>talk about Toyota
>troubleshooting problems
>why Volvo is totally not better than Toyota reliability
>jerk off the AE86
>post dem rides

Other urls found in this thread:

desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/5758925894.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Getting ready to test drive this beauty today.

That thing looks clean, how much did you drop on it?

Haven't bought it quite yet, making sure everything is in order. Odometer is at 68k and the guy wants 6800 for it. It's the supercharged model.

Oh my.

saged + hidden

K
Ohh, sounds interesting. I'm not sure what would drive Toyota to supercharge over turbinecharge, but still cool none the less.
Here's my car, it's not fast, but peppy. I like it.
Please excuse the potato-tier photo

my snap oversteer

Are MR2s really like the snapoversteer meme, or are they tamer than what one would think?

They understeer if anything. Learn to drive and you don't have to worry about snap oversteer. You're not supposed to suddenly decide to brake halfway through a corner

Should i get more TRD stickers or not?
maybe trd steering wheel cover or shifter?

Is that a polo?
>those adorable wheels

Sick corolla bro

Yeah, that would be cool. I'm thinking about putting a TRD shift knob on my Echo.

yes
[spoiler]inspired by trd lzr[/spoiler]

Well guys if any of you faggots want to trade a v6 Camry for an aw11 in the Palm Springs area I'm open for it.

I have a 03 Yaris
1,3L gasoline
Before I get called a faggot it's the most common shitbox in my area and I got it for free when I was 19. It's never let me down, never had any mechanical troubles, and I love it to bits.

Nice. I should re-do my wheels, they're a bit rusty. Where'd you get that TRD badge anyways? Might put it on mine, to compliment the only way to add hp easily: Black Ice

My shitty corolla, need fuel system parts for it to run

aliexpress.
Make sure your grill has straight vents to back or it needs some mods.

i love toyota very reliable this VW car is just as reliable very strange

There's nothing wrong with a Yaris, they're light and fun. How is the 1.3 anyways? I thought Echos (Platz/Vitz, Yaris) only came with a 1.5?

I've always liked the AE86, but never really liked Initial D, too over the top. I hope you get it running!
Any car can be a Toyota with a little work.

Maybe in the US? I live in Italy and the options for that model (and all Yaris to come really) were 1,0 1,3 and 1,5. This was bought brand new by a relative and handed to me in '10

I might pick up some toyota hubcaps that would be cool.

Many retarded stickers on the back that im planning to get rid of soon.
some random country stickers and other bad looking crap

Canada, are the 1.0 and 1.3 as peppy as the 1.5, or are they better or worse? Valve train on both?

Make your car yours. I've seen leagues of Tercels in junkyards all over the place, you might get something good from them.

The 1.0 is terrible, a friend has one. It has barely enough power to propel the mass of the car
The 1.3 which I drive is a fun little thing, very responsive and easy to handle
Dunno about the 1.5 but I guess it would be the same as mine more or less

Hey guys, rich guy here.

Okay long story short. For the time pass I'm planning to buy a Toyota Avalon and then using it as an uber cab. And I also heard Avalon's are a great relaible comfortable cars for the money. What do you think about Toyota Avalons?

Sweet trips
Not sure about the 1.5's power, gonna google, but it has enough power to keep momentum sideways around a lamp post for some fun.

Same guy.

And this is where the passengers are gonna sit. If you were a passenger, will you like the back seats in this car?

Also I'm ignoring the fact that this car is FWD.

Do you by any chance know how center caps work?
can i put them on the center of these steel rims?

No clue, trial and error, I guess. Try ripping some hubcaps off a few junkyard Toyota's, and fitting them on.
I don't know about the Avalon, it looks like a Camry. Camry's are good, get the V6+manual if you want some gitupn' go. For a dedicated uber ride, anything should be OK. An Avalon shouldn't be a bad choice, an automatic might be better, too.

