The legends have returned gentlmen, what a time to be alive

Very curious as to how that ass looks

Slightly dissapointing

It's still pretty fat I like it :^)

Almost as disappointing as the corvette

Corvettes have always been shit desu

fuck no, 70's vettes were amazing

Where can I get that sikk paint job for my shitbox

My contour SVT needs it nobody knows I have five gears and 200 horses it looks so plain

yeah those 180hp engines were the diggity

What color is it now? I just Googled it, and they look pretty gud when done up

Supra looks like trash

Pass

what the fuck is that shit

Black, with the tan leather interior. Its nice, but it's faded so everybody thinks its just a grocery getter.

When I had my three color rusty EF hatch everybody wanted to race my 70hp and four gears. Lost every time. Well, except once against this giant brotruck before I put a muffler on it. Had that shit straight piped out the passenger side. Ran rich as fuck too, smelled like gas constantly. Dunno how smoking passengers never caused a catastrophic explosion. Now I got some power nobody even looks twice lmao kill me

U wot m8?

what's with the shit tier wrap ????? seriously ????

What is concept camouflage?

You can always stop light race people :^)

I stoplight raced a 2014 WRX and beat them bc they fucked up shifting to second

S m h t B h f a m

Nobody even looks at me at stoplights bc the car is quiet as Helen Keller unless I make a big show of rolling back and being a douche in general

not sure if bait or retarded

placeholder lights, dummy

Honestly thinking about afro engineering a bigass dodge neon wing onto my trunk just so people know I like to go fast and look like shit while doing it

Front kinda looks like a soarer.

BMW version is allegedly getting the engine from the M2 but with 400bhp

>They think those bolted-on taillights are the final designs

For Toyota's, and everyone's sake, I really hope they have a trim range that puts these in the 24-38K price range because that market segment is so stale with only Mustangs, Camaros, and Challengers to pick for RWD GT coupes.

You wish.

$40,000 at the cheapest.

$50-60,000 as tested with sticker, options, and tax.

$70-90,000 for muh editions.

It'll probably be ~ Stingray Corvette price, which I wouldn't mind. Corvette needs some competition within its segment.

I think that's a shame. There seems to be a huge gap in performance cars between 18-24k and 40k and up when you want to look outside RWD American GTs. I really think the 24-38k segment is ripe for a lot of cars to thrive, but everyone seems to want to go for the mid life crisis buyer. The Nissan Z needs to be rebuilt from the ground up, would do amazing in this segment. Mitsubishi couldn't go wrong with reviving the Eclipse as a RWD coupe. If I recall right the earlier Supras were pretty attainable for their time. Just seems like a lot is being left on the table. Also, if this is sharing parts/platform with a BMW and is going to be a BMW price, I think most people will just by the BMW.

The best part about this is that all of the new Japanese sports cars are out of reach for you poorfags who can do nothing but talk about miatas and 90s muscle shitboxes.

I don't think I'll be able to afford a car that costs over 65,000 in the next decade or so, so I hope this or the RX9 is somewhat achievable

Out of all the Corvettes that you could have countered with, you picked a goddamn C4

A v12 c4!

This.

C1, C2, and C5 a best.

I think the C4 has become an interesting Corvette as you can get the later LT1 models for pretty damn cheap and have a crazy aftermarket to turn it into what you want. I think for build potential on the cheap it is hard to argue against a C4.

Exactly this. Those are just some cheap round led tail lights with plastic or maybe just vinyl wrapped around them to look like they are supposed to be there.

What kind of engine? And is BMW gonna shit it up? Or they weren't partnered on this?

SFR - 10/12k
GT86 current price
Supra -60+k

>tfw no sfr

Living is suffering

I actually had to look this up to see if you were serious about the SFR price, please god let it come to the US oh my god it's like the ultimate minimalist's sports car

Lmao looks like a Mitsubishi Eclipse with some chairs stuck to the sides, horrible.

It's never coming to the US at that price point. I hate to say it because I want one too but the economics of importation, marketing, crash testing, etc. for the US market won't support that price.

Best case 14-16k (extremely unlikely)
Likely 16-18k
Worst case 18-21k (probably more likely than best case ;__; )

Also expect it to gain a few pounds. If it even shows up.

I'm going to go cry now.

I thought thats the new 2017 celica
Looks tame for a Supra redo

It won't. Toyota will assume that the only people who might actually buy it in the US are people that would otherwise be buying the FR-S.

What's the car on the left? It looks kind of okay.

New Celica is the FR-S.

If we get in the future Nissan S16 my boiracer dreams will be fullfiled.

sfr racing concept

Angry baby gt86

Why does the US have to do this? I was reading that it's not just safety features, but they'll force premium features on it because of dealers, can someone explain what that means to me? Do dealers for manufacturers to drive up the price with meaningless shit or something?

why can't we have nice things

WHO YOU CALLING ANGRY, FAGGOT

>Toyota will never release this car

:)

Lets hope they call it Celica.

