US owners of imported vehicles, what's your method of converting kmph to mph on the fly?

US owners of imported vehicles, what's your method of converting kmph to mph on the fly?

I've been driving an imported car over here for a month or so, and I'm really bad about remembering where they line up. I also drive late at night a lot, and it's pretty crucial I don't speed at all. The police around here are pretty strict.

There's a speedometer app I was using for a while, but I have a new headunit that I keep my phone plugged into. I would really like a small digital speedometer to put in a panel where my sunroof controls would be.

tl;dr: driving imported car in US, want small digital speedometer.

Just get a GPS that displays speed.

I want something relatively small though, a GPS is going to generally be pretty bulky.
Pic above would be ideal, but that price.

I just do it in my head.
Basically 50kmph 30mph... 60mph 100kmh. Other than that I use Navigon app on my phone, works as a navi as well and shows you speed as well. If you want to be proper about it just change the dash dials to the mph one, most cars do have mph, even for uk market etc.

ebay nigga

alternatively just know the conversion

Didn't think about that.
Just checked, the full dial set it only like $65. I'm about to do an LED conversion, so I might just do it all at once

You could print new hash marks for the speedo. It might be hard to make it look OEM though.

Hillspeed GPS speedometer.

cool clock Ahmed

When I vacationed in Canada, I just kept in mind that 1 km is equal to .6 miles. So if you're going 80km/h, it's half that value then add ten. 80kmh is 50mph.

>relatively small
relative to what?

I mean, I don't really want a 4" screen for a GPS that I'm going to have to position strangely.

I'm planning on putting it right below the regular gauges.

Divide by 2 and you'll be good enough, slow down if you're flying past everyone

Pretty much this size.

Stop being gay and use your phone

>There's a speedometer app I was using for a while, but I have a new headunit that I keep my phone plugged into.

Read

166 kph = 100 mph

why dont you just put some stickers on the dial with the mph? (30mph at the 50km mark, 60 at the 100km mark etc) Looks a bit ghetto but it works

You could always just learn the superior speed measurement.

I just use a GPS in my 240sx. For some reason the dildo before me put a KM/H cluster in. Doesn't matter, it'd be off anyways because of the wheel size I'm running.

Use your brain.

40 = 25
50 = 30
60 = ~35
70 = ~45
80 = 50
90 = 55
100 = 60
110 = 65
120 = ~70

Not hard to remember.

below 100, 8=5

wrote the numbers on some tape, put them every 10 mph or so, after a while you just get used to it

10 km/h = 6 mi/h

Those are off.

on the fly?

sticky notes and sharpie marks

something cheap would be a speedometer app on a cellphone.

MPH to Kph: Add 60%

50 MPH + 50% (25) + 10% (5) = 80 Kph

Kph to MPH: Subtract 40%

120 Kph - 40% (48) = 72 MPH

not enough to matter

Friendly reminder only burgers and a few other fourth world countries use imperial.

literally
>100 km/h ~= 60 mph
and estimate the rest

Put a bit of masking tape on the IC at important speeds once you get used to the position on the needle remove it

DIESEL FUCKING FIAT

Either a cheap GPS speedometer or an Ultragauge

Imperial is more estimate-friendly.

Why would you gimp daily life by using a system with "easily converting between magnitudes" as the sole talking point?