Are beamers really that expensive to repair? How reliable are they?

Are beamers really that expensive to repair? How reliable are they?

They're good if you buy it new, service it regularly and sell it before warranty ends. They're shit under any other circumstances

Wrong. I drive a 3 series that was basically never serviced, and was thrashed by it's owner for 10 years. Then it went through 2 other owners who didn't care about it, one of them took it offroad on dirt tracks.

Guess what? It's absolutely fine, run's like a champ, no mechanical issues, never broken down in it's entire life. However if you buy a new one and don't look after it, or abuse it as if it's a corolla then it can break. Also, never go to dealers or buy oem mechanical parts if you can, they're overpriced and aftermarket does the job usually just as well if you put it in yourself.

Newer ones are unknown but older ones like E34s, E39s, E36s, E46s, E30s etc are pretty damn reliable and easy to work on.

>my car is fine
>thousands sold world wide each week
>thinking he has a point

By that logic it's pointless to consider the reliability of any car.

parts are wildly overpriced, which seems to be a theme among German manufacturers from Audi to Volkswagen.
BMW's are also WAY overpriced to start with. Hyundais and Kias have better build quality and reliability. The only thing about BMWs that is desirable by anyone is that badge. You could stick a BMW badge on a 10 year old Chevrolet Aveo, market it as a new BMW 0-series or something like that, and it would sell like hotcakes at 25k per car just because it says BMW on it. pic related.

>muh anecdotes

I don't believe this one at all. Audi is a shitload more expensive to maintain than BMW.

Sure. Because they have built up reputation. But if they sold a car like that, reputation would be tainted and the brand would lose its prestige. BMW bashers don't understand how markets work.

>But if they sold a car like that, reputation would be tainted and the brand would lose its prestige.
*AHEM*

>But if they sold a car like that, reputation would be tainted and the brand would lose its prestige.

Plebs don't know BMW owns Mini. So many people (especially those that buy them, usually women) think it's still British. No brand damage to BMW luckily.

Mercedes puts out similar shit. there arent many companies that dont put out turds like this.
that being said, i've never seen one of those bmws before so they probably arent selling well.

People love Minis and they are considered to be fun to drive. So all in all a great car - they are obviously designed with a different strategy in mind, and they succeed at doing what they are supposed to. Are you saying minis should be RWD? Make them expensive and with less space inside? No. It's a lower horsepower smaller city car, also less expensive.

Well they did this but also gave the fans the M2. I think they are well aware of what they are doing.

No if you do it yourself. Average, good build quality, so stronger components that the cheaper cars.

But the Mini looks decent, is pretty fun to drive and sells well. What's the problem with that?

>Are you saying minis should be RWD?
No
>Make them expensive and with less space inside?
They're already too expensive/
>What's the problem with that?
pic related

Just for fun look up "mini cooper clutch replacement".
>also craigslist is full of mini coopers with broken automatic transmissions

>meanwhile BMW is more reliable than industry standard and beats Ford and various others

The ratings of Mercedes and Audi are pretty accurate too.

Friendly reminder that only niggers ever want to buy a BMW.

niggers and clueless housewives.

Only people that haven't driven one bash them. There is literally no better car brand out there. Stop worshiping some obscure shitboxes.

t.nigger

As much as I love BMW, there are better cars out there dude.

my best friend in school had an E46 (325ix sedan). He eventually scrapped it because it was always breaking and parts were insanely expensive for it. He replaced it with a Chevy Cobalt that never gave him a problem.

bmw's are some of the most popular drivers cars on planet for a reason. they are focusing on driving experience unlike other brands

your friend is probably a retard.
the cobalt is a shit car

No because there are studies out there of tens of thousands of the cars. Try JD power.

I drove my dads Z4 and was so disappointed by it. The driver involvement just isn't there. If you wanna buy German, get a Porsche.

The only reason Mitsubishi is at the bottom of the list is because a nigger will drive their Gallant until the wheels fall off before using their tax return to change oil.

they are not fast

they make engine noises through the speakers

an exhaust (3 inch tubing with minimal bends) for a bmw is always more expensive than a comperable or more intricant american variant and will always give you less power

>they are focusing on driving experience unlike other brands
yea. ok buddy. keep living in the 1990's.BMW hasn't given 2 fucks about the driving experience since the E46

They're quite reliable, assuming you use common sense and disregard the idiotically optimistic service schedule

>15,000 mile oil changes
>Lifetime transmission oil
>100,000 mile fuel filter

i think the problem, at least here in america, is that people don't drive the cooper like it was intended. people that own minis mostly live in suburban sprawl, use the mini for long road trips, haul too much stuff, etc. instead of using it as a city car for short trips.

i'm not saying that city driving is that much healthier for a car than other forms of driving, but i don't think the mini was designed for the kind of mileage that many americans put on a car in mind.

I like my e36, it's never broken down, it's top tier design looks good forever and it's still comfy af

>15. Land Rover

What a bullshit.

>Go in blind
>Surprised when you break it

since the 3 series, 5 and 7 series are still the "most fun" cars to drive in their segment according to most reviews, that is not true.

Many say the cadillacs are better

They're not bad. Slightly more cumbersome to work on bc German extra-special engineering but better than driving something god awful like a Crayola. Parts vary widely in cost.

>JD Power
I'd rather trust memes. Memes are actually more credible.