Oh sure, I'll come by to see the car at 5pm. BTW im bringing my uncle along to take a look at it...

>oh sure, I'll come by to see the car at 5pm. BTW im bringing my uncle along to take a look at it. hes an expert mechanic.

>oh this is a manual? I can't drive that! You should have said something

not everybody is a car enthusiast that has knowledge about cars.

get over yourself

If you don't bring at least one (other) car-educated person to inspect a vehicle before you buy it you're retarded.

"Ah man user, these rocker panels have a little bit of rust on them"

>trying to sell a running Subaru for $300

Nice work, user.

>oh sure, I'll come by to see the car at 5pm.
"Ok"

>start car 5 minutes before the hour so it doesn't show burning oil on startup
>"It's all warmed up for your test drive"
>they bought it
I felt so jewish

Id tell him to fuck right off. You don't get much for 300. What you do get is definitely rusty.

I am confus

that happened to me on my first car. like LITERALLY that.

fucker mentioned when I was picking up the car "so uhh the car smokes a bit on start up, I think it needs rings or something"

man I should go back to his house and take a shit on his tennis court. That's right, some fucker with a tennis court on his personal property fucked over a 20 year old kid for 2k something for a 2000 protégé. First car, don't have it anymore.

I fell for this on my last car

"Yeah bro needs nothing it starts right up"

The battery only held enough charge to crank the engine over once when warm. The negative battery post was almost broken completely off.

At least I have the proper size battery now, actually held down correctly, actually vented correctly, and i know it's in good condition.

I drove 3.5hr just to call the guy to greet me outside and first thing he did was start the car then find me.

Noped out after 10 seconds. Waste of a day that faggot

>man I should go back to his house and take a shit on his tennis court
He fucking told you it smokes on startup, and you're angry at him because you were dumb enough to still buy it? Slurp draino

why are people so mean to each other

i think its because everyone including you is an autist who doesnt know how to properly communicate

when I was picking up the car. ownership was already transferred and money changed hands

young and stupid I guess

>ownership was already transferred
Pls tell me you're joking. user why.

Hmm I have a piece of shit car that's worth $500 with impending catastrophic problems, but I could sell it for $2500 if I fool someone that doesn't know better, with no real possible repercussions

I think I'll tell them right away and take the $500

Said no poorfag ever

Caveat emptor

>want truck off guy advertising on craigslist
>looks great in all the pictures
>description sounds great
>want to buy
>fuck, hes 3 hours away
>send him an email
>"if the trucks as good as it is in the ad, Ill buy it with cash, and pay for your gas to drive down here and back. As long as its just like the ad, you've got nothing to worry about."
>we talk on the phone
>he agrees to drive it down
>it works fine
>I buy truck
>everything went according to keikaku

>2 years later
>sell truck
>guy wants to see it but he lives 2 hours away
>wants me to drive it out to him
>tell him hell no, he comes to me
>comes with his 17 year old son
>already looks pissed and tired
>truck is missing the little plastic handle on the passenger side that you are supposed to be able to hang onto when going through rough terrain, or pull yourself into the truck when you climb in
>the dad is furious about it
>HOW CAN YOU NOT HAVE IT
>doesnt want to buy it now
>son still wants the truck
>they talk for 10min
>dad is yelling at son
>they come back
>they want to buy it
>dad dives me death stare like hes going to kill me when he hands me the cash
>son wants to drive truck home
>dad yells THE FUCK YOU ARE and climbs into it
>they drive off
>kept expecting him to show up in the middle of the night saying he changed his mind and wnated his money back even though the truck was fine

My friend and I always bring each other whenever purchasing anything car related that's moderately expensive.

A second set of eyes is always better. Plus sellers will frequently try to draw your eyes away from the problems, but they can only talk to one of you while the other wanders around and inspects everything.

