>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webms
>Motorcycle maymays

/dbt/ map: Meet and compare willie size
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator: will I look cool on it?
>cycle-ergo.com/

Sticky:
β†’ β†’ β†’

Boring gifums with sounds:
Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tcOUeoiYwIg
cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/5724575174.html
chambana.craigslist.org/mcy/5768456993.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

staple tapeworms on my penis

youtube.com/watch?v=tcOUeoiYwIg

Third for BMW

>tfw biggest bike is 448CC
Soon. cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/5724575174.html

aprilia yay

best 600 coming through

Daily reminder not to forget about some little things.

What is the best number of pistons for you ? 1,2,3,4,...?

Would go for 3 personally

>500-750cc

>Implying i dont already have my dream 800cc baiku.

looks like the "hurdurgring" was added in paint on your pic

I don't know the difference, like how does a single feels compared to a twin with the same displacement?

6 for sound
4 for speed
3 for special snowflake
2 for daily
1 for dirt

grill

very nice observation

Get these squid whores off the bike

fucking squids

o no

Twin usually revs higher, is smoother, has less low end torque, more peak hp.

fucking hipsters

>aprilia girl

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL YEAHHHHHHH

Do you think she's a virgin

>tfw no qt ATGATT motorcycle gf

I didn't want this feel /dbt/...

no bike girls are never vergens

a lot of girls arent

im a virgin

but im not a girl

Well they feel nothing alike, the mono will have low end torque and mid rev power while the twin will have nothing low end and power high end, both usually share a short gearing due to the low reach of the motor.

some really high displacement twins (seen on fat cruisers) have lot of low end power and torque but no single exists at these volumes.(1000-2000 cm^3)

In short : the mono will wheelie at low revs while the twin will fill the rev meter fast as fuck but with power mainly on the high end of it.

The bike broke her hymen bro.

>open face helmet

because it's hard to suck dick with a full face helmet amirite?

me too.

Xth for fuck BMW parts

Does that trend continue as you add more cylinders?

1 for

>talking to grill on tinder that likes motorbikes

apriliuhhhh

When will we finally be able to have this ?
I've waited for this all my life. The first, and only, decent electric bike, with SPEED, and RANGE.

(I would start considering ZERO when they stop being slower than a 250cc, with no highway range, and go around those overheating issues and random reboots )

Have you tried wheelies to forget the feelies?

You don't want this one, you want one when the technology has matured.

Play it cool, go out for tacos and then wine at her place.

>been doing pretty much nothing but riding twisties for the past four days
>get home
>working on job applications
>just want to go ride more twisties

I almost died today racing a Prius down Skyline drive. Dude was squealing through every corner on what looked like stock tires. He never got away from me, but his entry speeds were nuts for that fucking vehicle.

The reach goes further at each cylinder you add, for example the redline of a single 660 is ~7000 while the redline of a 4cylinder 600 is ~12000

a 3 is smooth at low regimes and has linear power delivery along the revs
a 4 has exponential power delivery (hence why it's really fun to blast in a straight line) along the revs and can go really high

when you get 5,6,8... you have even more top speed and reach usually but big inertia and friction at low speed/revs

he was probably just lost

>100 mi range
Give me one reason to buy this

This particular one model already matured for 8 years and seem to have none of the ZERO problem. Here a whole company only concentrate on one single product.

But to be sure, I need to test the thing, which mean they have to be shipped to dealers and i can't wait

More or less. That's why 600cc inline 4 cylinder bikes have very little power until their rpm's are sky high and Triumph's inline 3 cylinder engines in the Daytona and Street Triple have more mid range torque in comparison yet roughly the same amount of top end HP.

A general rule of thumb is that as piston size increases, the bike produces more low-mid range torque and as the number of pistons increase the bike will rev higher and have more top end power. That's why 500cc-650cc thumpers make a lot of torque down low and pull hard with just a flick of the wrist even at low rpms but then they run out of power pretty quickly in the upper part of their rpm range.

No way, dude was definitely a local tofu deliver boy.

Thank you sensei. What about configurations like parallel vs inline?

>tfw bad at wheelies and can only pop the wheel up momentarily but can't ever ride one out

just stop, I can't handle these feels anymore

It will be the freshest meme in a few months

I was about to call fucking bullshit on this but I realize you're assuming displacement stays the same yes?

Yes that was the question.

>not dream 300

Anyone else's parents flip out when they got a bike?

Dad gave me a bike (:

Nope. Then again I was 24 when I got my first motorcycle. My dad rode in the 70's through the early 80's so that probably helped though. My mom actually said, "Well, I was just surprised it took you this long to get one."

No, everyone in my family rides.

>quotation marks
>no ΓΌ
you quoted wrong, user.

My mothers uncle she never met died in motorbike accident so of course her dad was incredibly anti-bike. When I told her she was listing all the reasons I shouldn't get one but she knew she couldn't really stop me.

