Alright Veeky Forums

Alright Veeky Forums

I want to be that guy. That jackass. The legend.

I want to put an engine in a Tesla.

Now the build is the easy part.
I just buy a stripped shell
And drop a rear engine complete subframe in.

But what I am not sure on, is that because I live in California, how would I go about legally driving it.

As its an Ev, it's smog exempt clearly, but would that change when I repower it?

roll coal in it for ultimate antithesis

This. Put one of those Cummins v8s in it and roll coal

Even better, drop a VW TDI engine in it and tune it to roll coal for a triple envirofag asshurt wombo combo.

I'd rather put model S running gear in a shitbox and btfo everything at the lights

How are you a jackass for making a tesla more environmentally friendly?

It's not legal at all unless it's a crate engine, there's a rule about putting an older engine into a newer car. Then you have to get a state inspection and annual smog inspections. Look up if EV cars ever havve to go through any inspections. If not I'd keep it registered as an EV

I wouldn't put a old engine in it.

Probably my cheapest option would be a lotus engine assembly because it's already all there, I just would weld it in.

I'd definitely keep the Ev status if I can. But I don't think that would happen...

I figure without all the heavy ass Tesla bullshit, it should be a pretty light body.

EV's don't get inspected here in CA, so how would the state ever find out it's been modified? if you hide the exhaust tips, even cops wouldn't know. I would just stick to a quiet exhaust and turn the car off asap if you get pulled over.

Um, probably the fact that it will be all the fuck over the internet within minutes

And? Cover your plates and problem solved, he'd only get caught if he rolled coal in front of a cop

Facebook: LOOOOOoOL I just saw this guy pull into a gas station in his Tesla model s and pour gas all in it lmao.
(picture includes plate)

Put snek engine in the back and pop wheelies

>just buy a stripped shell
>just drop an engine in
you cannot afford to do this and you are literally all talk

Why not? A crashed shell would be worth scrap price and a phone call. All the panels will cost like 8k at most. Then it's all down to engineering suspension parts from other cars to put in the model s. Of course it would cost a shit load if I made it completely factory like, but all I need to do is make it look like a Tesla on the outside. The inside can be stripped, or something like a camery dash.

>this
Or maybe a diesel like another user said. RR "tesla" makes me happy

>purchase salvaged Tesla
>install cummins
>film coal rolls on cyclist, bikerfags and pedestrian
>adsense pays for build and fines

worthwhile endeavor tbqh

Sadly even a high miles srt-10 is like $7000 and then I would have to have an adapter plate made to fit it to some sort of transaxle that would take 500hp and tq.
I am not familiar with a diesel that was made after the year 2012 that would be notably good. There's the brand new Cummins engines, but they are a bit tall and heavy, and lack hp.
A front end out of a vw tdi may work.

If all you care about is the tesla exterior, wouldn't it be easier to just do a body swap on an existing car? Just find something with close enough dimensions, then work from there.

That's less fun.
And the title won't say tesla

How would a Testla handle if you ditched all the batteries?

install electric FWD system to pass emissions and have an "auxiliary" RR blown big block

Kek. Fuckin Blot

pressure-activated exhaust cutouts so it's still relatively quiet until you floor it

Add some Trump stickers too

Are you fucking implying that CA highway patrol scans Facebook for viral images related to Teslas on the off chance they'll find one that's been drivetrain swapped?

I'm implying it will certainly go viral and people will know about it.
It'd be best to do it legally so It doesn't end up impounded and crushed.

Who's got time for that, goy-- err I mean Civilian

Yes actually. Local pd arrests morons showing off stolen good on FB all the time.