Tires

Do you guys do tire threads? Can we get a rubber thread please? I'm looking for new tires for a 2011 Honda Civic of Size 205 /55 R16 and I'm thinking about the Falken Pro G4 all season for it from Discount Tire will those be all right for Portland weather?

Tire thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ExtremeContact DWS
tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Ecsta PA31
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump? Are these a good tire choice?

Goodyear vector 4seasons Gen 2 are the daddy all seasons

Do yourself a favor and invest in a higher quality tire

I've had no issues with Falken Ziex tires when I had a Neon. Best advice is to read reviews on sites like Tire Rack and look out for rain ratings. Portland and Florida (where I live) are important places to have good wet traction.

This site is useless for advice, but good for automotive memes and asking opinions on Regular Car Reviews

>best all season tire
Conti DWS

Prove me fucking wrong

PROTIP: you can't

Only available in big sizes I think

Should I go all-seasons + winters or summers + winters?

Going to get a set of Blizzaks no matter what, but I'm deciding whether to go for performance or versatility for the other 3 seasons. Got Pilot A/S 3 Sports on right now, might upgrade to Super Sports or DZII Star Specs once these wear out

I used pt722 falkens before going for summer tire year round. They worked great even in grass mud and driving rain

Michelin Crossclimates here, it doesn't snow in LONDON

Recently bought some Yokohama AD08R's to try out, anyone here have experience with them? I've heard the tyre life is a bit short but they're supposed to be great in the wet for if you get caught in the rain

LOUD
But I like the fact that they come in 15s, might get some

Get the Sumitomo HTR A/S P02's instead. It's literally the same tire but you'll probably save close to $100 on a full set vs having the Falken name on it. With Amazon prime, I got a set of 4 shipped to my door for $300.

I bought these

Alright, So I'm buying my first set of tires. While I can mount and balance them, I don't really know which ones are actually good. Any recommendations on a good tire for 95% highway driving? Don't really care about ride quality/sound. Size is 205/65/15.
Currently looking at Yoko Avid Envigors, are those any good?

Gotta say I've been a Yokahama fan quite a while...first the advan series...now the S-drives...yes longevity is not that of say Michelin or Goodyear...but they really are magical in the rain!!!

whatever as long as its h rated

Depends on where you live mang. I lived in Idaho and used my blizzaks from November to early March. But now I live near Portland and use them about one week out of the year.

I have a set of summers (BFG Rivals) and all seasons (cheap "Barum" all season things) as well, and I barely use the all seasons except during months where my summer tires would degrade due to the temp (the rubber breaks down in below freezing temps on some summer tires).

The all seasons are worse than the summers even in the rain. The only thing the all seasons do better than the summers is when it comes to standing water. The summer tires hydroplane pretty bad sometimes but if the road is just wet they have a lot of grip.

Never go the ultra cheap "but these only cost $50" tyre
And if you go midrange you may as well spend the extra $20/corner on upper midrange

Its why my girlfriends cheap car runs Pirelli P1's because they were all of $100 more for a full set then the dunlops she was going to get, I paid the extra because shes a new driver

Dunlops are better lol. Pirellis are overpriced garbage

Dunlops are just Sumitomo's.

General tire / continental make good tires for about $100 each

Currently on continental true contacts and buying general rt43

What about quiet tires? My DD will never see any fun roads, just a lot of highway driving. I'm finding comfort a lot more appealing as I get older.

I've got a set of Sumitomo HT-R's on my old Astro.Too bad the front end alignment is fucked,ruined the front ones in 6 months but the back tires are maybe 4 years old with most tread left.

LAUFENN G FIT AS-$50 per tire

What can offroad/truck bros tell me about General AT2s? Any other suggestions for that price range? Looking for 285/75R16s

good tires. they have about the same quality as good year wranglers. similar tread pattern. but all in all good tires. would recommend

Op here. Because of a special we ended up with a set of Yokohama yk 740 gtx and as soon as we left and hit the freeway it Vibrates slightly when going over 60mph . Going back in the morning. Could it be bad balance?

This is true of Dunlop Asia and maybe also Europe, not entirely sure.
There is still a separate Dunlop that is not owned by Sumitomo I can't remember if it's the US or European one

No they're not. Dunlop is a sister company to Goodyear.

>Can we get a rubber thread please?

>we ended up with

Who the fuck is we? It's not even your car is it you little shit

I need some rubbers for this beast please what get? 205/50R17

The royal we, you don't expect him to handle the money, buy the tires and drive the car all by himself do you

any wrx anons able to offer suggestions for winter tires? i live in PA and get a fair amount of snow so i've started shopping for winters or all seasons since my 2017 came with summers

>not being there for your gf and helping her find tires for her first car
Grow up faggots. You bicker worse than post menopause old chinese ladies on a Manchurian toe binding board.

Yes, they are. Sumitomo owns 100% of Dunlop as of 2015 when they bought out Goodyear's shares.

>deliberately choosing shit tyres for your gf
are you a beneficiary of her life insurance by any chance?

My 2016 WRX came with all-seasons, not summers. I'm willing to bet yours came with the same Dunlop Sport Maxx A/S tires mine did. They're fine for a little snow. I'm afraid I can't give you any snow tire recs, as I live in California.

Mishap last night.

Lost the rear end doing an F1 style flick through an apex at 105mph. Fought hard but still smashed a curb and punctured the tire wall. Happened on closed track.

All marks are SOMEHOW buffing out of the wheel. The curb was small and the tire took the impact fortunately. These wheels are true ZCP one's for the E46 M3's and are expensive.

Just bought a set for the front. Went from 245 Bridgestone Potenza RE 050A Scuderia's to Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position. Went up 10mm in the front to 255. I now run 255 35R19/285 30R19 rear. 245/285 setup was ok but sometimes had DSC intervention issue's dut to the front and rear width difference.

tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ExtremeContact DWS

If you want all seasons.

I got a set of these for western ny.

tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Ecsta PA31

My nigga, that's my favorite tire.