They don't like it but they didn't really flip out.

no, my parents were alright with it

Also i'm not a mechanical engineer, i just simplified

I don't have enough knowledge on this but its really a smooth balance between wanting the crankshaft to accelerate differently, being smooth or torquey, and vibrations ( like theorically jumping with both feet on one pedal on your bike or normally pedaling for smooth delivery but at the price of some power)

When you see pic related, you can sense that the piston delivers his mechanical energy in a non linear way ( like pushing hard suddently then less and less until retracting), combining a different number of pistons like this and making them fire at different times makes a lot of possibilities

I don't talk to my mother and my father would prefer me to not spend money on anything, not just bikes.

>tfw I have

My mother is dead and my father told me he hopes I die on that bike

Wait until he dies and do a sikk burnout on his grave with your motorcycle.

No need to, I already cut him out of my life.

I distinctly remember when the Saturday forecast said
Sun 31 clear
Mon Rain
Tues 31 clear

monday it rained, today it rained, and 31 clear is gone for the season it seems. Sux

Nope. Got first bike when I was 20, I had been asking permission to buy a bike years before but they said no so I just bought helmet/jacket and saved up money. When I was a kid I always wanted a quad/dirt bike so I guess they weren't too surprised when I started getting serious about it as a teen.
My dad rode dirt bikes in the 70's/80's and I bought a dual sport so that helped.

chambana.craigslist.org/mcy/5768456993.html

>within walking distance
>been looking for a dual sport
>not badly priced
if only it didn't look like shit and was a 650

Thoughts/opinions? Should I do it but offer like $700?

Yes.
>SELL IT, JUST SELL IT QUICK, BUY AN ECONOBOX, EVERYONE IN THE FAMILY WILL SUBSIDIZE THAT BUT SELL THE BIKE
joke's on you mom, I'm gonna buy a twingo AND another bike.

>2 months later
>listen user, if you're keeping it we ought to build at least a covered parking place for it, i'd been wanting to redesign the front yard anyway

that's bipolar disorder for ya

Fuck, sorry but that made me laugh.
>he rode a bike
>won't let his son ride one
Why do they do this?

because motorcycles are dangerous and hed rather not see his son dead

Those DR350's are supposed to be good bikes. It is kinda beat up though, I'd say $900 - $1000 would be a good price for it. Be sure to follow proper break-in procedures if you do end up getting it. I'd probably get new foam and re-cover that seat and then ride the shit out of it.

New guy here. Not really an Veeky Forums guy and don't know shit about bikes or cars except that how to check the oil and tire pressure on my pickup.

Anyways, a lot of my coworkers ride and they keep telling me how much fun riding is and I've been browsing here looking at the basics. So basically to start out its
>buy full gear that fits
>take a class
>get motorcycle endorsement on license
>buy starter bike
>learn good habits
>enjoy

Well I'm at step 1. What beginner gear do I need to be safe? Should I mention to my coworkers I'm willing to start riding or should I avoid doing that just yet? And how much is insurance typically for a new rider?

>first time riding a bike
>in the rain
>after realizing that the fuel petcock was left to "off" and figuring out how to operate the choke properly
>realize why people don't recommend supersports after accidentally-ing the throttle in first gear and nearly pulling a wheelie downshifting
>oil light didn't turn off, oil level is good

welp

They ought to be solid bikes. It's incredibly beat up, needs a reupholster, looks dirty, shit's probably scratched beneath the stickers...

Besides the seat and other cosmetics, rust etc, what would you do to break in besides providing a wide range of revs? Clear tank, clean carbs?

I just don't like how it had a top end redone, could be a 20k frame or something.

jacket
pants
gloves
helmet
boots

you could skimp out on the pants and just wear jeans but just know if you fall youll be serving up some nice chicken strips for dinner

>oil light didn't turn off, oil level is good

pro-tip, that's the oil pressure light, rip

>What beginner gear do I need to be safe?
Boots, pants, jacket, gloves, HELMET
>Should I mention to my coworkers I'm willing to start riding or should I avoid doing that just yet?
Depends on how autistic you are. For real though they'll be a good resource.
>And how much is insurance typically for a new rider?
Varies wildly, I pay 70 euro per annum, there's people here who spend more than ten times that.

i know

but it was five minutes and it still needed to be at half-choke, so it might still be good, or it might need an oil change and filter to start

>What beginner gear do I need to be safe?

Full face helmet, motorcycle glove, motorcycle jacket with CE approved armor for your elbows & shoulders, and leather boots that go above your ankles are the bare minimum. You'd be better off with motorcycle specific boots and motorcycle pants that have hip and knee armor.

>Should I mention to my coworkers I'm willing to start riding or should I avoid doing that just yet?