>said the person who has never dealt with a Craigslist seller or buyer before

You have to keep in mind that not everyone is as conscious as Veeky Forums autists when it comes to being a decent human being (hilarious isn't it). People are scum

Agreed. I recently purchased a car that cost a fair bit more than what I'm used to, and it wasn't until after I purchased it, I started realising all the things I missed that I'd normally check out straight away. At least I picked up on a low range gear that wasn't selecting that was included as a condition of sale (turns out it was only an electronic switch that was replaced before hand over).

The last few weeks I've owned it, I've gone through it quite thoroughly and it turns out it's still a good example that I probably would've purchased anyway. But buggered if I'm doing that by myself again.

But is your uncle Scotty Kilmer 48 years experience-core?

not everything is a nefarious plot

some people legitimately think it's good to warm up a car for you (and they're wrong)

that's why I never tell dealerships and such that I'm coming to look at a car, and if they do know, I simply tell them to make sure it's cold when I arrive

c o m m u n i c a t i o n

>after 6 emails discussing condition, price, etc...
>"So where are you located?"
>"Uh...it's kind of listed right in the ad, but ok I'm from xxx"
>"WHAT? That's too far for me to drive!!!"

why? Most engine problems these days will pop up when the engine is warmed up and running in open loop.

That's what I do.
I know that my uncle knows way more than me about cars, because he worked in the industry for 20-30 years and I'm not ashamed of it

>>wants me to drive it out to him

I get that too. It's weird when the person lives 10 minutes up the street, and even weirder when they live two states over.

It's not just cars either, pretty much anything i put on c/l someone asks me to drive it out to show them.

>Uh....I don't have the money now, but could you hold it for me, for like a month and maybe then I'll buy it?

or...

>I know you want six grand, but would you trade two junkyard cars, and my xbox with full games for it?

I can't count how many fucking xboxs i've been offered for cars.

it turns out a lot of rich people are dicks with plenty experience at screwing people over.

>selling truck
>ya bro i c u ther in 20 mins k?
>never shows up
>ya bro i c u at 9 pm
>get a text at 9 pm
>hay is 2am okay?

>Uh....I don't have the money now, but could you hold it for me, for like a month and maybe then I'll buy it?

Ask for a deposit to hold it.

I do that, then usually get the, "WHAT!?! ARE YOU CRAZY? MY WORD IS GOOD AS GOLD MOTHERFUCKER! WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO PULL HERE!?!?"

Actually though, one time a guy did put a $100 deposit on a $500 truck I was selling. Never saw the motherfucker again. I think he was drunk and didn't even remember doing it.

that's one time it worked out of a 300 or so.

>Selling car.
>"Ok, ya I call you tonight, 9 o'clock!"
>Ok....never calls.
>Phone rings at 5 am.
>Pick it up thinking someone died.
>"Yeah...umm dis be queefifia 'bout dem dar saturn you got-
>Hang up phone.
>Rings right back, turn phone off.
>Wake up at 10 am, there's 8 messages on the phone from this bitch, delete them all and put her number on block.
>Bitch still calls me all hours of the day, from different numbers, for about a week, until she gives up.

That's why I never give my number out anymore. Email me motherfuckers.

That's a good deal. You could probably make a business out of taking deposits from retards. Don't even need any cars.

Holy fuck lel

you bought it sight unseen?!

No one feels bad for you...

>people keep getting around my attempts to Jew them with a bad car
FTFY

>Oh this is a manual? I can't drive that, but I'll try!
>grinding noises

>show up to a craigslist deal with my dad
>he's nervous for some reason
>get in the car while my dad chills out with the other seller's friend or whatever
>get in the car "I-I-Is that your mechanic? I know the car runs fine but I'm no mechanic!"
>turns out to be a piece of shit
>"uhm...yeah, bank's closed today so I'll call you tomorrow"
>nope the fuck out of there

man you autists have bad luck or something. I've bought and sold plenty of things including vehicles on Craigslist and have never had a bad experience.