Much more character than s-fr

It's supposed to be filling the MR2 void without it being a lotus

>Mid-rear MR
>Front-rear FR

They've all been pretty crap desu

Celica was 4/5 seater though wasn't it?

It was basicly the same niche as the gt86. First 3 gens rwd. Last 4 gens fwd or awd in rally version (not last gen). Reason for switch: with mr2 and supra allready 2 other rwd sports cars.

The front literally looks worse than the Lexus grille.

Price fixing. They can't actually make an agreement with the other manufacturers to hike the price on everything, but they can all add a bunch of superfluous features and charge a markup on all of them. It's more of a thing here than elsewhere because there's not really a point at which Americans will not buy a car. You can give an American a choice between a $50,000 Sonata, a $60,000 Civic, and a $100,000 Prius, and they will do their research and buy the one that offers the best value. Give a European the same choice and they'll laugh at you and go ride the bus.

No, the FR-S/GT86 is the Celica. They just decided to call it a Corolla to cash in on cartoon memery.

We can't have nice things because the average American autobuyer is a fucking retard, and the dealer system is set up to scam the shit out of people.

>Why doesn't it come in an automatic
>Why doesn't it have bluetooth
>It needs a NAV screen, new cars have screens
>It needs a backup camera because I'm stupid
>It needs TPMS because the government says I'm stupid (and I am)

And yes, dealers are always looking to upsell people with meaningless shit and markups. If a car shows up and the only option is color, it means they can't play the shell game of options packages and "discounts." They want to be able to disguise their margin as best they can, and a stripped down minimalist sports car does not allow that.

Guys, relax. If this really is a MKV, then it is HIGHLY likely that those taillights wont be on the production vehicle and are just placeholders

Those are the same lights they bolt on to all of the test mules. The problem isn't the lights, it's the fact that it looks like shit.

>Best muscle still missing
Trans am when?

>implying

I would love to see what a modern day Chevelle SS would look like. Remember that upon release it was a 500HP 513 LB-ft muscle car(which could be easily tuned higher), so if Chevy stays faithful to the spirit of the original, i'd expect a 850+ HP beast

Pic is just a pigfat mockup of what one would look like

>automatic only
>I6 is ded
>hybrid rotary
>legends have returned
Now this is promising, I can see a bugeye aftermarket kit for it
Still want an CTS-V based GNX

C4 is the first Corvette that was a legitimate sportscar.

>C4
>Sports Car

The Chevelle is just a little Impala. The Impala looks like this now.

what a meme car

This car will be marked up more than the focus RS.

The base model will use a turbo 4

I guess it will be porsche cayman territory or slighlty cheaper.

It wont be in the supercar price range.

A new Chevelle would probably be it's own model and not something that would be built on the same platform as the Impala

And this is why new cars are shit. Can we please stop with the "reviving nameplates to attach to cars that share absolutely nothing with their predecessors" meme?

...........ehhhhh it would make sense though seeing the Chevelle was clearly a performance oriented car.

Shit, they've even done the same thing with the Chevy SS ( an obvious spiritual successor of the mid 90s Impala SS) without calling it an Impala.

It wasn't, though. It was a midsized coupe that happened to have a big block V8 option. If they want a proper successor, they should offer a L86 option in the Cruze.

This will likely be significantly cheaper than those you mentioned though.

So is this car actually happening or what

So what we went from catfish to large mouth bass?

I'd drive it

HOOOOOHOHOHHOHOHOOHAAHAHAHAAH WHAT THE FUCK IS THAAT!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

But they are all autotragic

>My sides
>Gone forever

A test mule...

y u do this

I guess aftermarket front bumpers will sell well.

Holy fuck is that the front of the car on the left? And why are there headlights on the red car... red??? Why are there air intakes arranged like exhaust tips?
>I'm so confused why is this happening

Who put's wing's on the hood?!

>'s
>'s

63 stingray for the win

They're all gonna suck just like the new NSX did, the newest gtr understeers, and it's engine sounds like a pissed off lawnmower. The magic was lost in the NSX when they used hybrid torque vectoring shit with electric motor sorcery.

topkek

And they're all shadows of their former selves. I expect no better from the RX-9.

That's definitely the back, just look at the placement of the mirrors.

>I expect no better from the RX-9.
Don't doubt based Mazda.

>"""""""""""""""legends""""""""""""""""

>Don't doubt based Mazda.

Lol

Well, f you have arround 100k to spend...

t. europoor

>Nsx-r beaten by a civic eg
Mfw

its a race car dude

If i had the cash id make /m/s memes a reality.

The Supra has never been that cheap. The Supra has always been Toyotas top of the line sports car, in the same range as the Corvette. I would say at best, 60k for a turbo model in the US, and they probably won't have a non-turbo this time around. However, the MK4 Supra competed with the GTR, and Toyota might turn it into an all out supercar to compete. We can hope they don't go that route and stick to the cars roots like fans want, something I wish they did with the GTR.