What happens when Teslas run out of power on the side of the highway?

What happens when Teslas run out of power on the side of the highway?

Petrol:
>hello AAA? Bring gas pls.
>k
>15 minutes later
>here's a gallon
>thx bye

Electric:
>hello AAA? bring batteries and usb charger pls
>"sorry sir we don't do that"
>w-what about a tow?
>"sure thing, that will be $200. pls wait 1 hour for nearest tow truck."

LOL. Apparently it's becoming more and more common. Those range estimates aren't as accurate as people thought they were especially in EVs. Weather plays a huge role in range. So does anything you use in the car - music, air con, headlights. And the range is 300mi at best, about half the distance of a base entry bmw or benz.

Is Tesla the biggest failure on the market next to the BRZ/FRS?

Other urls found in this thread:

newsroom.aaa.com/2011/07/ev-charging-statio/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

batteries and a usb charger wouldn't even work
you'd need a tow to a charging station
even a gas generator would take ages to give you a significant amount of range

>batteries and a usb charger wouldn't even wor
thatsthejoke

Not like he can log around a charging station or a huge ass battery.

Use some of the 800 horsies that they make to haul around like 1500lbs of battery, instead of just using it to dick around and impress nu males with your 0-60 times

>"sorry sir we don't do that"
But they do do that.
newsroom.aaa.com/2011/07/ev-charging-statio/

>owns a tesla but $200 is a problem
>has a AAA membership, pays $200 on top of yearly fees to make use of their main service.

No real surprise there, Teslas claims about battery life are no more accurate than the claims about cell phone batteries.

Even a charging station would take ages to give you a significant amount of range. That's the real issue as far as I'm concerned, you can't drive any sort of distance without stopping to recharge. Fueling gas takes a few minutes, but charging a battery will fuck your whole schedule up

>he says nu-male unironicly

>he votes for trump

>he does it for free

>What happens when Teslas run out of power on the side of the highway?

Doesn't Tesla's nav system flash big red dicks when you try to plot a course exceeding the battery range?

>Park Tesla in garage over night
>Guy in a Subaru does a hectic skid into a transformer
>Power knocked out for blocks
>Wake up in morning to drive to work
>No juice in car
>Call boss up
>"Can't make into work today, boss"
>"You're fired"

Why can't you daisy chain two Tesla's together so the lead car powers to following flat car?

>being absent/late enough times for this to be his first reaction

>Is Tesla the biggest failure on the market next to the BRZ/FRS?
lol bait

>can afford a tesla
>isnt the boss

Almost anybody can afford a Tesla on a 6 year lease if they were to live cheap enough.

By that logic anybody can own any single thing.

While nearly true, it's ridiculous.

Talked to a guy with a Tesla at a cars and coffee meet a few weeks ago. According to him if you have any sort of mechanical troubles or anything like that you just call them up and Tesla sends out a repair technician who will attempt to get your car running again on site if possible and if not they give you the car they drove there in so you can leave while they wait with your car until a tow truck arrives. No cost to the owner, it's all part of owning a Tesla. If it really is the way he described it's not a bad deal at all.

How can any other brand even hope to compete?

By making vehicles that don't need a technician shipped out?

Is that really profitable with a couple million Tesla's on the road?

Do you think that level of service is sustainable? Or will that sort of thing only be available to new owners/models?

I can't see how they're making enough money to operate like they do; yes the cars are expensive but they don't have the volume yet, so where's the money coming from? My guess is that their profits are falsely inflated by the pre-orders and that Tesla is not far in the black, if at all.

It's not sustainable. When you sell out 100+ grand for a car, you expect amazing quality and amazing service. Now that Model 3 is coming out, everyone will have one. They can't maintain that kind of service for long.

>owns a tesla but $200 is a problem
I dont' understand this meme. I make six figures and can afford a Tesla, but I still don't like wasting money.

What is a taxi?

You should be fired you fucking faggot.

Poorfags can't into money.

If it's expensive it's a waste. Muh starving Africans, etc.

At the same time "it's just $200, it's not my money but you should spend it because you can afford it. I fucking hate people better off than myself, we need to redistribute wealth. Now I'm off to lease a 3 Series and refer to it as "the Beemer.""

>failure
>new technology that is developing fast and achieving great things, especially for the future of public transports and reliable engines

whatever man

All of Musks ventures beside PayPal are hemorrhaging money. He's only keeping them propped up with funny accounting moving cash between them, having his companies buy each other and from government subsidies. But his investors are drinking the coolaid

It'll all come tumbling down if he doesn't start selling real volumes of cars. Especially since his rockets have a habit of exploding.

considering how expensive a model s is and how relatively spartan the car is they might make a decent margin.

