>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webms
>Motorcycle maymays

/dbt/ map: Meet and compare willie size
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator: will I look cool on it?
>cycle-ergo.com/

Sticky:

Boring gifums with sounds:
Old thrad:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centrifugal_force
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyroscope
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_and_motorcycle_dynamics
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

some of the old triumph daytona 955i's say Digital Fuel Injection on them

what the fuck does that mean?

I'm going to look at the GL1000 in a couple hours.
>tfw 602lbs dry

has usb ports to transfer the fuel injection to them

anyway, what bike should i by?

It means it has a map of how much fuel to give on throttle position and rpms

Posted in the last thread, but I've got an opportunity to buy my dream bike-the 2008-2014 XJR1300.

Anyone here owned one? Pros/cons?

seems like you'll have to lean an awful long way to reach the handlebars on that thing

>It means it has a map of how much fuel to give on throttle position and rpms
isn't that literally how all efi works?

Pros
-

Cons
Cafe Racer

Anyone know a good place to read in depth on how motorcycle transmissions work?

>be me
>buy bike last Oct
>haven't cleaned chain since bought bike
>bike still works fine

what happens if I don't clean it?

Not the 2015 one, which is more like a cafe racer. The 1998-2014 one, which isn't.

PROS:
>look like a sikk cunt
>masculine, bitches wet
>fast as fuck
>straight 4 but xbox so TORK
>ohlins as standard
>look like a FUCKEN SIKK CUNT

CONS:
>heavy
>naked (con if you ride long distance on highway)

Fuckin do it lad, one of my dream bikes too. There's a guy at work with one and I'm envious every time he shreds past me on the way home.

>Hoegaarden
Was thinking about trying it, went with amarcord today, it's shit.
I jsut recently started widening my orizon when it comes to beers, a personal favorite is westmalle trippel, but it's too strong to drink while you eat.

I'll keep the place in mind thanks.

What bike are you thinking about getting?
I'm from milano so Bozen is no too out of hand for me.
I still have to go ride with a guy from verona, bless his souls I've been telling him I would since last eicma and still haven't taken the time to actually do it.

I know nothing about motorbikes.

Can you please list major manufacturers with their qualities and defects?
I'm just asking because my dad says Ducati is the best shit in the world and I'm not that convinced (he know nothing about bikes either, don't be too hard on him if deemed necessary).

Suzuki is a heavy hitter.

A better electronic fuel injection system will use a MAF

I've lived for two years in Milan when I was "studying".

I'm not thinking of a bike in particular, just a 2cylinders with a big enough cc to travel a bit that's also cheap. First I wanna be able to get it home if I were to buy it from someone in Veneto or Trentino.

>heavy

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. I live in suburban/rural England so I won't be doing really long distance, but some of my family lives in the city. I'm wondering how the handling will be like.

Veeky Forums

engine spins, turns chain, turns wheel

Is that in depth enough?

Get a ducati if you want to spend most of your time waiting at the shop for repairs and maintenance and you want to sound like you're riding a large scooter.

It'll wear out faster and you're possibly wasting power.

Why motorcycles do not fall when moving? How do they work?

Just like magnets

I almost lowsided on this corner today. I was just casually cruising through, not even going as hektik as usual, and suddenly my front started to tuck. I'm not sure exactly what happened next, but I think I just straightened out a bit, let off the throttle some, and threw my weight to the inside and I came out okay.

I'm not exactly sure what caused it. Maybe it's because I didn't check my tire pressure before the ride and it was too low, or maybe I hit some gravel dust or something.

>just a 2cylinders with a big enough cc to travel a bit that's also cheap

Sv650 maybe? Or you're more into touring/enduros?

>"studying"
Yeah, sadly I'm thinking about going back to "study" myself,
field?

What does that mean? Sorry, am not englando and google isn't really helpful this time.

You mean it sounds like a fat diesel truck? Shiet...

They are constantly falling but because they travel so fast they only fall as fast as the curve of the earth drops beneath them.

Japs:
>Honda
>Yamaha
>Kawasaki
>Suzuki
They're all extremely reliable and their competing bikes are basically the same. Kawasaki tends to be the fastest, Honda has been pretty conservative in recent years.

Italians:
>Ducati
>Aprilia
>Moto Guzzi
Ducati is far and away the most popular, their bikes are expensive, require more and more expensive maintenance, but they're pretty and usually perform well. Basically need to have some decent income to own anything besides a Ducati Monster unless you're a die hard fanboy.

Germanic:
>BMW
>KTM
BMW bikes are basically nothing like their cars, expensive but reliable and performant. KTM is much the same, both are big in hte adventure segment.

USA:
>Harley
Expensive shitbikes for fat boomers

>suburban/rural England

Well I work in the birthplace of the industrial revolution, Birmingham and this lad at work has no problems throwing it about between cars in 3pm traffic. Then when he gets through he engages warp drive or something and disappears. I'm biased because I love them but if I was in the position to be buying one I wouldn't think about it for more than 5sec.

If you're anything less than king of manlets it may be harder. However I'm 6'2" and 12st and have never found a bike that feels "too" heavy for me.

>tfw wasn't recording
I thought nothing interesting would happen today. I should have known to always record.

This one is actually a major problems in even modern mathematical physics. They work like normal bikes work, but we don't really know how.

Recent developments have been made, but nothing major.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centrifugal_force
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyroscope

Post lunches

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_and_motorcycle_dynamics
It's actually pretty complicated, don't think about it too much.

