You can only post ITT if your favourite car manufacturer has won Formula 1

You can only post ITT if your favourite car manufacturer has won Formula 1

not so fast GM

So, not Ford, Mazda or Nissan then?

Why would you give him a (You)?

because I wanted my doubles

>gm has never won lemans
my sides

serious question: do F1 cars have anything in common with regular cars at all?

If not, why is F1 racing relevant, especially given all the arbitrary rules and restrictions?

WHY ARE YOU RESPONDING

Because I was curious?

New NSX a best NSX.

>no Ford

Ford/Cosworth made the most succesful engine in F1 ever

That looks pretty dangerous. like one of those school-project cars.

it absolutely raped everybody and was banned

6 wheel a best

It also burned through front tires like hell.

I don't understand why F1 bans everything that does well

Maybe to keep it interesting? imagine if this continued and every manufacturer just mirrored each other or dropped out due to no hope of winning. F1s ratings go down as less and less people watch.

Keeping it interesting by killing off innovation? All the teams copy each other anyway.

>less people watch

Oh so you mean like the past few seasons?

>Oh so you mean like the past few seasons?
The car in the pic raced in 1974. It has nothing to do with the last seasons.

>I don't understand why F1 bans everything that does well

Speed. Too much speed.

Look, even with a 1.6L engine, cars are pushing 900 hp and breaking lap records everywhere.

Now try to imagine if they had 6 or even 8 wheels. Or a larger engine. Or ground effect (since 1994 teams are obligated to use a flat underbody with a wood plank that isn't allowed to be scraped so nobody will try to put minimal ground clearance).

Either they keep banning stuff or it would become autonomous racing.

And while everybody complains about the excessive radio during the races, the radio chatter happens EXACTLY because the drivers are the only ones allowed to control the car, from the differential lock to the energy recovered from the ERS.

Ironically, what most people complain about F1 (engine, too much rules, etc) means that F1 is too much humane and have too little technology.

Since the Indy 500 were part of the F1 calendar from 1950 to 1960, Offenhauser can also be counted as a Formula 1 winner

>nothing to do with the last seasons

Except that viewership and interest is down, all it really is now is a soap opera between the drivers.

>too much speed

KEK

The t34 wasn't banned, it was withdrawn due to drivers not getting on with it and goodyear not developing tyres.

Tyrrell were banned as a team after scrutineers said lead shot ballast wasn't secured in the car, but that was only to remove tyrrell as he didn't want to move to turbo, and his vote only counted if he was still in the championship....

Ford has made one of the most successful f1 cars

>car manufacturer
Honda has never manufactured a car that was won f1

The 6-Wheeler Tyrrells ran in the middle of 1976 through the end of 1977.

BASED

>The t34 wasn't banned, it was withdrawn due to drivers not getting on with it and goodyear not developing tyres.

No CAR has ever been banned in F1. Instead rules are changed to ban certain characteristics.

In this case, the T34 wasn't the cause of the ban, but when williams tried their 6 wheeler, it was breaking lap records then FIA made a rule saying cars should have only 4 wheels

>I dont know what I am talking about

Kek

Also, March's attempt at a 6 wheeler: The March 2-4-0

>being this autistic

Based Renault

oh god they even won LeMans

Lol

I agree

Me too

Because they hate winners

why not just have everyone move to 6 wheelers and make it more interesting

I've got a lot of favorites. One only really got to Pro Series, one powered the Tyrell, a few McLarens, and many others together with Cossie tuning, and one of them powers 33% of F1 right now.

Based Porsche

Why would you reply to this thread?

How many times have they won?

They won.

Nice

Why would you even be on Veeky Forums?

He's sort of right. Honda has only made successful engines, not chassis. Although I forget if the Honda factory team from the 60's won any races.

Because it didn't used to be like this.

I fuck arse tube

Bumper

>not so fast gm
Literally, kek

Lol

N

Ikr

you can only post in this thread if your favorite race cars have alcohol or tobacco advertising on them

Lucky me!

Bumper

that's hilarious honestly

Bump

>not so fast gm
Literally

Rotflmao

Bumpp

Bump

I don't have a favorite manufacturer

But this butthurt is fun

Ikr gm fangirls literally on suicide watch