>post what you've upgraded
>post how much you love the damned thing

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

lawrence.craigslist.org/cto/5770941028.html
newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5744412032.html
strawpoll.me/11187393
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Am I the only one who can reliably make threads?

On 11 September we will celebrate the last 15 years of BMWs still being some of the best cars of today on top of a history of pride. The coming of Chris Bangle with his pilgrimage from the far lands of America. Defiance of proper cupholders.

I'm thinking about getting an e90. What's the value of the car so I'm not screwing myself?

Could you be any less specific

Don't be a bitchy faggot. I'm looking at a variety of cars. Most are 328i between 2007 and 2008. Under 130k.

"Don't be a bitchy faggot" says the one who spergs out when we can't spoonfeed him because he's too stupid to put in the least bit of detail into a question. "E90" can be a base model shitbox from 2007 with 200k miles on it worth nothing or an M3 with 0 miles

Damn fuck this edgelord autist fucked my boipussy hard!!!!/s

Hey asshole either be cordial or shut the fuck up.

Serious question, are you even old enough to drive? All you've been doing is throwing tantrums as the result of people not being able to answer your fucktarded questions. You want cordiality but you lose your shit at the drop of a hat and in general present yourself as an angry manchild, what the fuck do you expect?

be soothed by muscle wagon

Did you take your meds this morning

The irony being that I'm probably older than you.

You know you could've been less of an ass and just ask what particular e90 I'm looking at. But nah, you decided to do the "hurr Durr I'm an edgy asshole teen on Veeky Forums because mama wouldn't pay for my new spoiler" routine with your pissy post. It isn't constructive or helpful so kindly fuck off and go suck daddy's dick.

If you're older than me then this just got even more sad. When you're off your period take a look at your own posts, pulling the "u mad" card over and over doesn't work when the only one throwing tantrums in the thread is you.

I mean I'll admit I've gotten angry at Veeky Forums at times but this guy makes me look like Gandhi

Let me know when you finally fucked Monica, had your coffee, etc. so your attitude isn't as shitty.

Again, calm down and read your own posts then try to take an unbiased view as to who's actually mad here.

Veeky Forums really pushes the asshole elitist meme. Some people just get sick of it and snap.

I mean there's being an "asshole elitist" but this guy just lost his shit instantly at nothing

Haaaaaaaaa

Are you going to be done any time soon?

>Doesn't understand why people loathe Chandler

You know looking back on these posts I realized something. There's nothing I can do about you being a dick. So I didn't frame my question exactly the way you wanted, ok fine, I would've gladly given you the details you needed had you asked. But no you decide to make a snarky useless comment just to make me feel stupid for not having the foresight in framing my question your way.

And the sad part is that your shitty attitude is considered the norm in these parts and that's a goddamned tragedy. Instead of giving and sharing advice in good faith, everyone here acts like that jerkoff in shop class who belittled anyone who didn't know as much as he did. It makes it almost impossible for newbs to break into this community due to unneeded hostility from guys like you. This isn't a /bmw/ thing, it can be felt and seen everywhere on Veeky Forums.

So yeah I'm a stupid dumb beginner who has no idea what he's doing, but I'd rather get actual advice than a stupid snarky quip.

I'm new to manual. Only recently started driving pic related. I was wondering how big a difference the CDV makes. And as a beginner should I just keep it in for the time being?

So is this going to be your manifesto when you shoot up your highschool or what?

Wait a second
>E90
>Irrationally butthurt at everyone
>Completely socially inept
>All the kids at school are mean to me :(

Yeah I think we found Elliot Rodger's spiritual successor

How much should I expect to pay/invest for a E21 in good shape, i.e. low mileage, maintained well enough, close to stock?

>BMW enthusiasts crying at each other
Seems normal

It's more like one crying while the other keeps prodding him

Anyone here own a z3 coupe?

Dunno, thinking about removing it myself, but haven't gotten to it yet.

Whatcha wanna know

it makes clutch engagement more vague and less predictable, introduces a "lag" of sorts

its a way to artificially smooth your shifts but it does more harm than good for a new manual driver, get rid of it

I have a 2003 BMW 330Xi that got returned after being stolen for a week with a missing accessory belt and a blown head gasket

Wat do because I got defrauded on my insurance so I'm stuck in bit of a hole right now.

>that guy whose life has gone so far downhill he joins clubs to make fun of the people there

Look I get that many people on Veeky Forums are assholes, but the guy literally fucking made a light quip about your lack of detail and you FUCKING LOST IT. "Could you be any less specific". Really? THAT turns your blood to a boil? Try going to /a/, Veeky Forums, or Veeky Forums where you ask ANYONE about ANYTHING and you have 3 people describing in heavy detail how they would like you to kill yourself. If you can't survive a fucking Veeky Forums gen you'll never make it anywhere else.

BMW E46 320D. Touring, or a Sport Wagon to all you Americans.

