Doing a hard pull in 2nd

>doing a hard pull in 2nd
>accidentally shift into 1st instead of 3rd

>can't get car into first while it's moving without considerable effort
Looks like I win again OP.

>stupid frogposter
I hope you gernaded your shit, faggot.

Shouldnt it block out first gear due to high speed/rev anyway? I cant do that on mine

Release the clutch slowly man, so you can disengage it early

>pass on a double yellow because lines mean nothing and i have food in the oven (every other passing zone is on a blind corner anyways)
>passee tailgates for a bit
>afraid they were getting my plate number on dashcam to show the cops
>panic and 4-2 downshift going for 4-3

If your car has an interference engine and a money shift happens, can you save it by quickly pushing in the clutch pedal?

What???

>start in first
>it's actually third
>don't stall because 3:91 rear end gears

How do you go backward shifting out of fourth?

>that panic when you get tailgated for a driving dispute for the first time
Happened to me last week, I was switching from the left lane into the center lane while someone else was attempting the same thing from the right lane and we got within a foot or two of colliding. I had a hard time seeing him because he was sorta diagonally behind me, but the fucker started tailgating me with his high beams on for a few minutes.

>think you're in 3rd gear
>shift to 2nd
>actually was in 4th
>suddenly bent valves

>accidently downshift from 3rd to 1st
>don't ask me how, I was freaked out
>L24-GOES-NUCLEAR
>cue 11,000RPM 1 second run before I REEEE and throw clutch in
>limp it back home
>surprisingly, the engine is fine
>wanted too replacw headgasket anyway, so check it out
>only signs of minor valve float

Thanks Nissan. You may suck ass now, but at least you made good engines in the past.

Basically this

It happens to me in roundabouts all the time, but with second and first

>oh boy time for third gear
>VRRRRRRRRRRM

Maybe

>slipping, fucked out transmission in statesman
>most times i manually selected gears in my goddamn automatic
>going from 3 to D
>overshoot it into R
>internally scream for a second realising what i just did
>before it shifts and fucks up, i slam it back into D
>cars fine
that was a close call for that shitbox

Nigga what? Your final drive gear is a 1:30? Or did you mean 3.91 rear end you fucking retard

>try to pass a truck + oversize load in a corner
>merging lanes after said corner
>car has 75hp

>75hp
I hope it weighs 400lbs

More like 2500.

>brodozer behind me at light does what I assume is either a line lock burnout or is just obscenely confident in brake skill
>hfw I reciprocate with a 20r celica burnout

It's pretty obvious he was referring to his rear end differential.

75 at the wheels or the crank?

You are the greater retard.

Must suck to have a shitty manual.

I see posts like this every once in a while (accidentally shift into x gear at too high speed) and I have to wonder.. what kind of vehicles/transmissions are allowing this to happen? I've driven maybe 15-20 vehicles with manual transmissions and none of them would allow you to shift into a gear that your speed was too high for or reverse while moving forward. I've tried while holding the clutch down just to see if it could and all I hear are the synchros/gears whining loudly but even with a very significant amount of pressure on the shifter it won't drop into the gear.

Do you not use the clutch when shifting man?

why would you do a thing like that?

yeah same they must have the shittiest gearbox ever

I guess really old shitboxes that have worn synchros or none at all

I don't think it's healthy to shift manually in an automatic anyway, user

kek, My l28 doesn't have a rev limiter and I love to hear it sing at 9000

>hauling ass on a Chinese pit bike
>weird shifter, 4 speeds
>goes up 4 speeds, neutral, then 4 gears again
>shifter just rolls over, never really seen one like this before
>one day topped out going down a long hill wide open throttle
>go to shift into 5th
>there is no 5th it just goes into 1st
>back tire locks up and starts sliding all over
>finally hooks up and the engine revs higher than it has ever revved
>couple days later the cam chain snaps
Rip that motor

>finally put eurobeat on my iPod
>play it on a highway drive
>after about 30 minutes, realize I've been going about 90 mph the whole time

Why does this music have this power?

>on highway
>slow car up ahead
>try to downshift from 6th to 5th
>accidentally shift to 3rd
>WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMPPPPPP
>mfw

I've done the 6th to 3rd accident once. Engine was screaming but I was like well might as well floor it already in 3rd

My Mazdaspeed Miata with 50k miles lets me throw it into reverse instead of sixth on the highway. 6 and R are extremely close together. I've probably done it a dozen times.

