What's your opinion on Honda? Was thinking of getting a new Civic but I'm finding mixed reviews on them

What's your opinion on Honda? Was thinking of getting a new Civic but I'm finding mixed reviews on them.

They make great motorcycles.

Bland and boring as always, but somewhat reliable.

Cross shop it with a Mazda 3. Both cars are good for what they're for

I've heard the CVTs in them are shit, something about recalling 150k of them.

Get a manual and never look back.

The only manual they make on the regular civics is the LX version without any of the bells and whistles

the only other civic with a nice interior and features is the Si and I hope the 2017 variant is as good as the 2015.

The CVT's are actually pretty good on Civics, just like with Nissan and Toyota's, they're the only brans that can actually do a CVT right unlike every one else who can't seem to make one to last longer than 50k miles but thats another story.

Regardless you'll be disappointed by the CVT's no matter what car you drive because they're more or less designed to work against you in every event. Want to accelerate quick off the stop sign? fuck you! Want to beat the traffic between two cars that seems to have enough room? fuck you! Want to climb a hill at a fast pace? fuck you! The torque on CVT's is so stupidly low when you're going zero speed you'll find that the car sort of "hops" into a nicer acceleration curve as you basically crawl to 2mph then you take off.

Who cares about that VTEC shit the CVT will never let you get up to 5800rpm to save your life, again its working against you.

Take it from me, don't buy leather. Its really nice and stuff but its super fucking hot and will make your car (and you) want to burst into flames.

the EX version of the modern civics come with all this infotainment stuff which is neat but the novelty will wear off within a month of using it. Your frustrations will rise when you try to turn on the Radio to your favorite FM station only to realize that you have to press 3 buttons more than any other regular radio just to turn it on. First you'll turn on the "radio" then select "radio" from the options, and then select FM just to get it to actually start playing music. Beyond that finding your favorite station is a pain because the touch sensitive buttons always have that awkward 0.5-1 second delay under your finger.

Also for all intents and purposes if you're gonna get a Civic EX or EX-L if you dare, you might find that your money is better spent buying an Accord LX which pretty much has all the features of the EX save for things like fog lights and some of those infotainment things but thats more of a feature in itself to not have them if you ask me.

Cvt is not very good worse than traditional automatics coupe ive heard pretty good things about though.

I don't care for their new lineups.

Why can nobody make a manual CVT? I want a lever that I can push up and down to get infinite gear ratios.
WHY IS THIS IMPOSSIBLE

>Why can nobody make a manual CVT?
Because that doesn't make sense

What would be "manual" about two rotating bodies regulated by a metal belt?

What would you even do that'd be manual? The clutch is an automatic clutch and on a CVT it'd only do anything when you're stopped and need to let off a clutch to get the car to move

>Infinite gear ratios

Theres a "S" option on the gear shifter which is "sport mode" which effectively means the computer of the car gears the tranny higher so you get fuck tons more torque but you'll still be disapointed with acceleration and suffer the same shit I talked about here The Nissan Altima has a sort of selectable gear shit thing with its CVT's but its highly gimmicky

>regulated by a metal belt?
move the metal belt.
Instead of having 5 gears, just have a slider where you can "continuously vary" the transmission instead of having the computer do it.
You wouldn't need a clutch, it would just be like an automatic with two pedals.

well then thats not an automatic. It sounds like a regular automatic with more dumb steps.

>continuously vary
>between 5 gears
so the gears themselves are variable? They're not finite singular solids so it'd have to be something that can change circumference AKA a fucking belt

What the fuck are you talking about?

I never said it was an automatic. Instead of the computer moving the belt, you have a lever where you tell it where to move the belt.
It's not varying between the 5 gears, it's continuously varying between the CVT's lowest possible ratio and its highest possible ratio.

They managed to make a good step forward with the new civic, but a minor step backwards with the civic hatch. The other problem is, they are slowly making Acura irrelevant. Why would I get a TLX when I can get an Accord with more amenities like carplay and android auto?

>It's not varying between the 5 gears, it's continuously varying between the CVT's lowest possible ratio and its highest possible ratio.
That sounds like a dumb gimmick

It would be a dumb gimmick, but it would be cool to play with.
Might be neat in drag racing, because you can keep your foot matted and just gradually raise the ratio as you accelerate, always keeping it in the powerband and never having to lift off the gas to shift.
Probably wouldn't be any better for that than a regular automatic though.

Made of McDonalds kids meal plastic

>Might be neat in drag racing, because you can keep your foot matted and just gradually raise the ratio as you accelerate, always keeping it in the powerband and never having to lift off the gas to shift.
CVT's already do this

BUT I WANNA DO IT MYSELF

They're not as good as they used to be IMO. Family members have owned older civics, accords and a family friend had a prelude. They were better than toyota at most things up until the past 5-10 years, now they're kind of pigfat and ostentatious and complicated for me personally.

>Implying that this is only a civic issue
Ever jap car has shit plastic.