Remapped it to about 180BHP, its pretty quick for a 14 year old estate car. Pic taken in the Lake District. Just before the radiator gave out :(

Took it on a trip round Europe, did over 2300 miles with no issues at all. Managed 139mph on the Autobahn.

Worth it? They look pretty slow on paper, but they are so pretty.

If you got the Money an S54 is the way to go, if not than an S52 will suffice, if you cant afford the M, than the 3.0s are also worth it.

Basically go get one.

Straw that broke the camel's back.

Europe... where cars remain unmolested by copious amounts of reflectors and shiny baubles

Remove. CDV is confusing to drive.

user please stop being reasonable. This is actually a pretty good general as far as shitposting and butthurt is concerned aside from that guy

I'll keep it simple, buying an E92 335i and I might have to cave and get AWD if I want some of the things higher up on my priority list; I also don't want to compromise too much since I'm moving to an area with a garbage market so I'd like to get it right now.

Anyway my question is, if I'm not really interested in kicking the ass out does the xdrive system really ruin the car?

>so I'd like to get it right now.
As in I'd like to get it correct now*

kind of yeah
it adds weight
its an objectively bad awd system
you cant do hektic skids
it compromises the driving in general

are you willing to roadtrip for the right car? you can get a one way plane ticket rather cheaply and drive it back

Europe... where cars with 1.8l 4bangers are expensive and considered fast (speaking generally)

>it adds weight
Saw this coming and was willing to ignore it since apparently better launch times
>its an objectively bad awd system
How so? I don't need AWD but I'm curious
>you cant do hektic skids
Not a concern. I have a Miata as a secondary car anyway for tossing around corners and whatnot
>it compromises the driving in general
pls go on
>are you willing to roadtrip for the right car?
Issue is I'm going to fly out, test drive it/take it to a mechanic, find something wrong with it and waste my time and money. Even buying one here with a goodish market is creating issues

get the PPI remotely dude, don't fly out unless you're sure it's great
if the seller isn't willing to take it to a shop for an hour to get it inspected, walk away

While that's a good point, I'd prefer to take it to a mechanic I actually trust. I feel like too much would go wrong with something like this but I might just be being paranoid

go on bimmershops and look for something highly reviewed in the area, or even yelp. Call them up and ask if they're very familiar with the common problems of and and what to look for

If it comes down to it I'll look into that, thanks for the answers.

Alright so we know the F30 is kind of numb and boring to drive compared to the E46/E90; does the same apply to the 2 series/4 series models? Not very familiar with them.

I'm doing blower motor in an E34 and if the fuse still keeps popping after all this i'm going to kill a bitch

After looking into it it seems the 4 series is basically an F30 - dropped. I am a bit intrigued by the M235i though.

I did this exact scenario for an e90 335is last year.

>call dealer, ask if they're cool with a third-party PPI
>call PPI shop, schedule it, pay over phone
>follow up with the dealer the morning of that it's being dropped off
>PPI comes back clean, fly out, test drive, and drive home while enjoying quality bonding time with the car

minor annoyance but well worth it if you're in a shit market and not wanting to compromise. If the PPI comes back with bad results you're out a couple hundred bucks but dodged a way more expensive bullet overall. If the dealer isn't cool with a PPI, it's sketchy and you should move on.

I have a E82 135i and it's about the closest thing you're going to get to a modernish E36/E46 feel.

Before I bought the 135i I was interested in an M2 and the dealership basically told me to go pound sand, so I started pricing out a M235i and once I got it where I wanted it it was the price of a M2 so fuck that. Plus they all have electric steering which I'm not sold on.

If I got an M235i it would be used when they're about 5 years old anyway, the driver feel is what concerns me though since I heard bad things about the F30 (also drove a 340i briefly during some promotional event and wasn't impressed by the dynamics. It was a pretty comfy car though)

>than the 3.0s are also worth it
What about the earlier 2.8s?

Hey /bmw/ I used to have an e36 320i, but I need a new car, not really sure what I should get, I know these cars pretty well but I'm not sure if I should get something else. Been thinking of the e34, maybe an e30, but the prices they go for don't seem worth it. Any suggestions? Particular model? Not going back to 2l 6.

Saw this not long ago. At Signal Mountain Road Walmart. True ZCP E92 M3. I was in my E46.

Alpine white with powder coated dark grey ZCP wheels. I would own one of this color combination.

My M3 and a buddies CBR.

I've put over 21,000 miles on this car since December and I'm not slowing down.

E30's are great cars. I drive a 1991 318is and its great fun to drive, and replacement parts aren't crazy expensive if you try rockauto

>arguing with strangers on the internet

Is this your first day on Veeky Forums

>If the PPI comes back with bad results you're out a couple hundred bucks but dodged a way more expensive bullet overall

i physically cannot THIS hard enough

E34 535i is the best choice, 540i in second.