It depends I guess.. Are they Harley riders that talk shit about anyone who rides a motorcycle not built by Harley Davidson? Do they ride without gear or do stupid stuff like weave through traffic at high speeds? If so then I'd avoid telling them that you want to get into motorcycling because they'll probably give you bad advice. If they seem cool, ride responsibly, and wear proper gear then definitely tell them and ask their advice.

>And how much is insurance typically for a new rider?

Depends on a lot of different factors -- age, engine displacement, style of motorcycle, driving record, the value of the bike you'll be starting on, etc.

If you buy a cheap, used 650 v-twin sport bike or naked standard or an older jap cruiser or UJM then you would only need to get liability insurance on the bike and it'd be VERY expensive. My '93 Vulcan 500 only cost like $80/yr to insure with liability only insurance at age 24 with a less-than-perfect driving record. Now with full coverage on both my DR650 and Vulcan 500 I'm paying about $400/yr.

Pretty autistic. And should I get a beginner bike that is new or used? I can easily afford the payments on a new one. Safety and learning is important to me so I'm leaning towards new.

Everything is dangerous. Only retards reason in such a way. Will you stop your son from doing anything that's even remotely dangerous? He could die walking on the sidewalk without having ever liven his life.

Even worse, someday you find yourself asking how come your life passed before your eyes without you doing anything significant or trying all those things you desired, like riding a motorcycle.

Stop castrating your children.

They don't ride Harley's. Most wear full helmets and jackets but as I only see them coming to work they wear work pants and boots.

For a break in just don't flog the shit out of it and provide a wide range of revs (don't ride it on the highway at 60-70 mph for hours on end). Use conventional motor oil and change oil + filter at 500 mile intervals for about 1k miles then you can switch to synthetic oil if you want and follow regular maintenance intervals.

Top end rebuilds aren't that big of a deal. I'd talk to the guy and see what exactly was done during the "rebuild" and try to get a feel of if he knew what he was doing and did a proper job of it or if he's some dumbass who probably fucked something up.

>sidewalk is as dangerous as motorcycle
Only retards don't understand statistics

But bigger retards can't accept that other human beings are not little bundles of resources that must be preserved for personal enjoyment, but individual people who have their own lives to live until they die

/dbt/, last night I asked if a Derbi Senda would be a good messing around bike. Is it?

this

>don't ride it on the highway at 60-70 mph for hours on end
That being said, I'm originally looking for a bike that can do 70% city 20%innawoods 10% highway, was looking for DR650 for that. I keep reading how a 350 CAN do highway for a few miles, but can't stay for 2hr drives.

Being a hungry skeletor, you think it'll be able to do 2hrs of highway with changed gears etc?
>try to get a feel of if he knew what he was doing and did a proper job of it or if he's some dumbass who probably fucked something up.
Thanks much. I'll see what I can do.

Get a used bike in the $2500-$4000 range, no reason to buy a brand new bike as a beginner.

Sounds like they're alright then, I wouldn't hesitate to ask them for advice. Also, be sure to take one of them along when you go to look at used bikes so they can check them out for you as they'll have a better idea of what to look out for.

HELP NEEDED PLEASE:
If you sell motorcycles, your help would be extra appreciated.
I'm looking at financing a 2016 Triumph Street Triple.
I've never financed anything before and have no idea how it works. My wife is co-signing because my credit is shit. Mine is 580 hers is 720.
On the Triumph site it says "well qualified buyers" will receive 5.59% apr for 60 months and zero down payment.

Assuming we don't fit that category which I'm assuming we won't, what is a typical down payment?
The bike is $9,400, state sales tax is 9.5% so I'm assuming the total cost is somewhere around $10,500 depending on fees.

>Tl;dr
>What's a typical absolute minimum down payment for a motorcycle?
>Anything I need to be wary of when financing a bike?
>Can I haggle the price down on a new bike if I'm financing, or is that only really something you can leverage with cash purchase?

This is not my first bike, I've been riding for over 12 years. This is just the first brand new bike I'll be purchasing.

last night I asked if Yer Mum would be a good messing around mum. Is it?

DRZ

>sidewalk is as dangerous as motorcycle
Never said this.
I said it's dangerous.
Who cares if the chances are smaller? You only need that one chance to die, might as well do something you enjoy.

>buying new
>buying new when you can't afford it

lmao poorfags

XR650L

>DRZ
What about it, you said you had trouble on the highway with yours going above like 70.

Plus I've got sub-$3k to spend, and I still need a jacket and gloves, insurance, etc

XR650R

I said I don't cruise over 70, I'll cruise at 70 for 6 hours. If you really only spend 10% of your time on the highway there's nothing wrong with that.

People are saying that the DR350 isn't good for highway riding for extended times above 55mph and that it starts burning oil if you keep it at 60mph for extended periods of time so if you want to do a few hours of highway riding at a time then it probably won't be a very good bike for you. It'll be better offroad than the DR650 though since it's lighter and lower geared.

The point is to build credit while also getting a new bike.

DR650SM