>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webms
>Motorcycle maymays

/dbt/ map: Meet and compare willie size
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator: will I look cool on it?
>cycle-ergo.com/

Sticky:

Boring gifums with sounds:
Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

denver.craigslist.org/search/mca?query=xr1200
denver.craigslist.org/mcy/5761844028.html
youtube.com/watch?v=MmWlk1auG8g
xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/index.php
denver.craigslist.org/mcy/5729379721.html
denver.craigslist.org/mcy/5774391758.html
denver.craigslist.org/mcy/5767536532.html
denver.craigslist.org/mcy/5723317503.html
denver.craigslist.org/mcy/5775861428.html
theweek.com/articles/541314/special-forces-are-getting-new-stealth-motorcycle
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Harley-Davidson edition
finally, some REAL bikes, brother

God damnit kat. what happened to your 80's bike?

sold it, it's back in oregon, I live in colorado. I think the guy who bought it crashed within a few weeks too.

kind of miss it tbqh

happy 11th September haha

Oh. what are you riding now? I need to change jobs so I can start daily riding this guy.

today is the 10th

>just riding around
>see two people on a klx and dr200
>turn around and ride with them
>they drive like boring old men
any one else ever been disappointed by people with similar bikes?

not since 5 minutes anymore.

DAY 3

The Pig Beast has survived it's second night, possibly only because the throttle isn't on it.

Lets see if I get it put back together today.

nothing at the moment. I got my truck back so that's been my fun vehicle lately, but I think near tax season I am going to get some kind 1200cc sportster. either I will ball out for an XL1200v (seventy two), a Xr1200 if I want to spend too much money on a used bike or an XL1200R most likely.

M8...
Pull the fuses/wiresnek if you're so scared

is that a GL1000

and if so, what is it like to ride? I have always thought those were cool.

lol nobike niggu

>tfw 72 and sunny
>just went for a quick rip on the GS550

aww yee

shit's ghey af

Get the XR you massive faggot.

It is a $500 GL1000, my DRZ got stolen. Once I rebuild the front brakes and get all new cables and replace the clilp ons with drag bars it might actually be decent to cruise on

Come down to florida, buy and cafe/bobber my suzuki. I wanna sell it and so far no one is biting. plus it's still warm down here.

Today I finally got around to repairing exhaust damage from a hit and run!

$15 worth of sandpaper and clearcoat spray instead of $650 to replace the actual exhaust.

Also fuck people who back into things and don't leave a note.

its not september 11th in the US, you know, the country where it happened and the country that still cares about it.

ye mang I knoe how ya feelies because when I sold wr
but now no one can tell me shit yo

> the country that still cares about it.
uezs the only country that still cares about it

still sorry about it but lmao guys its time to move on like lol live goes on
>well except for these who died
LMAO

Are triumph bikes actually good or are they just obscure hipster memers trying to be different?

drag bars would be neat. or motoX bars.

also lowkey jealous. always liked those, they just seem badayuss. dat axle hop tho.

"no"

I am getting tired of shit bikes. that being said, the harley isn't good but I think they are pretty cool and loud af.

any bike can be loud, harley's are so shit I can't believe you want one.

How much is the insurance on the GL?

r8 my new cop /dbt/

>filename

very nice

>not enough strokes/10
but actually super cool

>harley's are so shit I can't believe you want one.
LMAO brother, how could you NOT want a REAL bike?

its whatever. some ride for style, others ride for whoolies, some ride for practicality. We all ride on 2 wheels, so enjoy. and stop shitposting.

for real stop being a nigger about harley's and actually think about what you're spending a significant amount of money on

dunno, can't afford to insure it until the payment for my Miata goes through paypal

I'm 98% certain it will be $75/yr, can't really get lower than that.

the street triple in particular has been the best midweight naked for a long, long time. the daytona is the only triple supersport I'm aware.

if you enjoy the characteristics of the 675 engine it's hard to argue. I haven't ridden their adventure bikes but they're supposed to be very capable.

in terms of reliability/fit/finish they're better than italians but worse than japs. I've had no electronics issues with mine aside from the shit factory battery always being dead.

tl;dr they're just as good as any other manufacturer. largely depends on what you want in a bike.

