuner and find a company that does tunes for the ford 3.5.

The 3.5 is the mustang 3.7 so it certainly could be tuned to run 93 octane it's just that you'll need to find a company that has done the research and work of tuning a 3.5.

Hahahaha volly hose dragger wants to make his car look cool so he can "respond" in it, i bet youre onenof those gear queers over on /k/ too. Throwing money at shit to make you look like you know what youre doing when really when youre a retard. I bet the paid firefighters laughed at your new car so youre trying to make it cool to justify wasting money on a ford hahaha youre pathetic

This. Op is literally a crown Vic autist with money for an updated cop car

btw that fwd Taurus transmission is garbage. Don't even try a custom turbo or else them cv joints or trans will snap on you.

>buying the new pigfat taurus over a panther
kill yourself. the taurus suffers from shitty modern car design and a shitty fwd drivetrain and small back seats.