You ask, "Why do cyclists disobey traffic controls all the time?"

You ask, "Why do cyclists disobey traffic controls all the time?"

Because the rules were made for cagers and they only benefit cagers.

If a cyclists disobeys them it doesn't matter in 99% of cases, that's why we do it. A cyclist doesn't pose a risk to a cager when he runs a red, when a cager does it he risks peoples life. Huge difference.

That being said, I personally do it on purpose, it's called civil disobedience. I don't accept your stupid rules so I refuse to respect them.

Here's a shocker for you OP; Rules are just that, rules, Somebody invented them, they're not the fucking law of the universe. Running a red is my personal way of telling everyone in a car that they're fucking stupid.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V3nMnr8ZirI
youtube.com/watch?v=DRv0xQjEQs0
youtube.com/watch?v=uof1c69_mPc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well if cagers acted like you (and many do) then one day hopefully you'll get clobbered in an intersection. Then you'll get your very own ghost bike displayed for a few days till it gets confiscated and sent to the dump.

Life will go on, and nobody will remember your bold rejection of societal norms and common decency.... They'll just remember some idiot on a fixie who thought he was a messenger and got killed.

If you want to use the road, follow the rules of the road.

Here's your (You).

If no one is going I don't always stop. I'm not oblivious when I ride. My girlfriend waits in line with traffic and it seriously pisses me off.

One great thing about riding a bicycle is that nobody gets confused about your sexual orientation. It's like feminists and wacky hair colors.

It's really convenient and I'm sure the LGBT community appreciates your transparency so they know you're approachable.

>HURR CYCLISTS ARE FAGS

Real original, Jethro.

lol cyclists that talk about road laws are the biggest fucking pussies in the world.

the only exception to this are litle hood rats that know how to have fun by doing wheelies the wrong way down the street into oncomming traffic.

thats not you, op. you actually get nervous deep down inside when someone follows you or stops and gets out of their car then goes and makes troll threads on Veeky Forums fantasizing about your ideal self lmfao

trips of truth (cyclists are now officially fags)

obvious b8 but lol @ the idea of cyclists runnign reds as some sort of protest.

its like a gayer version of those gook monks lighting themselves on fire... nobody's going to look up to a 'martyr' who got taken out by a middle-aged woman driving an Elantra, lol

>biker does right turn from left-most lane
>"ITS CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE YOU WOULDNT UNDERSTAND. WELL, THE DASH CAM LIED"

>Running a red is my personal way of telling everyone in a car that they're fucking stupid.

Please keep doing that. Preferably during rush hour. I'm sure whomever owns the grill you are inevitably smeared all over will learn a valuable lesson. You will sure have shown them, you rebel you.

It's not bait if it's a real opinion unironically held by a real person.

>It's not bait if it's a real opinion unironically held by a real person.
>implying cyclists are people
Almost got me, Mr. Ruseman.

honestly I don't get why some people get so assblasted about "muh rules"

>no indicator? heh, you're going on youtube buddy

riding bikes is only for unimportant hipsters with pretend replaceable jobs that don't matter

hipster behavior follows that they think they are all special snowflakes and have quantum bullshit "rules" in which they pretend they are and aren't a car to give themselves the most amount of opportunities to get in everyone's way by running red lights and trying to fit in gaps that are just slightly big enough and then not using the sidewalk up a hill and going 5 mph because they are "environmentalists".

Every time a cyclist gets hit it's his fault but that's okay because that just gives him another chance to be a hipster and bring up some obscure 40 year old law that says you can do it (doesn't mean it's a good idea) and argue with everyone for 30-40 minutes before finally getting to mcdonalds. bicycle faggots are like if bus pass losers went to college on how to be the biggest loser but then dropped out

>bicyclist on road
>won't yield to let me through
>tailgate his ass for 6 miles up hill slowly gaining speed
>he finally pulls to the side
>watch him in my rearview collapse on somebody's yard panting

>I don't understand trips of truth

WEW

If having a literally phallus object wedged into your ass cheeks while simultaneously crushing your nuts isn't homosexual, then I really don't know what is.

I guess "don't ask, don't tell" also applies to bicyclists, though it's 2016, there's nothing to be ashamed of.

