Is it possible to drive a Mustang in the snow and ice?

Is it possible to drive a Mustang in the snow and ice?

I drive a 2005 Mustang GT with full bolt ons and 4.10 gears. I have 285 summer tires in the back and 245s up front. Is it possible to drive this thing successfully in the snow? I'm going on a road trip in December from Florida around north Appalachia and New York. I've never driven in snow or ice roads in my life before. Any tips?

>LMAO AMERISHIT
>PIGFAT CAN'T TURN XDDDD LMAO SO FUNYN DO I FIT IN GUISE

That out of the way, buy winter tires and don't mash the gas.

Dude, I'm a broke college kid. I can barely afford this trip as it is.

I'm trying to look for used winter tires but can't find any in my size.

>broke college kid
>2005 rustang with boltons

Maybe stop throwing money at your pigfat cuckmobile and you could buy some winter tires.

I've made it through a few winters with summer tires and bald tires. Light with gas, slow turns. I've had mine slide around even with next to no throttle and slow around corners, making turns. W/o snow tires or chains, it can be a pia going from a stop. Try to stick around the speed limit.

I got the v6 s195 and I made it through the Midwest winters with shitty all seasons and just a slightly more weighted trunk. Don't be a cuck and you'll be fine

>summer tires
>on a mustang
>in snow and ice
Fuck no. Not even a car with the most advanced AWD and TCS systems in the world and a competent driver would be even acceptable with summer tires on snow or ice, let alone a mustang with boltons and short gears.

You say you can barely afford this trip in the first place, but if you press on with summer tires your wallet's really not going to be happy when you inevitably crash it. Buy some steelies to put winter tires on and be done with it.

This this and this. Don't be a cuck and buy winter tires for your wide wheels. Buy cheap steelies and small winter tires for far cheaper

>from Florida
>never driven in snow
>wants tondrive rwd modded car in snow
>on summer tires
Ya do it, the world is Over populated anyway

>Any tips
Have full coverage.

Does anyone have that image of the snowed-in Mustang? You know the one.
>sleep tight, muscle

Mustang GT 2003 here.
Just get some chains you faggot. But seriously "ultra high performance summer tires" do NOT work in snow. There was a freak near white out flash blizzard thing somewhere it doesn't snow (it snowed twice in 6 or 7 years from what I know, it's in cali and the other times the snow didn't even stick to the ground) and It was literally me spinning my tires in order to get any forward momentum and counter steering the drift at ~15mph for like 10 miles, it was absolute insanity. Then I got stuck on a hill I couldn't go up until a FWD car with normal tires was able to just slowly drive up, packing the snow enough for me to follow him.
MFW I was only about half a mile from my house and was debating walking to the house in a snow storm to grab the truck to come back and tow my car home, then finding out later the truck battery was dead and I would have had to walk back to my car in the snow(My gf was in the car).
That must have been the coolest story ever, hope you enjoyed it.
TLDR: When it started snowing I said, it's gonna be fine I'm like 10 minutes from home I don't need to buy chains it's gonna be fine.
It wasn't fine. None of it was fine.

That's indicated 15, not 15mph.

I also had to add coolant to my cooling system(water wetter+DI water) which I happened on hand as it was under 32ยบ. Glad I had that on hand.

depends how many people youre trying to kill

bump for it being shit

Just don't: you will die. I don't even have the v8 and I died.

I once drove a mustang in the snow with all season tires and it barely went anywhere. I had to dig a path out of the parking lot to even get on the road. If you don't have winter tires on that thing your trip will be slow and terrifying.

With all these horror stories of mustangs on summer tires let me tell you of my 98 stang on Glacier Grips.

>dd mustang in winter
>winter tires all around
>everything was fine

Really op, get winter tires ya dumbass.

Thanks man.
>sleep tight, muscle

>car is notorious for being utter shit on corners even with good tires in ideal conditions
>"hey so I'll be fine with my economy tires on my shitstang right?"
no OP you will spin out and probably trap the car around a tree

this what you believe when think memes are reality. I drove a 2006 GT manual in 3 snowy winters on Michelin x lce tires all around and did fine The limited slip diff really helped as well as starting off in second gear

Ur already dead

already beat you to the shitposting

You will not make it, at all, if you encounter snow with summer tires on that thing. DO BUY summer tires, and just forget 1st and 2nd gear when on heavy snow, start in 3rd. Ohterwise you'll have too much power and spin out.

Any car, ANY car, save for those with extremely low ride height, are good in winter with a full set of decent winters.

shit, meant to say winter tires obviously

>summer tires in winter
This is bad on any drivetrain. Not only will you wear them out quicker but you'll lose traction easily.

If RWD you should get winter tires. If AWD or FWD you can settle for all seasons but winter tires are still preferable.

lol I forgot about this
Sleep tight, muscle

All these answers seem retarded.
Dont drive like a fucking goon.
Snow chains
Avoid ice
throttle is your friend

kek

Sleep tight, muscle