I want a 2 stroke street biaku :(

>tfw no rs250

it is 100% flagrant trolling niqqa.

but actually an evo sportster is pretty reliable, decent amount of power and still a harley. no problem there.

Bread on tank

X R 1 2 0 0
R

shit's still like 8.5k though and I don't want to finance it for that much.

denver.craigslist.org/search/mca?query=xr1200

>riding uninsured
baka desu senpai

Get that $7000 one for $6000

I'm not riding it, it's in pieces.

IDK bruh, this thing looks cash as fuck

denver.craigslist.org/mcy/5761844028.html

Is that a mall ninja bike?

Yeah. They just wanted to pop willies and get hektic. Weren't at all interested in exploring the world. Major let down.

I'm in florida and want a bike

Whatchu got nigga

You know all the "HD GUYS" think sportsters are for women and everyone else thinks Harleys are for fags, right?

yes. but a sportster is better than a shadow to them, and I am 20 so I can get away with one.

>my DRZ got stolen
fucking srs
wowww
When did that happen? I thought you had it last night

>not exploring the world while popping wheelies and going hectic
lol

Being 20 makes you a girl?

>but actually an evo sportster is pretty reliable, decent amount of power and still a harley. no problem there.

Get the later ones with the alternator on the crankshaft and they last forever. Harley spare and performance parts are completely covered by the aftermarket making them very practical to keep for a lifetime.

xlforum is best source for everything Sportster.

I'm a multibrand owner and experienced mechanic. I like nearly all motorcycles except Hyosung.

no but it means I can ride the sportier harley.

there are some Vrods for a similar price tho desu

How much difference is there between the street triple and the street triple r? Or is something like an MT-09 better anyway?

>I like nearly all motorcycles except Hyosung
that's how I am feeling family.

>shit's still like 8.5k though and I don't want to finance it for that much.

Buy a much less expensive Sporty then mod it yourself if you feel like it, but I wouldn't spend that much one one either. By then you are in big twin or multiple motorcycle territory.

>your mum ever letting you out of the basement
wr pls

that's how I am feeling. I will probably get an XL1200r or XL883r (they have the dual front disks) and go from there. at the very least, I want either mid controls or rear sets and a back seat for the honeys.

>You know all the "HD GUYS" think sportsters are for women and everyone else thinks Harleys are for fags, right?

The RUB posers opinions don't matter. Sportsters were the original dualsport machines and only historically ignorant fools think they are girls bikes.

Sonny Barger rode Sportsters, so no one else can say shit about them being chick bikes.

There are plenty of chill real bikers riding all kinds of scoots. I ignore the rest.

A friend of mine daily drives a Triumph Daytona 955i in all but the worst rain/snow storms and has for 2 years, and it's never broken down or had any problems. It was definitely a good bike for him, but he's autistic when it comes to maintenance so that may have had something to do with it.

Pic related is the exact model and color scheme.

Shits got like 40hp bruv. Dont really think thats decent power.
Post boipucci then

k
>Shits got like 40hp bruv
XL1200r has like 70. not great, but 79ft-lbs of tq is pretty fucking decent.

78 GS550. less than 13k on it, done a whole bunch when I got it because it was sitting inna barn since 1988. everything but the points are original.

and this picture are the most recent.

Maybe

I could definitely see a mall ninja owning one

youtube.com/watch?v=MmWlk1auG8g

Nah, mall ninja bike is a diesel KLR.

30kw wtf.
Dont the military usually use bigger bikes.

You can also easily install the appropriate fork slider, second caliper and different brake lines.

I put dual discs on all my HDs and it isn't shit to do so don't pay anyone.

Later four piston calipers are the way to go but you have all sorts of easy caliper options. I wouldn't buy expensive aftermarket calipers because there isn't shit to a caliper. The old Harley single piston calipers suck but adapters are cheap or you can swap fork sliders.

The 883 was born for insurance reasons. Their cylinders are the same as the 1200 but were left with thicker walls for the smaller pistons. You will eventually want 1200cc because what makes cruisers pleasant to ride is torque.

Hit xlforum and Chop Cult for useful info. The riding season is ending soon so prices tend to drop. Don't go shopping hungry.

The solid mount Sporties are light, easy to work on, but are buzzy compared to the rubbermount bikes. I prefer solid mounts but I have big twins for distance work.

Test ride both and yer ass will tell you which you prefer.