That looks roomy as fuck

3g 4Runner here, mostly a Honda guy before this, and one Mazda. 1990s Toyotas just slay all when it comes to quality and no-nonsense engineering.

Have you checked your ball joints today?

Had the rear window fail on my bud's MK2 today

What engine does yours have?

They really do, I was looking at older corollas and tercels before I got an echo.

AFAIK most asian countries use Avalon or the Lexus ES as luxury rentals srom airports and stuff which means they are the best in the business. I would say go for it.

Yes that definitely looks more comfy.

But hey, if you are looking more into it check the Lexus ES too.

1500 seems to be the going rate around here for the mr2, I'm only one paycheck away from doing real shopping. Only thing is I get paid once a month.

Pls pray that nobody snaps up the two good deals I see on craigslist, pls

No one? If you are interested NO LOWBALLERS SHOOT ME AN OFFER I CANT RESIST I KNOW WHAT I GOT

HAVE CASH ON HAND NO TIRE KICKERS SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY

Yeah I preemptively replaced them at 132k miles with new OEM units. The old ones had zero play in them, and likely would have lasted for many years yet but I'm OCD. My buddy just bought a '97 with 175k and his original LBJs have a bit of play, he is likewise replacing them. I'd say their lifespan is better than average, it's just that the failure mode is unexpected and dramatic due to the design (they pull apart rather than being compressed)

3.4L, awesome motor IMO. Doesn't use any oil at all, no external leaks. Good torque curve, easy to work on, non-interference.

I love the roll-down rear window, priceless feature, especially if you have dogs.

Damn that sounds pretty good.

Why would you do this?

That interior is up to the level of JUST.

Do it, they're solid rigs with decent quality interiors. My fiance's dad was just cross-shopping Avalon Hybrids and Lexus ES300h. Ended up with the ES but the Avalon Hybrid was a good car too. Especially for uber work, I think the hybrid makes sense.

Snap oversteer is a meme.
The car pushes at the limit if off throttle
It progressively oversteers under power
If you lift off like a pussy bitch you might get a bit more oversteer
Don't brake hard and you're fine

Have you guys always been loyal Toyota fanboys? or did you just happen upon a chance purchase one day and get dragged into the world of Toyota?
Would you buy other brand cars, or do you stick to Toyota's only?

We never intended it but my family has always seemed to own mainly Toyota's.

>Would you buy other brand cars, or do you stick to Toyota's only?
As a DD, Toyota, always. As a sports car, one of name related, always, plus whatever else I could collect.

How good of a deal is this?

desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/5758925894.html

Someone say Toyota?

first car was a shit box corolla. that led me to researching that car which led me to other toyota cars. specifically the engine. i thought the car was slow so i wanted to swap something else into it so i looked up other toyota engines.

It's better than you think, there's never any glare on the speedometer, everything's easy to read, and your hand doesn't block it. However, the digital clock ($70 OPTION. if you wanted, you could get an analog clock.) is really low, you need to look almost straight down to see it. No armrests either, which still throws me off.

>that bttf replica
NOICE

Toyota is quite easily the king of car brands. I grew up around street racers and drifters and the most skilled/experienced of them all swear by Toyota as simply making the strongest cars for grassroots drifting. The initial purchase price can be a deterrent for many but after a while most of the guys I trust the most ended up settling on Toyota and kind of all specialize in whatever model they wound up finding a good deal on with the intention of keeping them forever... this includes everything from Corollas to Supras. Even guys with old Celicas and Cressidas love their rides.

And as boring as Camrys can be, there is no denying that they are among the best choice for people that don't care about cars and want to live their lives with as few maintenance problems as possible.

Toyota simply has something for practically anyone, from Yaris level peasants to LFA owners that are too rich for their own good. Even their realistically available status symbol luxury brand cars are good for what they are.