>OP
youtube.com/watch?v=V3nMnr8ZirI

>cager

How about we just had actual pedestrian/cyclist access in towns where there are tons of cyclists instead of riding around with the angry pickups (like a fucking college town)

I can't afford a fucking car

>literally jerks off a 'stick' in his cage
>looks down on people who can't jerk the 'stick' as well as he does

you are literally a faggot who loves when penises cum on his face tia

Fuck, I might actually have to watch this

You're never going to talk sense into pathetic cucks OP. They sit in their car driving in traffic to their shitty job every day. When they are behind another car they can't go forward. At a stopsign or stoplight they always stop because those are the rules and the rules must never be broken. When they see someone else break them they become extremely upset, because it bothers them that someone is able to act in a free manner while they cannot. Most people with control issues like this that rage while in their car are very low on the ladder of life and realize they always will be. Enthusiasts cyclists tend to be upper middle class or higher, have significant expendable income, and the freedom to be able to go on a multihour ride in the middle of a weekday, they likely own their own business or a high up at another. Of course they are also in great physical shape as well. It's not hard to see why some loser sitting in a $3k car not moving in traffic would throw a tantrum when they see a spandex clad road cyclist go through a stop sign whether the cyclists actions affect anyone or not.

>(you)
if you civilly disobey and get in my fucking way, you're getting hit and it will be your own fault, retard

cyclists are faggots but I'm stealing this to troll manuel transmission lovers, tia

>>great shape

yeah those skinnyfat hipsters wrapped in spandex are modern-day Adonises, I tell u what.

> Literally jerks off two sticks at the same time while getting his ass hammered flat

not even mad

so what you're using a single-speed bike? Chances are you're driving a Manuel bicycle so you're handling two schlongs. One dick wasn't enough? What are you, a faggot?

I hit a fat old cyclist because he thought he could go through a red, on the crosswalk, wrong side of the street. Crosswalks, at least here, are for pedestrians only; cyclists aren't pedestrians. Cops said I was at no fault, but to be more mindful of cyclists, as they're often ill-informed on traffic laws.

>pic related
Photo from local paper from when I hit the guy

Then end your life or get a job you useless fucking faggot.

A cyclist does not get the right to use the term 'cagers'

You're on a bicycle as an adult for no good reason

go get hit in traffic fuckwit

try harder

>tripfag calling anyone a faggot

'lol'

It's against the law to kill people, but I squash bikefag all day every day bevause I'm an edgy faggot and mummy and daddy always told me to follow the rules. Well fuck you mum and dad!

Okay, Cletus.

Commuter cyclist here.

You're a cunt, and I hope that some texting fuckwit in a Prius turns your bicycle into a hood ornament and paints the street with your face.

"A cyclist doesn't pose a risk to a cager when he runs a red, when a cager does it he risks peoples life. Huge difference."

I don't want to be responsible for your death just because you want to be a rebel.

You misobey the rules and get someone else in trouble for killing you.

fuck cyclists

A couple of things:

1.) the OP is a cyclist-hating asshole, acting out his own stupid straw man
2.) confimation-bias, confirmation-bias EVERYWHERE
3.) if anything, it's a *cultural* problem that exists mostly in the U.S.
4.) as far as anecdotal evidence is concerned, I see WAY more car drivers do stupid stuff, so there's that
5.) cyclists are not allowed to ride on the sidewalk (in countries with sensible laws anyway) and roads are for EVERYONE
6.) you are *not supposed to* be able to overtake cyclists anywhere you want - they do NOT have to make way for you just because you're faster (but they DO have to drive to the far right/left to make it easier)
7.) taxes go into a general fund that can be used as the government sees fit and cyclists put practically no stress on the roads they use, so that 'car drivers pay road taxes while cyclists do not' argument that pops up every time this discussion takes place is REALLY FUCKING STUPID, YALL - especially considering that most cyclist do own cars anyway

>the OP is a cyclist-hating asshole, acting out his own stupid straw man

OP here, I lifted the OP comment from a thread on /n/, I have no reason to believe the actual OP was roleplaying. The guy was most likely an actual cyclist who posted his sincere beliefs.

>mfw i nailed a cyclist who blew past a stop sign 8 months ago
>mfw he went flying 25ft+ (hit him going 30mph
>mfw I (or at least the insurance co. Jews) made him pay for the damage to my car
>mfw he's still in physical therapy

Get your toy off the road. Do you know how long it takes to get good body work done?

>someone actually believes this

Successful people don't commute on a children's toy

Because the rules were made for whities and they only benefit whities.

