What's your idea of the perfect racing series? What rules & limitations would you make if you ran one?

What's your idea of the perfect racing series? What rules & limitations would you make if you ran one?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=INwqyPct8qY
youtube.com/watch?v=AFZDinelkDU
youtube.com/watch?v=H6itfpSXkZg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>What rules & limitations would you make if you ran one?
Cars have to remain on the ground at all times. No hovering or flight.
No serious damage to the track and surrounds.
Unmanned cars, remote control only.
Beyond that, go nuts. First one to finish the race wins, contact encouraged.

F1 Unlimited

>Must be 4 wheels
>Must touch the track (so no airplanes)
>Crashing or ramming other cars = same penalties as before
>No cutting corners

That's it. Can't wait to see what kind of madness they cook up now that nothing is holding them back.

Almost forgot
>There needs to be a driver. No pussy remote control.

>microturbine/turboshaft CVT godmachines

Can't wait.

100% stock cars bought from the factory with no chances of teams messing with the tuning.

Lol yes

What if I made an airplane that had a small suspended wheel that always kept contact with the track?

It's going to cut corners. How are you going to take hairpin turns in a fucking airplane?

Production cars chosen from a random dealer hours before the race...

1 halo car from each company willing to participate

cars must compete for the same market (similar price tags or performance)

tracks will made to give focus on both power and tight handling 50/50 track layout

You saved my picture! user I feel flattered and also infringed upon

Yea m8, it was a cool pic. Wanna trade?

It already existed.

I honestly needed an excuse to use that working Joe picture

Reliant Robin racing series, contact is encouraged.
Every team has a 400hp turbocharged Robin with a roll cage and ridiculous looking rear wing. There will be road courses with hairpin turns, and nascar style high speed oval tracks where one little bump results in a rollover at 100mph.
It's safe to assume a lot of drivers will die.

61 men enter

1 man leaves alive

Call it Formula 0-60

pretty much this

Underrated post
youtube.com/watch?v=INwqyPct8qY

rallycross on downscaled famous replica circuts but in dirt,
at least one jump per track
unrestricted flat six turbo engines
mid, rear or front mid engine design
longer races than current rallycross
heritage race at the start of the season with group b cars.

rallycross is already a thing..?
youtube.com/watch?v=AFZDinelkDU

n/a V12
non-sequential manual
fat slicks
minimal downforce

Stock car series

Car must be 100% street legal in the US when racing. There must be a production run of at least 200 vehicles that must be as close as possible to the actual race car. Relative to the homologated variant the only permissible modifications will be the roll cage, steering wheel, and gauge cluster. Airbags can be deleted as well. However, suspension, engine, drivetrain, bodywork/aero, chassis, HVAC, stereo, and all other electronics must be retained in the racing variant. Maximum cost of the homologated variant cannot exceed 200,000 USD per unit inflation adjusted by CPI starting from 2016.

I would expect to see a lot of cars like the GT3 RS, Viper ACR, and other interesting things.

like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=H6itfpSXkZg

Highly technical track
Everyone gets an AE86
No limits
Super eurobeat constantly playing on loudspeakers and in driver cockpits (drivers get to select their own eurobeat)
First one at the end wins

Never ever again

Gumtape deathmatch
Eurobeat must be played at max volume
Contact is encouraged
Can be held anywhere with a lot of turns

/thread

This x100

1. 4 Wheels
2. Driver
3. No flying

go wild

Tracks will be all sorts: Rally, oval, dirt ovals, low, mid, and high-speed circuits around the world.

Only one car is permitted per team a series, and manufacturers must use a car for only one team, unless different drivetrains and/or engines are used.

Each race is ~250 miles and only one pit stop is allowed.

No corner-cutting or contact is allowed. One second will be added to your laptime if you do cut or hit.

All I want is F1 with a 40+ car grid. And maybe get rid of all the fuel limits and allow manufacturers to work on their cars a little bit more than they currently can.

That would be crazy. One car designed for actual racing circuits, city streets, dirt, desert, and ovals.

I really wonder how insane cars would get if F1 wasn't so cucked and allowed whatever engines. I think we are down to V6 turbo from V12. Imagine F1 with V12 turbo and electric motors. Shit would be pushing 3000hp easy.