XJ's are depreciating really fast. Would I make a mistake in getting one?

XJ's are depreciating really fast. Would I make a mistake in getting one?

"If something depreciates, you better not buy it even for fun." - My Economics prof

If a car depreciates like the Hindenburg, there's usually a reason why.

>feeding the troll
How new are you? Didnt you notice dude starts this thread on daily basis?

the reason things depreciate is because the people who had them literally don't want them anymore and are willing to take an pretty big hit getting rid of it. that should say something.

Wait another year or so and buy it for $0

It depends almost entirely on the Jaguar Land Rover service network in your area.

The reason a lot of XJs and XFs drop in value so fast is because they're used widely around the world as company cars, hence why there'll be a lot of them with relatively high mileage.

Now this in itself is no problem, as the XJ is one of the more reliable models since the new design language took hold. They'll clock up miles with very few problems. However, the manner in which it's serviced is crucial. If it's been serviced at a franchised dealer, it'll have all the required updates, fixes etc. If not, you're much more likely to have problems, so your experience may depend mostly on how clued up the people servicing it were.

A good way to tell is to ask or check if the tyre pressure monitoring system was fixed, with the valves replaced (a newer part was issued as standard to all certified dealers, and should have been fitted from late 2011/early 2012 the next time the car was serviced) . That and the occasional smart key issue or premature battery drain are the main problems you're likely to face.

As for the car itself, it's pretty great. I won't bother saying too much, as there are reviews out there that explain things much better than I can. I'd just say the only thing I'm not a fan of is the light steering.

t. Jag employee

Oh, also, go for the 3.0 diesel V6. The chassis doesn't cope with the 5.0 V8 as well, and the throttle response is a little vague.

Why so cheap?

It's a completely unremarkable car, sometimes when I see these things I assume it's just a ford fusion until I squint

>actual informative posts
>Veeky Forums
what the fuck

If you have 20 grand to blow, why not buy a good car?

Okay, so I turn that post to others who doesn't know that this is a shit post thread.

Yes

Buy a Lexus LS

What good car do you suggest?

This

Your economic professor must ride the bus then.

Like what m8

Its because mostly niggers buy these percieved status symbols.

Have fun with your out of warranty repair bills.

Don't be another nigger rich individual driving a status symbol when you barely have enough shekels to buy a loaf of bread.

Haha no, he rides a 500cc Suzuki bike.

G37 is the only choice