Speed limit 40

>Speed limit 40

How fast are (you) going?

All speedos read out. also 10%

As fast as I feel tbhfam. It goes without saying that you use your prudent judgement before deciding to hoon but i've more or less memorized all the popular cop hiding spots and all the roads which are very rarely monitored so i know those roads which i can treat like the Mulsanne straight.

This
Small town ftw

45-49

Depends on the road, the conditions, and my knowledge of the area.

Usually like 45 or so.

>yfw you've hit 100 mph on a small winding country road before

m8s never go driving after watching Group B footage compilations on youtube

>Mach 12

I live in Canada but pretty much drive in MPH as do most.

45-50 is a good comfy cruise speed honestly

My 40 is a hilly twisty with loads of trees for shit visibility and also we got deer out the ass so no greater than 70 but usually 60

Assuming good weather, minimal traffic, no special features, in-state? 55-60.

Out of state? 39 ½, unless my rental car has in-state plates.

Shit weather? 0-40.

Lots of traffic? 32, the speed of the woman texting while driving the minivan at the front of the peloton.

Road is shitty/lots of driveways/poor visibility? 40-45.

>going sanic fast on lonely backroads

is there anything better?

I hear sex is pretty good sometimes.

explains the 2 mile long line outside your mom's room every day.

Come to think of it, I much prefer your mom's lonely backroad.

>Veeky Forums banter
both of you are retarded

>speed limit 35, top speed 117
Catch me if you can coppers

nah

40 or the flow of traffic, I try and drive normally when I'm not racing but have been in a few stoplight skirmishes and cat and mouse on road trips.

Doing it while high
Veeky Forums is retarded
Road trip rivalries always under up being with some woman

Me too I try to watch my speed during the day, but usually Ill be doing 80 on surface streets at night and 60 all the way to work using the back roads.

>cut some guy off
>he cuts you off
>end up doing 120mph together all the way to work
That was a fun commute

shitting your pants when you pass someone at 90 and you think they're going to call the cops but instead they give you a thumbs up

>sharting your pants when you run a light you always run
>car rolling up in opposite lane
>its a cop
>doesn't so shit

normal day about 75-90 mph, feeling crazy and streets are empty 140ish

probably 40, I've learned that it's cheaper to just follow the limit than try to gain a few seconds on wherever I'm driving and risk getting a ticket

fuck, the system works

Who would actually call the police?

Best thing to do if a cop asks you if you know how fast you were going is to just kind of shrug and make a grimace face. Say no words.

checked

I'd be doing 44 unless it's a known speed trap bc cops won't do shit

I'm a point away from losing my license so I take 'er easy

>Who would actually call the police?
people who don't like fun

75-90 in a 40?

Are you serious?
Ah yes
Old people, moms, honda drivers, off duty police, jews, middle-aged fucks, etc.
How'd that happen?

Went through a roundabout at 70kmh, it was a little tough

Large roundabout or were you hektikally skidding around it?

This is an off topic reply.

Hektik m8, medium size roundabout, but a pretty steep turn after the exit as well, felt like dagumi with my double skid

It was only a little hairy because I drive an MR2, I try to avoid losing traction like the plague

So file a report, poindexter

>on aussie mountain road
>speed limit is 70
>turn on eurobeat and hit triple digits
>some cunt in a commodore trying to catch up
>he cliffs it and i just keep looking forward
He was probably fine

Prison hasn't treated Frosty well.

45-60

ok bench racer, we all know your MR2 can't break traction with its 30hp

This desu.
I dont go crazy fast, but the speed limits around here are 1900's single horse carriage tier. Mostly it is 20+ over (kmh). If i am in a residential area, but a state road, i keep it 10+
Inside residential areas and streets, i obey the limit.

Is there any traffic?
What time of day is it?
What's the weather like?
How sharp is the next bend?
Is there a speed camera around?

About 45.

Seems intense
Hahahaha
Just like a regular road dude, Jesus fuck

Why is it always iraq war veterans in listed trucks getting uppity about speeders? Especially motorcycles speeding?

The fuck is a listed truck

it's what autocorrect thinks i meant when i spell "Lifted"

How can you tell if they're giving you thumbs up? How do you know you're not getting a bird flipped at you?

52 by the speedo, which is like 49 or 50 in real life.

"Bench racer"?
Sorry, Not quite familiar with the lingo yet

What do you mean?
I kinda had a similar experience when I passed a sign that displayed your speed saying I was doing 53 when my speedometer said 60
What gives??

This

There is twisty lonely road near my town. Cut in hill, amazing view on lake on one side and hill wall on other (similar to pic related). There are no cameras and cops dont have place to place radar without eing seen from distance, perfect road.