No, you make six figures BECAUSE you don't like wasting money
I see this all the time
A friend of mine, barely scraping by with 300 a month changed car and apartment for bigger, more expensive ones and them went through 7 cellphones in the same year

ITT: what happens when Tesla meets autisms fragile ego/hobby of gas cars.

I can't afford a Tesla but I want to drive mostly on electricity so I got this little bitch

I'm sorry for your loss

yeah seconded

I came pretty close to leasing a Fiat 500E when they were like $29 a month, because I feel the same, but it turned out that it would've been too much of a bitch to have the good charging gear installed at my house. (I live on a hill and the garage is actually above rooms, so any kind of wiring thing is a nightmare.)

BMW, Mercedes etc have dedicated roadside assistance.

Why has no one thought of quick swap battery packs yet?

or at least an emergency backup cell you can keep in your trunk to extend range 50m to a plug

DS (Citroën really) does that for my DS3. Almost every half decent company gets you going asap.

How about not running out of anything, be it fuel or electricity? Running out of fuel on the Autobahn is considered an avoidable breakdown and fined with 30 to 70 Euros and up to 2 points on your license depending on how long you're stopped on the shoulder. Simply fuel up earlier and don't wait for the warning light.

This. There definitely is no excuse for running out of fuel or battery power. You'd think that people with enough money to afford a Tesla would have enough sense not to. Then again, how many multimillionaires have gone broke in a matter of years?

Why exactly? Is there something wrong with the Volt?

I dunno about the autobahn but do you realize we have entire states bigger than your country? Who's going to run all those EV/gas stations?
T. Someone who ran out of gas when the nearest ones were 100+ miles in either direction

This post is bait. AAA does not come to your car, they call a local tow company that is in their network, and that company sends out a wrecker. That wrdcker ALWAYS has a jump pack in it, which you get to use free. That jump pack is designed to jump a tractor trailer. I've seen that jump pack brind cars with dead batteries back to life. That fucking little blue jump pack is a lightning bolt from the gods, it forces raw amps into the circuit.

That jump pack will jump an electric car. You just need to tell AAA that you already tried to jump it, the driver will bring the pack. He'll use it, the entire car will roar to life, and he'll leave. An electric car will take the forced current and distribute it to the battery cells. This will give an electric car 20% - 40% charge.

The whole thing takes 20 minutes, including the wait. OP is a fucking kike.

Should've thought about that 100 miles earlier, you dimwit. Usually big gaps between gas stations are clearly marked "NEXT GAS YXZ MILES".

>every vehicle has a gas tank that holds 100+ miles of fuel
Protip - I fueled up at the last station.
It's easy to say and easier to do

what kind of limp wristed faggot isn't voting for trump?

Usually vehicles do have gas tanks that hold several hundred miles worth of fuel unless you're riding a hacked up ruined Harley with an anal douche worth of gas in its style over substance teardrop tank.

so you ran out of gas in 100 miles?

How you spend money doesn't determine your job income.

Teslas are stupid because the battery is nothing but 1000 Panasonic laptop cells, they don't last very long, after a few years expect to have 50-60% of the capacity when th battery was new.
Also the battery is half the price of the car, we're not really fur electric cars yet, battery tech is still shit.

Not ready***

or use the batteries from the apache helicopter, as people in electric drag racing have been doing for twenty years you degenerate fucking kike

Because clearly you're not allowed to have a commuter shitbox that you beat on mercilessly and the only requirement is that it gets acceptable fuel economy and is reliable.

Veeky Forums is filled with retards that don't understand the concept of a weekend car.

I really hope you don't believe the bullshit you're spouting.

Can't wait until we get overtaken by civilized nations when we adopt cannibalistic domestic policy and attempt to strong arm countries as if we were the sole world power.

Then again, I can't wait until I'm prosecuted for having a penis and get forced to donate to the Clinton foundation.

they don't have the range.

roadside assistance will ring a vehicle that can charge the car enough to get it to a charging station, or will tow it to the charging station.

EVs in general are just hype.

You don't save any money on gas by buying a car that's overpriced by $15,000. That much money in gas will last you for 10+ years.

In addition battery tech is just not here yet. Elon Musk keeps saying when the batteries die, it'll be "cheap" to replace. Bullshit. It's not an alien technology. It's the same lithium ion your laptops and phones use, only difference is instead of 16 cells, there's a few thousand. It'll start dying within 5 years. Tesla Roadster replacement batteries are going for $30,000. That's the price of a NEW FUCKING LUXURY CAR and they are dying right around the time I knew they would. 5-6 years later.