Nice vegetables

Suzuki, Honda and Yamaha are the main brands that people get. They're more or less reliable, and choosing between them is a question of taste rather than performance. The different brands are better at different things, and what you prioritise and will use them for should impact your decision, but ultimately just go to a shop and try sitting on a few different bikes. Find one that you like, search for a used one online, check to see if the quality is good and it's not too damaged, and buy it. That's all there is to it. Autists here will nitpick over the slightest details, but in reality they matter very little.

BMW cars are really reliable man

Well, I can try puking and hoping my lunch is still there. But I rather not.

Just had some bread with dry sausage and some grease/dirt

Mashed taters and salad not pictured

tanks

Post bikes of yours.

Wow thanks man, this is so quick and helpful!

Is it correct/fair/doable to compare bikes and brands based on their MotoGP counterparts? You obviously can't do that with cars, but bikes actually look so similar...(sorry about this last one, I know)

You having a giggle m8? The E30 was 30 years ago.

>Birmingham

I've got some family there, some in London, some in Scotland and some in Bournemouth so I'll be going up and down the country fairly often, though I live in Bedfordshire.

>f you're anything less than king of manlets it may be harder

I'm 5'9 and haven't had any trouble, so that should be fine. Thanks for the advice, mate.

Ah right. OK well just ignore me.

Here it comes, fgts. Crazy race, happy with the result.

What jacket do you use? pros/cons?

That's a duel sport?

are you serious
they are universally known as nice-to-drive money pits

is he kill

Is he okay

No.

Suzuki a best. But in reality they all have pros and cons just like everything else. Suzuki is known to be pretty basic from my understanding but that's why I love them.

finally arranged a meet with a CL owner. im pretty excited fellas

its a Zookie GS500 for $2900

ADV
D
V

dont bring your car memes in here lad

>tfw only one pic of baiku

>let off the throttle some

This is what saved you. The transfer of weight to the front wheel allowed your tyre to regain traction by forcing it into the road. Good work user, your reaction was the correct one. Braking would have sent you into the asphalt.

Thinking about buying a Boblbee. Heard these are really good quality motorcycle backpacks. But expensive. Anyone have one?

CHEEKI
BREEKI

Both riders conscious, race was red-flagged and restarted with -1 lap after cleanup.

Suzuki does some cool shit. They're the only Jap brand that has a V engine right now I think (Honda might still), and the only one that sells a stock supermoto in the US.

Old suzukis are indestructible, especially the k0-k3.

Looks really uncomfortable and pretty pointless.

There's no way that cop thinks he could actually catch any of them, and definitely not all of them.

I have a $20 puma and it mother fucking works even at 120 mph

i feel like this was an accident that couldve been easily avoided

check out dat huge rear brake skidmark

Ok, guys? I'm the guy discussing Ducatis with his father.

I've never even opened a bike thread before, but seriously I like it here. I don't know shit about bikes, but I'm gonna lurk and learn now, you all are just so chill, fun and enjoyable unlike many other br/o/s.

Remember kids, running from the cops always works if you're on a motorcycle.

Where did these バカ達 learn how to ride?

Right? They were going too fast, if everyone would just slow down then no one would have been hurt.

Enjoy your stay, don't start using a trip and try to not ask stupid questions before at least googling once unless you want to be called a shitcunt.
Also the Suzuki GS 500 is the best beginner bike*.

* if you like memes

or a MOLLE Nike backpack

not everyone, just one of them. im just saying id rather give up a position in a race instead of not completing the race at all.

Not always, but usually yeah.

Fuck that gay shit just get a GoRuck.

No worries lad.

I've only seen 1 XJR about and that's said workrbo's. If I happen to see another in the future I'll assume it's you and give a nod.

Don't be afraid to ask for a test ride if you're genuinely interested in a bike, offer them a deposit first or to leave your driver's license/car keys with them and give it a go.

Best of luck mate.

get removable bike-mounted storage instead if you can. Wearing even a light backpack while riding gets annoying and fatiguing rather quickly.

Look for an MSF class in your area, take it, buy gear, then buy a used ninja 500/650, sv650, gs500, or whatever other meme bikes we shill on here and you'll be well on your way to posting .webms and shitposting

It took 20 minutes to convert the 20 webms I'm posting btw.

And that's why your not in motoGP

Monster is the only ducati that looks half decent

although the streetfighter looked even better

Fuck they get so low. I bet you could scrape your helmet

Some amazing battles between positions 2-6 this time.

Thanks guys. I'd go for a job first though, right?

Question, how do I start getting into it? I mean, cars you see them every day all your life, you are going to recognise some even if you don't know shit about vehicles in general. Bikes on the other hand...I'm in the blank entirely! Where can I read or watch or anything that talks about bikes? Even a top gear kind of thing would be good, just to see some shapes and names.

Make em longer

>paying over 200 for a fucking gimmicky milfag backpack

There

>Monster is the only ducati that looks half decent

It's literally a bike with a penis stick out under it.

Watch that one top gear episode in Vietnam.

explain to me how giving up a position is worse than a DNF, putting yourself out of commission for a while, or straight up dying.

that aint true, look at this fat cyclops, its great.

The Panigale is pretty sexy in person.

Lurk /dbt/. 90% of the random shit I know about bikes is from here, and I know more about bikes than the vast majority of bikers I meet.

>accepting anything less than 1000D cordura