Why does Veeky Forums despise Audi and/or VAG in general?

Why does Veeky Forums despise Audi and/or VAG in general?

Other urls found in this thread:

performancedrive.com.au/holden-ford-least-reliable-brands-australia-audi-worst-luxury-brand-survey-1409/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Glorified VW, over complicated, over priced, driven by douche farts.

Would like to know this too. Im curently looking at new a4 quattro tdi with 190hp. Since im europoor this would be best compromise between power and fuel economy. Every review says its a good car, not really sure why o hates it.

Veeky Forums is mostly americlaps and their german market is made by mexicans, also german cars are fucking expensive, so Veeky Forums hates everything thats not japan or US

Entry-level luxury model (A3, 3 Series, CLA Class) drivers are a blight.

VW gets shit for being poor man's Audi and all the vapers in the Golf GTI because they can't hack WRX insurance premiums.

All of their cheaper cars (which are the only ones anyone here can buy) are absolute irredeemable shit compared to Bimmers, Benzes, and especially anything Japanese.

That makes sense. in europe they are not so expensive and not considered luxury cars, at least not a4s. Also buying same class japanese car would be more expensive for me since I have to pay more if car is not made in EU.

>190hp is power in Europe

I feel so bad for you guys

It is in bosnia where liter is 1 dollar and average pay under 700 dollars

Because they are poor/american.

volkswagen are fucking jews. if you want even the slightest well made reliable car from them you need to be rich enough for a porsche

the unreliable ones are still mostly built by krautniggers at home in germany

if anything the reliable ones like base model jettas are built in mexico

Because Porsche isn't fully under VAG command. They still mostly do their own engineering.

Don't know about Veeky Forums but they make boring and unimpressive cars. Wouldn't say I hate them, I just don't understand why anyone would buy one when other cars exist.

audis are great, Veeky Forums doesn't know shit

I don't get the reliability meme. Toyotas are praised to last longer than the Earth itself and yet, if you don't properly maintain them guess what? They'll go down the sewer like a rotten turd.

Every car needs maintenance to be reliable. Being made in Mama Merkel's nursing station or in the land of the free doesn't change that. What's more, I know a guy who has a 2000 Audi A6 TDI. Shit never failed and it still drives like a champ after 16 years

Then you clearly know nothing about cars. You could put keep a car in a garage it's entire life, drive it regularly enough to make it happy but not so much you stress it out. Perfectly wear in a vehicle, use only the best premium fluids anyone could afford, replace them as often as possible, properly wash and detail the car (including underbody and engine bay) to keep corossive chemicals off of it, and so on.

And a car will still break down over time. That bolt that the manufacturer used was two cm too short for the load it had I'm and will eventually snap off. The bolts pinning the gasket the manufacturer used weren't torqued properly and leaks after ~130k miles. The engine itself dies after 200k miles because the manufacturer decided to reduce the thickness of the sides by 1mm to save money.

The reliability factor has nothing to do with wear from proper/improper maintainence. It has to do with some cars being made less reliable to begin with.

A Toyota transmission and engine with half decent maintainence will easily last over 300k miles. Whereas a brand like Chevrolet, we'll I don't think I have ever owned or seen a chevy with a tranny older than 180k miles unless it was rebuilt.

Veeky Forums can't get any vag

>buying a more expensive passat with a different badge
>buying a sedan with fwd and a system turning it into a awd when understeering
>cant do hektik skidz because no rwd

It may be a "gud" car if you see it as a tool that brings you from a to b, but if you are somewhat an enthusiast and want to enjoy the hooning and driving capabilities, this is a poor choice. it drives boring, it looks boring even though the latter is just a matter of taste.

Of course it will fucking break down over time man, even we do. What I'm saying is that proper maintenance delays this inevitable breakdown

>>buying a sedan with fwd and a system turning it into a awd when understeering
That's only the A3 sedan and possibly the very newest "Quattro Ultra" equipped ones though. Anything A4 and up is proper fulltime AWD.

This is a car enthusiast board and nobody gives a shit about FWD econobox dadmobiles or cars that scream "look at me I have money and I don't know what to do with it lol"

The basic Audis (A4, A6, and A8) are without question the plainest looking "luxury" cars on the market. Couple that with their ridiculous maintenance costs and lackluster performance, and I'm surprised they sell a single car over here really.

some of us want a plain looking car

Then buy a Camry.

>Toyotas are praised to last longer than the Earth itself and yet, if you don't properly maintain them guess what? They'll go down the sewer like a rotten turd.

ahahaha no. These cars are literally made for people that dont even know that cars need maintenance. They last even without any kind of maintenance

BP > VAG

Everyone loves the BP.

i couldn't have said it better myself.
inb4
>COVIC TYPE ARR LE SPEEDIEST BURGERKING TIME
shut up fwd cucks

not that plain

i prefer the bbc

>Camry
>plain

I don't mind FWD if it's something along the lines or a Type-R Civic or Integra but Audis are just plain normiecars that have no redeeming qualities for a car enthusiast
>everyone buys them
>shitty FSI engines
>numb steering
>understeery AWD

understated luxery is the whole point of audi

And yet every owner is a dick that loves to point out he drives a "German luxury car".