I love this thread

If it's cold, you know it's sat in place for a decent amount of time and you can check for leaks. You can check on startup for burning oil or coolant by looking at the exhaust. You can make sure it can actually start by itself with a cold engine. Show up, start it, then start checking visual stuff while you wait for it to warm up.

i never understood these fuckwads. they arrange a time, don't call about being late, and when you call them to ask if they're coming or not they expect you to keep waiting for them.

>mom was selling old worn out as fuck tires on Craiglist for $20 for 4 wheels
>figures some farmer might want them to use as weights to throw on some tarps or something
>gets a call from some lady that wants them
>mom meets her at the local fast food place to do the trade
>she shows up
>its a native lady fresh off the rez
>oh boy here we go
>she looks at them
>buys them
>everythingwentbetterthanexpected.png
>calls my mother the next day in a rage wanting her money back
>wat
>I TOOK DESE TIRES DOWN TO THA BRAKESHOP AND DEY REFUSED TO PUT THEM ON MY CAR BECAUSE THEY ARE SO WORN OUT. YOU CHEATED ME.
>mom says no, you bought them you keep them.
>hangs up
>suddenly calls from dozens of people at all hours of the day harrasing my mother over $20 fucking tires from a rez full of natives with iphones
>mom finally agrees to give her back her $20 if she gives the tires back after having to block like 60 people on her phone

holy fuck lel

>selling a 1995 statesman
>bogan and his wife comes to look at it
>$1000 w/ 3 months rego
>she loves it, he hates it, bitches how its not a ford
>guy tries to sell me his car while looking at my car
>$10,000 4 door Ford XB GS w/302
>guy was legit pissed when i didnt buy it
no means no faggot, now stop wasting my time

It proof the vehicle works as it should if it can make a 2 hour drive.

>selling a running car for cheap
>potential buyers act all picky because a three hundred dollar car that runs isn't in pristine condition

What lol

ausfag confirmed

only a skippy would be so buthurt about his Holden and ford rivalry.

>drive 1.5 hours to look at ancient Bronco
>knew it was a project already
>look it over
>leaks, interior in boxes, shit missing, stuff doesn't work, etc
>decide it's decent enough for a project
>a reasonable amount of money exchanges hand
>roll dice, drive it 1.5 hours home
>fix up in progress, haven't found anything wrong I didn't expect to find so far

Oddly enough, the engine is fucking solid, just needs the choke hooked up. Literally the only thing wrong with it.

i have to say, you've got it looking pretty good

broncos are sexy

Mark it up to 700, you'll get an offer above 400

Thanks, although they could have done a better job with the exterior, but it's completely rust free except for a small spot at the lr quarter panel where it meets the bumper.

That's not what he's saying at all

Elon Musk beat him to it

>have 2 month spell of not selling shit on CL
>one weekend finally get like 3 responses
>2 people disappear when it comes time to buy
>guy emails me out of the blue and wants to buy that day
>set up meet time and he's here within an hour
>everything goes smooth
>mfw i actually finally sold

Yesterday I met someone 30 minutes away and they had another buyer there to.. Wtf man at least say something I told the owner to go fuck himself and the other buyer had a huge smirk on his face.

The ad is still up as well

Fuckin Craigslist

REV UP YOUR ENGINES

Seriously is that fucking bediner or some shit? The good news is whatever you do for paint will be an improvement.

>be Ausfaggot
>list anything on Gumtree
Every fucking second day you recieve a message asking "do you still have it?" with absolutely no follow up.
>list anything on Gumtree stating "ad will be removed once sold"
THIS CHANGES NOTHING.

I was selling an old vw rat rod I had (I over paid and underestimated what it needed done, I was gonna lose money)

My favorite of all the bs offers was some Mexican pulled up in a Chevy cruz, with wife and his 4 beanlets. He likes the car and says he'll call me back with an offer.