Wouldn't that just explode the rear end

what car?

>downshifting to come to a turn
>5th to 4th
>4th to 3rd
>3rd to 2nd
>car suddenly moves like it doesn't know what to do
>engine makes a deep rumbling sound
>completely gutless
>look down in confusion
>realize I reshifted into 4th

That Mazda 6-speed is quirky as fuck.

Wrx 3rd will take me all the way to 90

>Veeky Forums jerks off at the thought of a manual
>MUH CONTROL
>completely fucks up shifting

As long as I have my clutch fully pressed in, I can shift into whichever gear, even reverse, while moving at whatever speed. Once I let go of that clutch though, my ass better be in the right fucking gear.
>road still wet from rain last night
>cruising behind slow car while i'm goin 20 in 2nd gear
>finally get chance to overtake
>my dumbass thought I was in fourth for some reason
>shift from 2nd to 5th
>already made lane change
>car coming up behind me FAST
>ohshit.jpg
>car's gutless running at ~1200 rpm in 5th
>shift quick as fuck down to 3rd and gun it
>wheels start slippin on wet road as I try to accelerate
>fuckit
>never even got past car in front of me
>change back into right lane behind the same car I tried to overtake
>mfw I look like a dumbass that just swerved over into the left for no reason

>open differentials
>not dropping an LSD into your child's toy for hektik skids

same

>humans never make mistakes

Have you done anything to it yet?

I've got stage 2 on cobb shelf map just trying to figure out where I'm gonna get it custom tuned

nice, no not yet. just exterior (ricey) mods like neochrome headlights and a vortexer. I'm apprehensive about mods right now because muh warranty. How is the accessport?

I was like that for a bit. I started with the acess port and their stage one map. The difference is crazy. The throttle response is better it doesn't have the Rev hang bull shit. The car just runs generally better. I've got 22.5k on mine haven't had a single problem with it.

It's got 3 inch turboback and a intake. Gas mileage kinda went to shut I get about 22 on 93.

The stage one tune actually netted me more power and better mpg. Not sure how but math doesn't lie.

did that once, hit something like 9300 or 9500 and it redlines at 6500 the gauge pegs at 8k. still is perfectly fine 20k miles later so thats nice.

t. autofag

that wouldnt do anything. you would only strike a valve if your cams skipped teeth and fucked up the timing. if you hit a valve from over revving youre fucked anyway because it means your piston already escaped the clutches of the con rod and is making a break for it straight into the head.

>Mazda speed Miata

Factory rated. 10 years old thereabouts.

The rear wheel didn't actually lock, just saying.

So much this. That is really a shitty feeling. Other day I almost crashed with some dude. I was on right side and assumed I had right to go first, didn't catch the sign saying otherwise. I was ashamed and that dude tried to overtake me while honking and flashing. I didn't want him to see my face even though his plates were from different town and chances were I'll never see him again. Of course I flored it and he didn't stand a chance of seeing my face. Luckily I was driving grandma's car which is rarely on the road, so I guess I've go e underwhelming radar even though I almost crashed because of texting.

> have 90s civic
>synchros are literally so worn i cant shift into first over 10km/h
i do not know this feel

Because you're too weak minded to look at your speedometer you stupid fuck

Automatics built from the mid 70s on up will just go into neutral if you do that,

Lol yes it did, there were skid marks on the ground and the back started fish tailing all over
Locking the rear brake on a motorcycle is very easy, there's no traction on that bitch

I clutch you faggot. I still cannot shift into first when im at high speeds, hell even at second when too fast for it. Its blocked as if theres a wall inbetween.
It only goes in when its at healthy speeds.

>Put pic related In car
>having fun parallel parking and shit in it since lol muscle car lol power steering
> pull up to a red light
>turns green
>pump gas and inadvertently use steering knob to turn
>way. Too. Fuckin. Sharp
>spin tires, screeeeeeeche, rear end kicks out, counter stear, slam gas and fly the fuck out of there avoid looking at other drivers
>fuck it, worth

Also meant to quote this faggot

Nothing would (should) have happened either way

>What is valve float??
Learn how cars work, retard

>The stage one tune actually netted me more power and better mpg
wew lad. I'm going to definitely look into it. I had a '13 wrx and it was stage 2 but it felt like it was going to blow any moment. How many horses are you pushing to the wheels?

Correct, 1st and reverse are straight cut gears, in any gearbox that isn't fucking retarded.

It's why they whine.