I'm not a jealous toyshill, I don't hate VAG. I like VAG, also bc i'm not a ToyFAG

Well im german.

You cant even imagine how many a3 and a4 are on the roads here. They are certainly not nonsidered luxury. The same is true for the entry level MB and BMW cars. MB is a very special case.
Shitloads of street cleaning machines and busses are MB with a big fat star on the front. So the image of those german brands is actually much more down to earth in germany.

VW is awful in my country. Terrible reliability and post-sales services. Same boring design accross the line and expensive to boot. But people keep buying them like they buy their corn flakes, based only on a meme of old days.

wow next you are calling me nazi. You are fucking insane.

are you new on the internet?

Woah chill out bro. I heard sauerkraut is served cold

Same thing here in the UK

I moved to the US when I was pretty young and got into the German = Luxury, so you can imagine how amazed I was when we came back and the friend that picked us up from the airport had an A4

It took me a bit, but I soon realised that it really isn't true. Just driving out of my road, a good ⅓ of cars are 3 series/A3/C classes or below

Most of these guys are poor

I personally am wary of praising modern audis mainly because of the typical Audi driver here in LA, although most sporty cars are driven by scum here.

I feel bad for people like you who only look at power. I drive a pigfat V8 but suspension and weight are huge factors too.

that depends on the dish

Every time I hear "VAG" I want to punch a kitten in the face. We know VW is a fucking group. You people sound like fucking idiots every time you say that.

The main reason why VW is shit is the customer base of fanboys. They praise their shit as the best even though it's in the shop all the time and they spend a ridiculous amount on maintenance. Very similar to Apple fags.

People just say VAG to avoid confusion with VW (the brand).

Horrid reliability is their problem. Audi currently ranks the worst for German auto makers. It's not meme either, my friend has a Audi TT and it's pissing oil, the transmission is dying (after being replaced with a new one only 10k miles ago), the fuel gauge is broken, the wiper fluid reservoir is leaking and the brakes seem to grab at random when turning corners.

And this is after just two months of owning it. The repair bill is already going to surpass $2000.

kek anyways sorry man

>it looks boring
amen, nothing worse than a black diesel audi (wagon)
they are making millions on people buying the s-line package just so their 2.0tdi base model dont look like absolute shit

>b-b-but hey guys, we just updated the model for the new year, it has some fancy new headlights, its an all-round new car, we swear!

headlight technology seems to be the main selling point advertised on new cars these days. do people really give that much of a shit to warrant the buying of a newer model?

>2 months of owning
>repair bill
>buying used

German cars are long since being made to last decades. Modern cars (german sedans especially) are made to be driven like mad cunts for 3-5 years and then shit themselves in all the possible ways when the warranty ends. Look at any used car dealership and behold all the 5y/o Benzes going for 8-10k when they costed 40k+ new. They are bought by the type of people who dont give a shit when the old one fails and they just rather buy a new one, because keeping up with the maintenance would end up costing pretty much the same as a new car (while not actually being able to show off in said new car).

Even so, Mercedes and BMWs of the same age last considerably longer than Audi and have proven to be more reliable.

Pretty much this.
EU japan market cars are not so cheap, new parts are expensive.

That's retarded, our german VWs are shit and a lot of people never had troubles with their Mexikokäfer.
The focus simply shifted from building good cars to making as much money as possible, which is why Daimler etc were shilling for the refugees here and are now trying to introduce 0,80€ jobs.

Audi is for soccer moms and unimaginative old men trying to overcompensate for something - people too stupid to know they are paying a premium for a motherfucking badge - people who think something as dull and pedestrian as an Audi is actually something to boast about - people so stupid they bought-into the VAG marketing lie that Audis are premium cars - people so dumb they enjoy being cucked by a car company.

>good friend owns an auto shop - "Audi are the most unreliable and, for what they are, the most expensive to fix of any car that isn't French".

Look at them: can you even tell one model from the next? Cars for people who don't like cars.

Vorsprung durch ratshit.

performancedrive.com.au/holden-ford-least-reliable-brands-australia-audi-worst-luxury-brand-survey-1409/

lel, no. My mother abuses her fucking 93 Camry to hell, went over 20,000 miles without an oil change and the worst thing that's happened to it is we've needed plastic trim pieces and sensors replaced. Meanwhile my dads 2012 C-Class despite being meticulously maintained and still in warranty has had two fuel pump failures, a turbo failures, the entire command system replaced. Jap cars can take far far more abuse.