In addition, Tesla S90D is only fast because torque and AWD up until 100. When it reaches 100, it's as slow as a Prius. Plus it's too damn heavy to break and too damn fat to turn. So you essentially got a Hellcat for double the price but can only do half the range. It can't even lap the Nurburgring ONCE before running out of juice. The base entry Tesla 3 is slower then an Accord.

Have fun with a failed tech.

Yes, you'd have to purposely try to run out of battery power

OP is an idiot

>he's a lolbertarian

>No, you make six figures BECAUSE you don't like wasting money
Jesus fucking christ there should be a limit to how retarded you mongoloids can be.

>"hello tow company, i was retarded enough to buy an electric shitbox for the price of an s-class & ran out of battery. i fully admit i am autistic and will lick your asshole for wasting your time on this fine day"
there's your script

you know you're suppose to let it charge at home
so you always have a "full tank" when leaving your home

More weight, less cabin space and less range becauee of the space needed to attach the battery and have it securely mounted

Also, Tesla hate people fiddling with their cars and a removable battery pack is another thing to me messed with

Where do you attach it to then genius?
The bit the Tesla batteries are kept in are welded shut
And you can't do it through the charging port because that's controlled by the computer and won't let you put 100 amps through it

>meming about the godmachine

>>>/reddit

>$200
more like 500

>but I want to drive mostly on electricity
why are retards like you allowed to breathe

Why are you triggered so easily?
Electricity is cheaper than gas. I can commute to work and back on battery power alone.

Well seeing as I paid about $16k for it (it's really only worth $1k???) and it currently has 20k milles and I expect to drive it until about 100-150k miles and electricity is significantly cheaper than gas I don't lose too much sleep.

Several owners have well over 100k electric miles logged on their Volts. Chevrolet has yet to replace a battery due to degradation probably because the cooling system and reserve capacity they employ is extremely conservative.

Not sure why you're going on about Teslas. I dont have one and I was kidding when I said I wanted one.

Fuck Teslas. Environmental bullshit that places like Commeifornia and Commie-Norway are pushing for no good reason.

Company is hemorrhaging money and is bound to lose even more with the buying of the solar panel company. Elon is a bad businessman and his house of cards is coming down - Tesla is expected to buckle with the release of the Model 3, SpaceX blew up a customer's satellite and will probably lose contracts and won't be allowed to fly their reusable shit.

>Tesla is expected to buckle
Doesn't matter, they've already kickstarted the EV revolution. EVs can be cool and desirable now, other brands are slowly adding EVs to their lineup and it's only a matter of time before every car company faces a choice: go full electric or go under.
Tesla has already fulfilled its purpose.

> He thinks Elon wants a martyr of a business

>Tesla has already fulfilled its purpose
No they haven't. Their goal is affordable electric cars for the masses, regardless of the badge on the car.

That said, where are the EV competitors for the Camry/Accord, Corolla/Civic?

No.. I have AAA and any towing is free for 15 miles to where I want the car towed to

On topic, most owners of EV cars figure out the "real" estimated miles for their vehicle. Duh it's less than advertised in real conditions

Holy shit this is hilarious. Who gets this mad over nothing?

Read their "master plan". That's their purpose.

It's going to fail an they're going to end up in the taxi business because most americans NEED the range of gas and some power above 60mph for highway driving. EVs are basically metro vehicles, chained to the densest holdouts of civilization. America doesn't have a lot of dense shitholes, and the ones we do have are turning everyone else off the prospect of being "more civilized" because high density living seems to be an anachronism that drives people insane (caveman no have thing faster than horse, caveman have no weapon better than bow, caveman have no way to share fire over hill, caveman must live close together for safety and prosperity)

He's kind of right

The majority of environmental damage comes from literally everywhere but modern street cars. It comes from third worlders running everything on 2-strokes, it comes from giant diesel engines with displacement measured in gallons, and it comes from manufacturing and power generation. The slightly dirty Co2 that a car spews is the least of anyone's concerns, and it would be legitimately better for the environment to simply scrap or retrofit the more polluting vehicles on the road system and then manufacture carbon recapture facilities instead of MINING AND MANUFACTURING ENDLESS HEAPS OF SHIT FOR AS LONG AS CONSUMERS ARE BEING BORN AND PRETENDING THE SLIGHT REDUCTION IN ROAD EMISSIONS MEANS FUCK

Liberals are going to fucking slaughter our planet and our freedom at the same time

hurr why it is it a smog colored lifeless marble i thought we banned the internal combustion engine on public streets
durr idk by the way isn't this cruiseliner nice i love the ocean and the smell of unburnt fuel oil
anyways i sure am glad i can't travel outside the city unless i take the train
me too