>adjust rear view mirror
>mirror falls off

>be 22
>dont even know how to drive

>left foot brake into corner
>back on the gas
>dab the brake instead of the clutch
>pop out of second, grinds and won't select third
>what the fuck, shit i'm losing time
>press the brake down harder, pull back and SLAM into third
>stall
samir, you are breaking the car

Haven't had it on a dyno yet but I think it's around 310ish at the crank maybe a little less.

It's a 15 with the fa20. From every tuner I've talked to that motor can get to around 380 b4 they pop. The end goal is 300 to the wheels.

>rev higher than 2.5k in 1st gear
>push clutch in
>whole car shakes

>let friend drive car
>"don't worry bro I can drive manual"
>3 to second instead of fourth 3 times
>3 to reverse once (don't ask me how he thought that shit was fourth)
>"I can drive manual"

>letting anyone but you drive your car
Are you some type of normie?

>3 to reverse once

He had that, oh shit face as soon as he heard the grinding sound, threw it into 3rd and dumped the clutch with no gas
>enginebrake.exe
looked at me and said "oh shit bro sorry"

Was he just nervous about driving a car that wasn't his or did "I know how to drive manual" really mean he had driven manual like three times.

you're probably talking to no-car fags. it's impossible to get into first if you're going somewhat fast, no synchro in the world would allow you to do that.

>it's impossible to get into first if you're going somewhat fast, no synchro in the world would allow you to do that.

>implying you can't double clutch

Letting a friend drive your car is like letting them fuck you girl. You cuck.

but what are you afraid of

you double clutch to match the revs ffs, this only allows you to bypass the synchronisation delay when downshifting (because that's the job of the synchros when you aren't rev matching), this doesn't mean you will get into first when you're going too fast.

them being straight cut has nothing to do with anything, it's not like you're sliding the actual gears into eachother, you're just moving the clutch sleeve to choose another pair of gears with a different transmission.

I feel you

When I was still a cocky fuck after getting my licence, I got a bit confused at an intersection waiting for the arrow light to go left(there's a green light and a green arrow left, apparently you can still turn left if it's not on, still no clue so I just go on both green), and some guy in a lifted silverado starts honking at me. I get pissed, step on it, make the turn with wheels screaming, and give him the middle finger out my window. His my high-beams came on, and I started shitting myself, hindering what I just got into. I randomly drove around town, until I lost him on a two lane one way, he tried to pull up beside my to yell or something, so I turned down a side street and drove the half hour home panicked that I might see him again.

Correct, but they generally don't have synchromesh to go with it.

To throw your box into 1st when moving at significant speed in a higher gear, you would have to double clutch and rev match to insane rpm to even have a chance of getting into that gear, rather than it just grinding it's face off.

I must have been driving my 5 speed for too long. How do you not know where your shift point are????

Downshifting to a wrong gear means you aren't used to that car yet..

On another note is blipping or downshifting bad for your car? I do it all the time and my exhaust backfires a lot when I do so.

>I do it all the time and my exhaust backfires a lot when I do so.
It's not backfiring. When you downshift the car runs very rich and expels unburnt gas which can burn on the exhaust.

It puts extra stress on your head gasket too, due to the sudden strain and cylinder pressure, but it's nothing major.

Mine crackles like fucking crazy when I downshift, Carburetors are awesome.

>what is valve float?
Prevented by rev limiter.
>but downshifting beyond rev limiter
you would get wheel hop far before it actually spun up the engine that fast.

going from 3 to D you shouldn't have to press the button, but to go into R you have to press the button. Just don't press the button and that won't happen.

I did this with a utility ATV before tho.

It wouldn't actually lock from downshifting tho. It would still spin with the engine as there's nothing to bring it to a stop. It just spins much slower than the bike is moving.

You just perfectly described what backfiring is you unbelievable retard.

>learn to drive manual on mom's car at 15
>at 16 buy automatic Honda
>drive automatic cars for ten years
>last year buy and drive an mr2 for shits and giggles, manual
>drive it 3 hours hours home with no trouble
>city, hwy driving
>still no trouble driving it
To be fair I didn't go over 90 but still, the fuck you guys?

>tripfags doing something downright retarded
BOY AM I SURPRISED

Backfiring is unintentional you angsty busrider

No it didn't, see You forced the rear wheel to spin slower than the bike was moving, creating a skid but not locking the wheel up.

>samir, you are breaking the car

kek

WTC?

Huh?

where to cop
the 8 ball specifically