About a week ago I posted a thread asking how to put this engine (5S-FE from a 1996 Camry) into my 2000 Camry and got a...

About a week ago I posted a thread asking how to put this engine (5S-FE from a 1996 Camry) into my 2000 Camry and got a lot of really helpful advice. Circumstances have changed, and I don't have the time or space to rebuild both engines anymore. However, I found a 1996 Lexus ES 300 that I can afford for sale down the street from where my brother works, and he still has the engine that's pictured above in the bed of his pickup. So here's my question: Could he bring me by that dealership on his way to work, have them put that engine into the Lexus, then I could buy it and drive it home? There's a ton of info on the engine and the car here:
turboninjas.com/camry/
I just don't understand any of it well enough to know if it would work.

>Could he bring me by that dealership on his way to work, have them put that engine into the Lexus, then I could buy it and drive it home?

i don't think so dude. i think you're best bet is to sell the gen 3 engine, save up for to swap the correct engine in your camry. either that or buy another shitbox

>Could he bring me by that dealership on his way to work, have them put that engine into the Lexus, then I could buy it and drive it home?

this is how we know your a kid/ retarded

omg op you need a better plan. get with it!

Ahhhh, there's the classic Veeky Forums response I somehow managed to avoid last time! Everybody in my last thread had all this weird "common courtesy" stuff that just seemed so... out of place here.

>I don't have the time or space to rebuild both engines
No one recommended that you rebuilding either engine. What we recommended was that you put the intake and exhaust from your car onto the donor engine.

I don't think I understand the question.

So, you have a Camry with a blown engine?
And then you bought a new engine for it?
And now you don't have time to put the new engine in it?
So now you're going to buy a different car with a blown engine in it?
And you expect the dealership to perform a V6 to I4 engine swap?
And you expect the dealership to use unknown mileage, customer provided parts?
And you expect this to somehow be cheaper than buying a running car?
And you're expecting to buy a car that you can't test drive and have nothing else be wrong with it?

I'm not even sure you understand what it is you're asking.

you probably didnt post dumb shit like that last time

you probably asked valid questions about an easy swap and got some easily googled answers

fuck off

I thought I remembered several people saying I'd need to strip them both down to the block, lay out the parts, and combine them into one working/compatible engine. I'm stuck in a condo with no workspace right now, and my brother's moving somewhere else, but he doesn't know where yet. So I need to either completely fix my car or scrap it before then. I'd hoped that a 96 ES300 would be similar enough to a 96 Camry to do a straight swap. I don't exactly have a lot of options. I guess I'll just sell the car and both engines to a salvage yard and drop a couple hundred dollars on something inspectable for the winter.

Either you don't understand how much work goes into a rebuild or you think swapping over a bunch of manifolds and accessories is a lot more work than it actually is. I'm assuming the latter since you seem to be afraid of literally the easiest part of this entire fiasco. You don't need any more workspace than the bed of your brother's truck and one of the engines is already there.

>I'd hoped that a 96 ES300 would be similar enough to a 96 Camry to do a straight swap

just keep posting bro
your really funny

i mean, i feel bad laughing, because you might legitimately be retarded

That bitch has a big ass head with a small ass face

I totally posted dumb shit like that last time. I asked completely uninformed questions that made no sense about a pain in the ass swap that required a lead tech to post several dozen workshop manuals to explain. And yet somehow nobody got pissed off at me for not genetically inheriting an ASE Certification. I don't know anything about cars except that I need to own a functional one in order to maintain any kind of standard of living. Also, I'm pretty sure that one of the main ways that people learn things and collectively progress as a civilized species is by asking questions and utilizing relevant information from the answers they receive. More to the point, fuck off buddy.

Holy shit OP. Dealership technician here, would tell you to get fucked/10.
Thas not how dealerships work. Fuck, that's not even how speed shops work.

I think you don't fully understand the depth of swapping a different engine into a car.

>I don't know anything about cars except that I need to own a functional one in order to maintain any kind of standard of living.

yea well shitposting here aint gonna help that
your gonna have to actually try to learn some of this shit yourself
your gonna have to use google and sift through shit
your gonna have to ask a different website to spoonfeed you

>Also, I'm pretty sure that one of the main ways that people learn things and collectively progress as a civilized species is by asking questions and utilizing relevant information from the answers they receive

ohh, i see, your from reddit
yea we get influxes of redditors from time to time
shit, some of them post here pretty often
i'm betting thats who you were getting spoonfed by in the last thread

99% of the responses here will be: FUCK OFF

You're not fucked OP, in fact, you've got it easy. As you previously posted, the donor engine is the same as the one in your car except for the fuel injection and ignition. Just swap that stuff from your existing engine and you are good to go. Don't give up like a faggot.

Exactly that, actually. If it's really that simple, that's awesome! I can pretty much keep my tires inflated and put gas in the tank, that's about the full extent of my mechanical knowledge.

Do you have any tools?

>lexus es300
>v6

>96 camry
>inline 4

No you cannot just swap the fucking engines.

First off, don't feel bad. I'm genuinely dumb as hell. Second, you should see the first thread I did, there's some real zingers in that thing!

One of my favorites is when I didn't know what valves were and thought that I'd lose most of them if I swapped the heads, which I didn't even need to do. Glad you're mature enough to laugh at my wacky hijinks instead of, you know, telling me to kill myself. Life should be fun, right?

>asking questions and utilizing relevant information from the answers they receive
So why aren't you getting to work and asking questions as you go?

I don't even remotely understand the depth of swapping a different engine into a car. Also, I thought it had the same engine. Totally wrong, huih?

huh*

not only that but the concept of a dealership swapping an engine into a car that it was not even made for, let alone into a car theyre currently trying to sell, is silly as hell dude.

>silly as hell
we call that functioning autism

kill yourself

...I am? I asked if a 96 Camry engine could go into a 96 ES300. Turns out it can't. I learned that today! ^_^

Good to know!

Awwwww, you said two things that made me kinda sad...

Also, in my own pointless defense, I've mentioned few times here that I'm an idiot and thought that they were the same engine. I thought I saw somewhere that certain ES300's had 5S-FE engines, and they were both the same year, so I made an assumption and figured I'd ask people who knew more about it than I did whether or not my guess was right. The first response I got was pretty funny, because I knew it was a stupid question when I asked it. But I figured not asking wouldn't get me too much further than I already was. The second response was actually pretty helpful. You know, it answered a yes-or-no question and offered an alternative option. 98% of everything after that wasn't really necessary.