Im getting either a used 435 or new 440 sometime next year. Is the N55 generally considered a reliable engine? Looks the the B58 is all around better and the closed deck platform will be more amenable to tuning, but I don't mind that much if I can get an N55 car for way less and still have a reliable DD

Not familiar with the B58 but yes, the N55 is reliable.

Looking to replace my trans fluid before winter comes. E36 5-speed. When I bought the car I put in Mobil 1 ATF, and while it made the shifts smoother, it was more difficult to shift (especially into second, pertty sure that synchro is gonna go soon).

Been doing some reading and it seems royal purple synchromax has good reviews, and less so for redline MTF. Anyone have a favorite gear oil?

Was gonna get an Xi too but I drove one off of CL and its quick as hell and decent launch, but theres not that raw, unadulterated feeling of driving a twin turbo RWD monster with same basic launch. 335i just feels better in my opinion

I really wish this weren't a convertible.

What do you guys think of this E30? lawrence.craigslist.org/cto/5770941028.html

I went with a 08 e92 335i also. The n54 engine has famous HPFP problems, so ask about that before ppi. Bought it from someone that I had just met a few weeks ago at my job, got it for 10k flat. 100k miles and I just had to swap the hpfp for my first time as the owner, which hit me for around $900.

Could you tell me more about the 535i? I'm interested, there's one nearby for $1500, automatic

It has the M30 engine and is of course 3.4 liters (says 3.5 on the block but is actually 3.4). The E34 535 was the last BMW t have the M30 and it's considered one of the best and most reliable engines they ever made. It's also incredibly easy to work on so people love it for that reason too.

The 535 was also the top of the line E34 until the 540 replaced it in 1992.

Traded my E36 for this dope Penny board. I'm rolling in style now.

What would you guys say an e46 330 coupe with less than 55k miles and an auto is worth?

Eh.. When was the cooling overhauled? When was the fuel pump replaced? Other maintenance? How many motors?

Are you gonna do anything to it like a swap? Id pay more for a nicer condition/less owners any day.

All that stuff I'd probably ask if I were still going to check it out. I decided if I'm going to get an E30 I'm going to wait for a regular model to come up on craigslist, not a convertible. I feel like a convertible is just too much work, and it also looks like shit (imo) compared to a regular hard top.

Why does the newest 5 series have such interior I feel like driving a bus so much empty space everywhere

>auto

no

newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5744412032.html

Do you guys think the car is worth the asking price? I would check KBB but I know how off that can be

How many miles is too many for an 87 E30? This one I'm looking at has 280k. Mileage shouldn't matter too much as long as the car has been maintained and parts have been replaced if they needed replacing right?

Take that shit off that poor car memefag.

make me

>280k miles

That is too many.

Just heard this rumour about BMW will stop offering wagon in America by 2019
I hope they wouldn't do that in mapleland, why must I suffer from other's shit taste in car

Honestly, when was the last time you saw one for sale?

Like right now?
even saw a real car at the dealership two blocks down the street

Even though I don't really like the current 3/4ers, the Touring is so sexy. The front end is meant for a Touring and not a coupé or sedan.

Sexy and comfy, how do the others even compete

Vote or die

strawpoll.me/11187393

Stay the fuck away from the automatics though unless you know what kind of a pandoras box you've got there.
4HP22 was made out of pure nightmares and horror. Even fucking Giger would feel sick from seeing that piece of shit.

I bought an e36 1992 325is for 700 bucks! I have some questions.

I would like to update my suspension because I'm pretty sure everything is clapped out. What is the most cost effective way of going about that? I wasn't too change all three bushings and rubber too.

Also, what would cause the car to pull to one side? I have to hold the steering wheel off center while driving. It's fine when parked or moving at very low speeds.

My OBC does not work. Is this a common issue? It's an 18 button OBC.

Mine came with some unknown muffler on it. Sounds means at low revs but is loud. It sets off car alarms at idle sometimes. What would a suitable replacement? Should I just go stock instead? The most cost effective would be best!

Thank you, /BMW/!

>never really liked BMWS
>do extensive research into the brand while cross-shopping cars from other brand
>realize between the Z3, E46 in general, E90 in general (notably 335i), 2 series in general, M3s in general and so on they have a ton of great cars
wtf I love bmw now
(Sub-X28i trims and crossovers a massive shit)

>while cross-shopping cars from other brand
Brands*

Which BMW should I get if I'm a big guy?

Z3, just look over the windshield

How deeply do you want to refresh?

Toe and caster could be causing the pull, but worry about that once you've worked around with the suspension.

OBC could be as simple as a fuse. Does it light up at all? Are just one or two things non-working?

Put up some pics of the catback and I might be able to identify it. Or are midpipe and/or headers aftermarket as well? I have a couple M3 exhausts sitting around and shocks/struts/springs.

Z3's actually pretty tall friendly. especially the coupe.

on the topic of Z3's...
mine sold earlier today :(

hope the new owner treats her as good as i did..
>time for a clownshoe