I've personally always gravitated towards Nissans. I guess they appeal to me moreso for aesthetic reasons. Silvias are as beautiful to me as they are capable/affordable. Skylines are the American import icon and RBs are arguably the best sounding Japanese engine. But even though I've bought half a dozen Nissans, I think it just has to do more with my personal comfort zone than anything. I really seriously would love to own a Toyota one day. If I ever bought a brand new car it would absolutely be Toyota. Until then I'll be wrenching drift missiles until I get my life together :)

Engine surges below 3k. I've changed fuel filter, changed the oil/oil filter, and I sprayed the throttlebody with carb cleaner. Also a new air filter.
87 4runner SR5 22-RE
Pic related is only recent picture I have. If anyone is curious I'll go get another one.

Did I hear Yota?!

vacuum leak?

That's my best guess but I don't know how the hell to check the 30 or so vaccuum lines.

Entune tech reporting in. AMA

Where do you live user? That looks really comfy.

>rich fag here
>I want to be an uber driver
Avalons are nice and spacious. Go for it.

Tbqh I'd buy it, that thing is mint

Alberta Canada

First car was a Lexus SC 300 and I've had a few different brands inbetween, but current I have an 86 and I love it. Easily the most reliable cars I've owned.

S F R W H E N

Also why wasn't a performance hybrid engine ever released? Just make a Sportivo Corolla and charge more for a higher performance battery or something

A Lot of fly-in fly-out workers in Australia earn 150/200k+ and work 2 weeks on 2 weeks off, and end up with nothing better to do in their time and drive for Uber

Do you guys know whether this means 1988 or AE88?

Also if it has any chance of being FWD? Pretty sure some of the models pushing close to the 90s were like that for some reason or another

AND one last thing: what is the most someone should ever pay for a tofu car? Given it's in running condition, not rusted out, etc.

Thank you friends

Forgot image too excite

Missing link senpai

1988 AE92. it is 100% fwd.

The search continues, then. Back to scrolling past "no lowballers" CL ads for parted out rollas

that's a fwd corolla. I'm don't sure which ae it is, but it's not an ae86, so it's not a tofu car

Ayyyy boys, got new coolant and oil in my aw today

If you're shit and break hard/lift off hard in a corner at full speed, yes it will almost certainly switch ends on you, moreso than other cars.

Just drive properly and it won't do that.

Probably buying a t100 tomorrow 120k miles automatic 3.4l for 2900. Is that a good deal? What should I watch for?

hello

Just copped

>fwd

>appliance general

Someone bought the MR2 i wanted. :(

awesome lookin ae92 my dude :^)

I paid 1600 for my ae92 and it had 260,000 miles on it. Also included a headgasket and flywheel, had a broken headunit and sunroof. Otherwise was very clean. Depending on miles and other small things I wouldnt pay more than 2500 USD, although it really depends on the condition

Nice.

Bump

gay

I don't get why Toyota is obsessed with the AE86. They make a sports car, and call it the "NU AYY EE ATE SIGZ", then come out with another "New 86" every year.

Do they not understand the thing about the Trueno is that it wasn't a sports car?

Neither is the 86 it the sfr.

Rust, specifically, rust on the frame.

My hachiroku

If you have a sunroof, open sunroof + rear window rolled down is the best.

>My hachiroku
Beautiful as always.

Planning what engine mods to do to mine. Just looking for cams and pistons, exhaust will be HKS Sport (unless I keep the one it came with, but it's so damn loud).

Super Clean. I suggest you check your lift bolts if they haven't been broken apart. Otherwise, you won't get the full 180HP above 6,200 RPM.

Are you looking to sell?

Thanks for the info senpai

Go to Napa and buy enough to replace them all. Goes way quicker then you think.
If its an 89 they probably should be replaced anyways.

Yep. The lack of noise and laminar/smooth airflow has me convinced that the engineers really worked on this to work so well. It's part of the old Toyota magic.

Not as beautiful as yours mang

>Dem Advan A3As

Are you in Japan?

>Engine mods

BEAMS
E
A
M
S

So toyota makes slow cars that are only good for going sideways and getting groceries?

>toyota is quite easily the king of appliances