So anybody know anything about mowers? Cause this thing is driving me up the wall and the internet is failing me

So anybody know anything about mowers? Cause this thing is driving me up the wall and the internet is failing me.

Oh c'mon, it's only three wires left to get it running.

it doesn't have ecoboost

I'm so glad you described your problem OP, really helpful.

His problem is that it's driving up walls, but that sounds more like a feature than a problem desu senpai

where's tractorfag when you need him.

Waiting to see if it was a waste of time, like on the cub cadet forum where it has 0 replies after 4 hours.

Alright, that engine was never supposed to go on there, but I put it on cause it's what I had. Red wire from the engine goes to red on the harness, black wire from the engine in that same two prong plug goes to the white which is actually yellow in the harness. The wire I'm holding goes to the coil, but if I plug it into either of those single red wires, it blows this fuse and everything is dead.

I'm running out of fuses and I can't figure out the few diagrams that google comes up with. None of them cross over from that engine to that mower, obviously. But damn, it's only three wires, it can't be that hard, right? That's all I have left to get it running and I have 50 yards to cut this week.

It's a cub cadet 364 and a briggs 18hp model 422777 boxer engine.

>Let's go to an automotive board where 90% of the shitposters don't know how to fix a car let alone a ride on mower
Get Real

Right, lemme go over to the mowing boar- oh wait there isn't one.

well posting on the bus rider board isn't going to get you anywhere

I wonder what happened to based Tractorfag...

Even the few of us here that turn wrenches can't tell what the fuck you need to do just by looking at a couple of wires. Try posting the actual diagrams. Better yet, try posting them on /diy/ or /g/.

LS swap it.

>The wire I'm holding goes to the coil, but if I plug it into either of those single red wires, it blows this fuse and everything is dead.
The coil might require an external resistor.
disconnect it and measure its resistance.

You really think if I could find the right diagrams I'd be asking you?

Measured zero.

And the wire went straight to the ignition on the mower I took it off of.

The wire to the coil should be for your kill switch. Single wire to/from the coil, right? Or a batch of 3, two of which come from the magneto iirc.

The magneto should have two wires.

Not sure on your specific model, just speaking from what I remember when I rebuilt my Lawn Chiefs Briggs.

>Zero
Thats why its blowing the fuse.
You can find ignition resistors at autoparts stores.
Sometimes they are also called ballast resistors.
Wire it in series between the coil and ignition.

Thing is, it worked fine on the other mower, but there was no fuse. Or any resistor that I could find.

Yeah, I think the magneto is wired right. It had the same two wire plug, but they wouldn't fit together, so I cut the plug off the old mower and wired it as you can see. It's that third wire that's being a pain in the ass. I can crank it as much as I want with that wire disconnected but it won't fire.

Wait, that kill switch wire doesn't go back to the starter solenoid, does it?

I almost want to tell you to bridge the fuse with some wire or something and see if it starts.
Or run a test wire from the coil to the positive battery terminal and try to start it.
try at your own risk though.

Yeah, with my luck lately I'm trying to avoid making it worse. It would help if I knew what the kill wire did. Like does it have current to it until you shut it off? Is it just a neutral wire that grounds when the switch is shut off? Is it actually the power wire for the coil that requires 12v to run?

There's so much garbage infesting the internet that every search I've run has turned up everything except what I'm looking for. It's giving me crayon drawings, ffs.

Grounding the coil shuts the engine off.

The wire running from the coil is likely going to run to the killswitch.

There isn't much to these things. as long as you can spin it over and the kill wire isn't grounded it should start and run. everything else is just for the charging system.

Yeah, it wouldn't fire and that confused me cause the engine was fine when I took it off the other mower. I rather stupidly put power to it this morning and fried the coil, so off to the mechanic it went.

an extra hour and a half, 20 stops and 2 transfers will get you there