How many of you care about fuel economy? I'm from a poorfag country where gas costs 1...

How many of you care about fuel economy? I'm from a poorfag country where gas costs 1,06€ a liter and the average sallary is 600€. I'm in college and thinking of buying a car and getting into car culture in the spring next year. Was looking into some Honda Civics but what I'd really want is a Audi 90 B2 but I don't have a full time job and I only work during the summer. Should I just go for diesel? Gas is more expensive and the fuel economy is worse. I live 30km from the nearest city so DD would be expensive. What should I do? I'd like to own a car but it's expensive. I only have 550€ right now and ensurance is around 300€ for drivers under 25.
Has anyone been in a similar situation?

Doesn't really matter in the majority of burgerland

blind guess you are in poland

Not me

You don't even have a stable job. How the fuck are you going to afford to keep up a Audi?

I'm from country with 400$ minimum wage. The answer is LPG. There it costs average 0.50$ and with 11l/100km during summer (lowest prices) I made 300km for around 10$ :^)

Shoebox makes 38mpg
Truck makes 12 on a good day
Gas is $1.86 a gallon
I give no fucks

god damn that looks weak
i bet a camry has more hp

Gonna throw you hard learned lesson. Let say car costs 10000 onions. For young drivers only OC is around 1000 onions. Since you are new driver I highly recommend OC and AC just in case. Thats around 2000 onions. Now if it's a used car there's gonna be repairs. Cambelt will be exchanged that's already 600 onions plus 250 for labour. Add to that oil exchange filters etc and you are looking additional 1300 just for startes. Now, you should keep additional 5000 in check, because some unexpected repairs might come, si ce it's used and old car they will come sooner or later. So basically without doing much your 10000 onion car has turned into 17000 onions car.

I was in that situation in high school when I worked at a shitty fast food job and gas prices shot up (2008).

Scraping change together for gas and whatnot.

Now with a big boy job I haven't cared about gas prices in years.

Not as much torque

Not me. Ever since I turbocharged it my car gets shit fuel economy and I have to use high-test gasoline. Do I care? No.

>1,06€ a liter
>tfw my country has 1,36€ a liter for E95

I want to move out of this shithole to burgerland.

UK, so yeah, I care about fuel economy. But not to the point where I need to drive super carefully, or spend huge amounts on a hybrid.

But then, I work full-time, and I get above minimum wage, and don't have kids. I can afford a nice car and fuel for it. The best way to save fuel is not to blow through a full tank every weekend driving hundreds of miles/

>ethanol more expensive than gasoline
>way worse fuel economy on ethanol so it winds up costing you a shitton
Who even buys that bullshit?!

Where do you live?
I have a Megane 3 with 5.5 l / 100 km.
Car was expensive 20000 euros with 44000 km on board only one owner before me.
Insurance is 60 euro per month tax road is 400 euros per year.Maintenance , is pretty cheap compared to a vag.

Diesel is the future.
Diesel is currently the least fuckable engine due to naturally low engine temperature.
The number 1 cause of diesel engine related problems is illiterately the mechanic that fucks up.
Rolling coal is a meme.

>5 lug wheels
V6?

I think he means 95 RON gas, or Euro 95.

>LPG

UK here too. I do pretty low mileage so idgaf.

That said i don't think I'd buy a car that was sub 20 mpg

The fuck am i looking at?
Its like someone just threw a bunch of hoses and wires in an engine bay

I used to not care. But then I got a job 30 miles away, and it cost me 50-60 dollars a week to get to work and back now.

Get a bike

Dat derrs a vee aight boy

I got this out of a U.S. spec Focus with the 2.0L. I'm sure better is possible with a smaller engine variant or if you don't have harsh winters.

Btw, this car is only rated at 24/35/28

>tfw drive manual Subaru Forester in a mountainous area with hills out the ass
>tfw have to be in 4th pretty much all the time
>tfw only allow myself to buy Shell V-Power 91
>tfw under 20mpg most of the time
>tfw coulda had an rx-7 but couldn't justify the gas consumption being a poorfag student

FUCK YOU

I never really cared about fuel economy until I was cruising along in a diesel hire car at 80mph and the trip told me I was still hitting 60+mpg. Bretty Gool.

Hungary?

Just get something with shit engine, which is not that hard since you're euro. You won't have an urge to go fast or drive too much with 60kw under the hood.

>tfw 1.40+ eurobucks per liter

Yup, hope it'll last few years, I'm afraid it will be more difficult to find good and cheap V6 soon.

If it dies on you, a 2.5l swap is the easiest shit ever (as far as engine swaps go at least).

I guess rust's a more likely cause of death, though.