Fucker calls back and says he'll trade my bug +5k cash for his cruz, then got super pissed when I said no and called me a racist.

I seriously wonder how some of them haven't swallowed their tongues.

That's exactly what it is. I haven't exactly decided if I'm going to paint it yet. I might sand blast that shit off and primer it, then get a cheap Maaco job.

>I'll be there to see the car
>btw i'm bringing scotty kilmer

desu if a new battery was the only issue that's not bad senpai

>selling $500 shitbox that runs well and has good brakes
>18 year old kid shows up with his mom to look at car
>mommy points out that the car has some rust, and isnt in all that great condition
>"$500? I dunno..........It needs some work done. What can you do for me on the price?"

>Hey is it still for sale
>Yeah mate
>Can you tell me [list of things that are in the ad]
>[list]
>Will you take [1/3rd ad price]
And then i never reply.

Every. Fucking. Time.

>see ad for 01 Acura cl that's super clean with really low mileage and an ad written in complete boomer speak
>Not bad of price
>Show up and it's this 25 year old air force vet who is seeking for his sister
>dude was pretty cool, we had a good time laughing and bullshitting
>Car is flawless, tell him it's sold a minute into the drive
>Dude offers me a job at his company
>I'm starting Monday
Nice.

KEK

>everythingwentbetterthanexpected
Whats your job now?

cock polisher by the sound of it

>people come to look at my car
>doesn't start
>literally the ONLY time it failed to start in the year I had it, never failed to start any other time after that

I think it was evil

>Got 2k in my pocket
>Try to buy a Honda Accord 95', super clean
>Buying from some Arabs that runs a garage
>"Yeah my man, car is ready like right the fuck now (sweeeeet), it's at the paint shop right now, a block away"
>Arrive
>Cops are swarming arround the parking lot of the paint shop
>Bikies that runs & workers are all in cuffs
>nopenopenope
>Go to another garage
>See picture related
>Oh shit I'm buying this
>TOP DIESEL

gotta love natives, eh? on the topic of scumbags on Craigslist, pic related

>91 toyota
>125k
>1800$ (was asking 2400$)
>get there, truck seems in okay shape, no discernible rust, (oh boy was I wrong), Drives fine
>about a month after I get it exhaust falls off
>k, whatever. its just loud now, exhausts fall off all the time
>get underneath to check stuff
>greeted with pic related
>week after that transmission starts popping out of first if I don't hold it in

that price tag alone should have been a red flag, but I desperately needed a vehicle, and honestly I can't complain about it, reliability wise, aside from some ghetto rigged wiring. the frame hasn't snapped in half yet, anyway, and I'm not exactly gentle with it (speedbumps and drainage humps at 30mph)

Back when I was 15ish
>tfw parents buy car for $750 because too poor to fix transmission and axels for jeep that spun out on a highway
>No clear coat, rust just barely creeping into the roof panel and bonnet
>tfw they use it for 5-7 months, we sticky taped components of the car together and mostly fixed the rust (straya, so no real rust on the inside), there's a loose panel in the boot that leaks exhaust into the back of the car, hold it down with blu-tac and good will
>Fuel cap broken, held on with blu-tac, no A/C
>Time has come to get rid of the little trooper, gumtree it and sell it to some povo dude

Standard bogan spec. Doesn't want to spend his entire centerlink payment so they try to low ball.

Top jej

I like when i write "no swaps as i already have 3 cars" and every second reply is
> swaps for a VN commy?
> swaps for a dirt bike and cash ur way?

>swaps for a vs ute?
>swaps for a 300k km hilux?

It doesn't want to leave you user

do the wheels provide

high quality grip

That sucks, but I'm honestly going to have to pin that as your fault. Looking at every inch of a car, especially underhood and underbody, is step number one for buying a car. Lesson for next time, I suppose.

So is that why when police pit someone (spin them out), they just give up? I never thought it would fuck a car over.

>25 year old
>air force vet
what?