Whats the deal with Amerifats not being trusted to overtake?

Whats the deal with Amerifats not being trusted to overtake?

You're telling me if I was out tearing shit up in a Vette and I caught up to a Minivan doing 30 under the speed limit, even if there's a huge straight where I could drop a gear and have the overtake done in less than 3 seconds, shit is illegal because double yellows?

Dumbest shit in the world.

Bump :^)

It's been my experience that No Passing zones are well placed and almost shorter than they should be due to visibility issues that may not be readily apparent. Particularly at night. Yes, you may be able to get around that minivan with no oncoming traffic but what if there's a van full of kids coming back from camp hiding in a low spot that you couldn't see due to the way the road lies even though it looked flat and straight? Happens way too often because somebody is an impatient asshole and can't wait for a passing zone.

Because our country actually has beautiful scenery and not filled with designated shitting streets and mud hut villas

>Yes, you may be able to get around that minivan with no oncoming traffic but what if there's a van full of kids coming back from camp hiding in a low spot that you couldn't see due to the way the road lies even though it looked flat and straight? Happens way too often because somebody is an impatient asshole and can't wait for a passing zone.
If you choose to overtake in a section of the road that has dips and crests in it that blocks other cars from view you get whats coming to you.

I'm talking about the places where it's obvious it's 100% safe to overtake short of the moron in front of you driving in the middle of the road.

>passing on a 2 lane bridge

Whats the problem with that?

The obvious issue of "if you fuck up, you're taking everyone else into the river too"

What happened to >muh freedom?

See those curves approaching the bridge? You honestly think that bridge is a safe place to pass, especially considering there's nowhere to go if you fuck up?

>those
>curves

M80 I'd be flying through that at the top of fourth.

I don't need to make that point, you obviously already understand it.
I thought Euros were more educated than this.

>nowhere to go if you fuck up
So pretty much the same as any other road. Also i know americans cannot corner, but thats hardly much of a curve.

So America should ban things just because they might be a little dangerous...?

>Amerifats think pic related is a 20mph zone

Passing isn't banned, it's simply not allowed like it is in the third world.

>not banned
>not allowed

user...

No one enforces the double yellow lines, pass when you think it's safe, fuck the lines. But if you wreck while passing it's entirely you're fault

When you see the startlingly low standards of driving in Dumbfuckistan, you realise why they have to wrap the fat retards up in cotton-wool.

That's probably full steering lock in your .9l diesel shitbucket hatch

That doesn't look like a long enough straight to overtake to you? Do you drive pic related?

Because Amerilards are the dumbest fucknuggets in the world and need to be coddled to protect their nigger brains

I can tell you can't into gearing

The top of fourth in a Civic and the top of fourth in a vette yield two completely different speeds.

Top of 4th in a 9 seconds to 60 Euroshitbox is 100mph, thats plenty fast for that road it looks like.

You're allowed to overtake as long as you have clear vision of the other side and there is no explicit 'Do Not Pass' sign. Double solids but no sign means you can pass.

At least in PA.

what's the point of having double solids if they're meaningless

I don't think I've seen double yellows outside of somewhere fairly logical. Mostly the appear around corners and bends to remind people not to pass there. Every once in a while I'll see a solid yellow and dotted line switching back and forth on a straightaway every half mile or so, allowing only one side to pass at any given time.

They're not meaningless. The people making the regulation had a different idea than the people who exploit it as a loophole.

You're not supposed to pass the car going 5 mph over the speed limit because you want to go 110. You're supposed to pass the farm truck going 10 mph under the speed limit with its hazards on.

However, if you are that dude that passes the car that's already going fast enough and get pulled over you won't get cited for an illegal pass. You'll get cited for speeding only.

Source: Live in rural PA and was pulled over for speeding even though I was driving on the wrong side of the road.

That's stupid. The point is to show you where it's safe or not, nothing more. Drivers are expected to think for themselves.

Top of fourth in my 172 is about 110. Generally I don't look at the speedo when I'm doing that.

Top of fourth in my FD3S is OHSHITOHSHITOHSHITOHSHIT

Drive more, I've seen double yellows on long straits where they aren't needed. Used to see people pass/get passed all the time. Like another user said it's not really enforced just don't crash and kill everyone

You can pass, you just can't pass whenever you want.

I live in the United States.
Passing is legal over the double yellow if done quickly without exceeding the spped limit.

I didn't think PA had the same law, but maybe they do? I thought we were the only ones.

It was put in place for having to overtake farm equipment

What's the point of this thread? Everywhere in Europe there are double solids at certain places on the road.

That and you can pretty clearly see in the picture there's a dip and some foliage after the bridge. Bridge + no visibility of oncoming traffic + rural road (55mph speed limit, everybody goes 60 or 65, that's over 100 km/h which I know some of you euroshits can't even reach in your econoboxes), it makes sense to mark that as a no-passing.

DUDE AMERICANS LMAO

Laws are made to cater to the lowest common denominator. Not people with common sense. They protect stupid people from themselves.

>Whats the deal with Amerifats not being trusted to overtake?

You are complaining about not being allowed to pass on a bridge. Obviously, the roadway closely leading to the bridge would also be marked "do not pass"

OP illustrates yet another problem. Despite having the road and bridge right in front of him. he refused to recognize that passing on a bridge is a bad thing. This shows poor judgement and is another example of why america has a lot of stupid accidents due to arrogant drivers.

>trusting amercan'ts with anything

Passing zones (and by extension, speed limits etc) are designed for the lowest common denominator.

So if Debbie in her beat up 90's Corolla running on three cylinders can't pass safely in a given space then it'll be made solid lines so nobody can.

Code is commercial.

As an Amerifat I acknowledge this as a serious problem. Thankfully they're almost never patrolled so you don't really need to do the speed limit. But holy shit when you get stuck behind someone that thinks even going 20 is too fast so they decide to go slower, it's a fucking nightmare.
>passing on a blind turn
Nope.

It really boils down to context more than anything. When the pilgrims inhabited the area I currently live in, they decided to fucking ruin everything with the most ass backwards horse trails spanning the entire northeast. The retards that spawned in the following generations decided to pave these roads instead of make new ones and now we have millions of people living in carved out woods with narrow/single lane roads everywhere. People pass to get around garbage trucks, mail trucks, UPS truck making a fucking delivery, or any other reason imaginable because this place is such a disaster. But yes, if you're stuck behind a mini van going the speed limit, you can't pass and you'll be ticketed for it if you get caught.

Two reasons:

- Interstates go everywhere relevant for most of the time and even state roads are still divided.

- Trucks usually have the same speed limit as cars, so unless you run into a very annoying person you'll still be driving at the speed limit.

Honorable mentions include that the no overtake regions are short enough and usually there is little traffic in roads that have no overtake regions.

To be honest there are a lot of issues with American roads like their quality and stupid amount of noise they make compared to European roads but this isn't one of the important issues.

Poo in loo

If.it's obvious you could overtake then there won't be double yellows. Double yellows are only for curves and blind crests.

Ive seen euro cucks drive on these kinds of roads, they go 20KPH.

>main road to my city
>dotted lines at blind corners and over small hills with no visibility
>solid yellows at straights and very slight corners with good visibility

I don't even

you can be free, just not whenever you want to be?

hey dumb ass, double yellows are usually place in areas that are unsafe to pass such as blind corners, hills, heavy traffic areas. Source: actual American driver.