TPMS is the only real difference I see on the site

GS have great drivetrains and there are many out there for dirt cheap.

Check gsresources for info.

lol y u mad

So should I just go for the regular Street Triple instead of the R and save a grand? Maybe spend a few hundred on accessories and such

>Dont the military usually use bigger bikes.

Military vehicles don't travel fast, they travel slowly over shit terrain. Military motorcycles are obsolete because quads carry more gear, but they are fun for civilians.

Rip the sidecar mounted machine gun

militaries are usually nobike because the heat signature from the engine

thanks for the info. I have thought about getting an 883 purely for that insurance rate, and throwing one of those 700$ 1200 kits on it but I don't know what the quality is on those. seems easy though, just new jugs and slugs and bam more power, and I think the 883 head gets you a bit more compression.

there's a ton of mid to late 90's 1200cc sportsters for sale on my craigslist for like 2.5-3.5k though, I just love the look of the 1200r.

as for rubber vs solid mount, I need to ride one but I am ok with a bit of buzzing, but I also do want to go on some longer road trips so that might be something to look into.

fucking everything gives off a heat signature

i highly doubt thats the reason

The "R" itself has Daytona's adjustable suspension and brakes.
If this sounds like it's up your alley, then the price premium between the two models is definitely worth it. If not, you're still buying a fantastic mid size performance street bike regardless.

I love the fucker, but I dont have the space. I wanna see it go to a good home, but I know to sell it it may have to be....chopped.

here's how she looked when I bought her, next to the bike I first bought and sold.

especially when you're fighting sand niggers with ak-47's and home made bombs

Taller gearing and swatting large lead fishing sinkers (ancient trick) into handlebar ends makes for nice highway travel.

If you can score a clean 1200 cheaper than a Hammer kit plus 883 it makes sense to buy the 1200. You can of course make those engines MUCH bigger, but I wouldn't make my main ride a project bike.

xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/index.php

>i highly doubt thats the reason

It isn't. Shitty payload and high injury rate in training are the reasons. Motorcycles made sense in WWII when they were much faster than four-wheeled vehicles AND radio comms sucked. That's why "dispatch riders" were a thing.

Jeeps made bikes mostly obsolete, and modern quads and Gators finished the job. Heavier work required HMMWVs which replaced M151.

y wud i b mad? i akshualy wnt 2 SEM

>ignore the colors
it's incredible how many cheap, low(er) mileage sportys there are around here.

denver.craigslist.org/mcy/5729379721.html
denver.craigslist.org/mcy/5774391758.html
denver.craigslist.org/mcy/5767536532.html
denver.craigslist.org/mcy/5723317503.html
denver.craigslist.org/mcy/5775861428.html

the market is saturated, and come tax season when I actually have some cash on hand, I think I can scoop up a decent sporty for not much cash. I would love an XR1200 just because they are cool as fuck but it is totally not necessary, especially considering I am not guy martin and need to be as fast as possible on the street
>tfw want a 72 but don't want to finance a new/9k bike

Does anyone here have any experience with running from the police?

a little
what do you want to know?

That 550 would make someone a fine first bike.

>>tfw want a 72 but don't want to finance a new/9k bike

I wouldn't either. Let other people eat the depreciation instead. Ten thousand miles isn't shit on those engines.

Some people even make capable adventure bikes out of Sportys. (xlforum has a few examples)

there must be some reason DARPA is researching electric motorcycles...

theweek.com/articles/541314/special-forces-are-getting-new-stealth-motorcycle

On a dirt bike, would you recommend running from the police off the road? Or trying to lose them on the street?

iirc, fully adjustable suspension and uprated front brake. also a higher seat.

Once or twice
Just remember, drop a gear and disappear and when in doubt, flat out

Alright, thanks lads. Any idea what kinda cost it would be to buy used and in decent condition?

>flat out
Wat

>wat
WOT!!!

bcuz u actn like u mad

Unless it's rush hour you will not get away without going offroad.

>leaving bar on DRZ with tinder date
>pull a wheelie
>cop sees
>cherries and berries
>haul ass down the road to the bicycle path
>disappear into the woods

I prefer
>when in doubt, whip it out

Post boipucci

>*unzips dick* at the officers

>he doesnt piss and ride at the same time to mark his territory/not have to stop for bathroom