If a whitey disobeys them it doesn't matter in 99% of cases, that's why we do it. A whitey doesn't pose a risk to a roodypoo when he runs a red, when a roodypoo does it he risks peoples life. Huge difference.

That being said, I personally do it on purpose, it's called being a cuck. I don't accept your stupid rules so I refuse to respect them.

Here's a shocker for you OP; Rules are just that, rules, Somebody invented them, they're not the fucking law of the universe. Father my wifes son is my personal way of telling everyone in my family that they're (read I'm) fucking stupid.

>The guy was most likely an actual cyclist who posted his sincere beliefs.
And yet he was sensible enough to post this shit on /n/. And even if that's his actual opinion, he doesn't represent anyone but himself - just like fat wannabe-intellectual teenagers with fedoras don't represent atheists.

Anyone got some compilations of cyclists jumping reds or just being cunts in general and getting rekt?

youtube.com/watch?v=DRv0xQjEQs0

This. Everyone can stop posting now.

More videos of cyclists getting attacked

youtube.com/watch?v=uof1c69_mPc

>Britain

Who cares lol

Why would anyone ride a bike as their primary form of transportation? It's a hobby, plain and simple.

Yea fuck stop lights and indicating am i rite

protip fuck you i throw change at cyclists when they cut me off

This is bait.

>And even if that's his actual opinion, he doesn't represent anyone but himself

You haven't been to /n/, have you?

This really revved my engines

How?

>I hit a fat old cyclist because he thought he could go through a red, on the crosswalk, wrong side of the street.
i hate that kind of stuff. coming to a stop applies to all

Why is it that ornery BMX degenerates are usually more cautious and courteous than spandex wearing, god-complex cyclists and even beard-toting, starbux-drinking fixie autists?

Is it because they actually treat bicycles as a hobby compared to some magical free-of-fault vehicle?

I use a bicycle for commuting because it's convenient. I know that sounds absurd.

The dense urban area in which I work and live is hellish when it comes to parking. I live close enough to work that I can bike in without breaking a sweat (in normal clothes even), but far enough that it'd take an annoying length of time to walk.

Cycling to work means that my employer doesn't get to jew me $70/month for a damn parking permit, and any stops I have to make on the way home are a lot quicker because I don't need to find street parking. The car is reserved for longer drives or larger loads.

That said, I do not advocate any kind of "cyclist entitlement" and I think that the fuckheads who run lights and purposefully block traffic deserve to be made into road pizza. Critical Mass especially, I wish it was legal to run those faggots over.

BMX riders know what the pavement feels like.

As a matter of fact, I have not. But I've been to the real world, in an undisclosed country in central Europe, and I know that this "snobbish cyclists who don't follow the rules" meme is an American thing and quite far from being universal. I see cyclists every day and they range from little old ladies over sweaty blue-collar dudes and office workers to teenagers and sexy girls in their 20s. It's literally everyone and I can honestly say that they behave just as good or bad as car drivers.

>Not using a bike on campus to go fast

Also stay off the sidewalks and stop running stopsigns assholes, I'm going to hit you driving home one day, we already have to many ghost bikes.

As a cyclist, I can safely say that I disobey traffic laws for one simple reason.
Because I can.

Two wheels, no safety cell, no engine. All the energy comes from my hard work. If I've just come off a trail, I'm on a serious adrenaline high. I can also see way over the cars around me. I'll ignore red lights if it's safe, or hop off the road and use pedestrian crossings instead. I'll skip between road user and pedestrian-on-wheels on a whim, often leaping off kerbs to do so, because it's fun. I'll never make it up to regular traffic speeds unless going downhill, and hitting them downhill on two wheels with no safety gear is terrifying. And not just because the brakes don't work right.
And the safety gear would make me more likely to crash, and won't stop my head being squished by a truck anyway.
Swearing at me won't help, because I can't hear you over the headphones. I can't be identified anyway, since there's no number plate.
Stay off the road? No. Pedestrians are unpredictable. Cars don't elbow you into walls out of spite.

As a motorist, I recognise that I'm driving a ton and a half of self-propelled death from inside a safety cell, and wish cyclists would either follow the rules of the road or stay the fuck off it.

>so jealous of our comfort and protection you call us cagers and think it will insult us
Utter kek

University, Christ can I not bike for a few years without having to be run over

Then why are you here? Veeky Forums is only for car owners, not busriders.

Go back to your safe spaces and SJW LGBTQAHGGGUOHJI meetings.