>going home from business trip
>finaly coming to that road
>its almost midnight and its as dark as it gets outside
i love drving at night because i can cut corners more and drive faster since ill see headlights of another car coming miles away
>last resident area is passed and at this point there wont be cops
>herewego-jpg
>2 minutes in and there is black a8 in front of me going under speed limit
>disguynotfromhere
>scream past him in my significantly weaker diesel shitbox
>he punches it too
>overtakes me on short stretch
>coming to corners
>he doesnt cut as hard
> scream pass again on inside of very dangerous corner
>gained nice distance but i see him because of headlights
>stretched part comes and i see police sirens in the back
motherfucker was pushing me over 180kmh and now he reveals himself, aslo since when cops have fucking a8s
>followed him to gas station and prepared my wallet for raping
>2 guys get out, driver is impressed with my mad skillz
turned out they were court cops and that was ministers new car they were delivering
pretty cool dudes, we go on car meetups and they got me out of few nasty speeding tickets as well

Maybe you've got smaller than stock tires

>Just like a regular road dude, Jesus fuck
At what time of day, in what weather, and what sort of 'regular' road is it?

All of those things listed help determine my speed. For example, if a 40 limit road is wide and straight in the early morning in good weather, foot fucking down up to 60-70 if there's nobody around and no traffic lights to hit. But probably 10 if I'm lucky during the day because of traffic stopping me going anywhere.

A twisty, narrow-laned 40 limit road would be up to 60 at night in good weather, 50 if it's wet, and more like 40-45 if it's foggy or really fucking wet.
And likely 30 during the day because normies are terrified of things like corners.

If you drive at the same speed regardless of condition, time of day, or traffic, you're a fuckwit. You're holding up people when it's clear, and driving dangerously when the weather's bad.

No they're the stock size; what does that have to do with it?

Not that user, there's a road that I have to take to get to the dog park that twists and then drops and twists again but people always go around 25 when even in my crown vic I can easily do 45-50 on it without getting sketchy
3am runs are the best

City, about 45-50 tops
Country road? 50 to 65, Lotta people drive that speed out on those roads, there's only a couple of places on those roads you gotta slow down on because of cops

I slow down if it is raining pretty good

i speed in my work truck constantly

cops never radar me because im in a work truck

ive sped right by cops and they could care less they

Four-teen-year-s-old-t

If you put bigger tires on car it will show lower than actual speed and it wont show correct number of miles driven, it will show less. If you put smaller tires situation is opposite.

It's logical, let's assume when tire does 1 rotation it moves car 1 meter ahead, if you put smaller tires and car moves 0.8 meters it will show the same distance traveled because speedo in every car is set up for one size.

Interesting

I only speed on the highway and when i do it's well over 100

Manufacturers deliver their cars with the speedo showing around 5% too much to play it safe in case it gets a little out of tune or the user changes to a slightly different tire size because the speedo being off in the opposite direction by even a fraction of a mph or kph is grounds to declare the vehicle road unworthy in many countries.

I got pulled over in Florida at 2 in the morning on the interstate going 79 in a 70 which is absolute bullshit.
>"yeah bro just put the cruise control at 77 in america cops never pull people over on the freeway if they're not going 10+ over"
And then on top of that I was literally the only car on the road and the trooper decided to lecture me about being a danger to other motorists around me. Caused me a ton of problems and ruined the all great American road trip too...

>ruined the all great American road trip too
Did you have out-of-state plates? Cops know you're less likely to contest a ticket if you have to travel the country to do so.

>honda drivers

Why the fuck did I laugh so hard at you singling out people who drive one make of car

>speedlimit 45 through windy backroads
>touge mode engage
>never go below at least double the limit
>always at 8k rpm

>that mutually assured destruction when someone agrees to go WOT with you for no reason on the highway

yiss

80 MPH
>not always going double the posted speed limit
>40
gay

>fellow mr2 driver

Roundabouts are so fucking fun. Like a makeshift traction limit tester

>what is lift-off weight transfer

Because stereotypes are funny because its true?
They're usually pissed it seems actually

What is it?
I really don't know

The MR2 is midengined so all of the weight is in the back. One of the first things you learn with the car is that you never let off the gas too fast in corners because if you lift straight off of it, and especially if you brake, all the weight transfers to the front of the vehicle and the rear wheels lose traction, and when you couple that with the momentum of the weight of the engine sitting in the back, the ass end wants to slide out. Snap oversteer, aka noob mr2 driver syndrome

>Because stereotypes are funny because its true?

It really is true. Why the fuck do honda drivers get so uptight about shit like that? They always seem to have the worst reactions.

I did not know that, it doesn't really apply to me beacaude I drive a 97 civic
Fuck you guys

>he bought a civic

This is the one I got, they washed it tonight and I'm picking it up in the morning wheeee

"""""""""""""""""""""""JDM"""""""""""""""""""""
eco spec civic lol

>be last night
>driving home
>30 mins away
>housemate phones, asks if I want pizza
>tell him I can pick it up on the way home
>he says he'll pay the extra $3 for fast delivery
>onlikedonkeykong.jpg
>speed all the way home
>run a red light
>still didn't beat that Domino's cunt

Hold me brosephs, I'm not going to make it.

Fagumi used to the gutters on your ass, did he eh?